ELFQUEST
FORUM ARCHIVE     ABOUT EQ     READ ONLINE     SHOP    
ABOUT     READ     SHOP    

Help me! What I need to buy?

Kastanya

Hello everyone! Long time no see!

I have come to ask your help, because I am not sure what should I buy from Wolfrider shop. I have some money to spend on those single comic issues (at the bottom of site), but I don't want to buy those I already have as reader's collecions.

These I have:

- Every Reader's collection, except: In All but Blood, Chief's Howl and Wild Hunt
- New Blood and Hidden Years hardcover books
- Wolfrider -manga books 1 and 2
- SatS & Discovery

I am interested in these:

Elfquest - Hidden Years #1 - #29
Elfquest - New Blood #1 - #35, Summer Special 1993
Elfquest - Blood of Ten Chiefs #1 - #20
Elfquest - Two-Spear #1 - #5
Essential Elfquest (1995, intro to EQ for new readers) #1
Elfquest - Metamorphosis (1996, pre-EQ vol. 2 intro) #1
Elfquest (volume 2, 1996-2000) - #1 - #10, #12 - #16, #18 - #29, #32

What are issues that have not been published in my books? It is a hard question, but I though that maybe some other collector remembers what issuses she/he must have bought to cover those gaps in reader's collection series. Useful links are also welcome!

And If you have opinions, what are the issues I sertainly should buy, please, tell me! (Good stories, important stuff, beautiful art etc.)

(I am sorry for my all too self-centered post -_-)

innie

If you have that many reader's collections, the half of your list is already covered. These however, aren't included elsewhere:

Essential Elfquest (1995, intro to EQ for new readers) #1
Elfquest - Metamorphosis (1996, pre-EQ vol. 2 intro) #1
Elfquest (volume 2, 1996-2000) - #1 - #10, #12 - #16, #18 - #29, #32
So I'd say you'd have to buy these Wink

Kastanya

Thank you, thank you, thank you Innie! :D

I am amazed that non of the Elfquest valume 2 comics are included in any of the RC's. Can you tell me what they are about? I quess they are not drawn by Wendy, but are they otherwice good? If I had to pic only few, what are the best volume 2 issues?
I will try to use search while waiting :)

Kastanya

Ok, I did a little bit researching and wikipedia was really helpful :)
There were hardly any interesting storylines in EQ2 so I must consider if I really need them.
Also I noticed that when I get my claws on RC's WildHunt and Chief's howl I get those missing Hidden Years and BotC stories.

Let the everlasting Elfquest collecting continue! Maybe someday I will have them all in my bookshelf...