ELFQUEST
FORUM ARCHIVE     ABOUT EQ     READ ONLINE     SHOP    
ABOUT     READ     SHOP    

... around Christmas time

Embala

I'll try to show a new Christmas bauble each day til Christmas ... and perhaps a bit longer ...
(rebuilt after the hacker attack, at least as far as my contributions are concerned / 01. March 2009)

Advent Calendar 2008 - Original Quest ... starting right below

Advent Calendar 2009 - Beloved Dead ... starting at post #15

Advent Calendar 2010 - Chiefs & Mates ... starting at post #130

Calendar Special 2010 - Forum Bauble Heads ... can be found at post #386, the Thank You for my visitors, with additions: 2011, 2012, 2013

Advent Calendar 2011 - The Magic of ElfQuest ... starting at post # 396

Advent Calendar 2012 - Cubs, Fawns, Pips ... and what else ... starting at post # 813 and an extension at post # 1053

Advent Calendar 2013 - Extras - A Time to Shine ... starting at post # 1216

Advent Calendar 2014 - The Final Quest ... starting at post # 1501

Christmas Collages - 2008 - 2009 - 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014

New Year Greetings - 2009 - 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015

Three Kings Day - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015

There are no permalinks to the single posts possible (at least I don't know how to make them) so please scroll down the linked page to find the listed pictures ...

... and there are more collages and pictures which are not linked - you'll have to go on a bauble quest for them ;)

Feel free to add something of your own - it will be dearly welcomed :)

When you like the calendar pics you may enjoy visiting my bigger Elfquest Collages too.

Embala

Advent Calendar 2008 - Original Quest

Nightsea

Loved your decorations, reposting mine too!

--Nightsea

PCoquelin

@Embala : I must say this is a WONDERFUL collection !

PLEEEEEEEZE feel free to merge whatever avatar from my collection to your X-mas wonders !

( IF ONLY they were for real !... )
*sigh*

Embala

You are welcome, Nightsea!

Let's see - there's majestic posing Cutter in this old fashioned bauble ...

... and Skywise with --- *eeek* ... still eyeing me! ... must duck down to make the snowball fight start ...

If you want to see the complete picture and learn the real little story behind, look here

... the girls have fun *smile*

... Rayek not so much *oops*

... and revenge is sweet *grin*

... come out, little one. It's save again :bz

Embala

Take some cookies

and take a look what incredible encounter happened to our proud Wolfchief recently

Embala

I wish you a Merry Christmas

and a Happy New Year ~O)

Embala

Quote:

@Embala : I must say this is a WONDERFUL collection !

PLEEEEEEEZE feel free to merge whatever avatar from my collection to your X-mas wonders !

( IF ONLY they were for real !... )

*sigh*

Thank you very much, PC :D

Do you have some preferred avatars? Could be a nice little challenge to create a "special edition" for you!

PCoquelin

[quote:7d19471caf="Embala"]Do you have some preferred avatars? Could be a nice little challenge to create a "special edition" for you![/quote:7d19471caf]
I NEVER ask any favor.
Just please yourself ( and us all ) and choose whatever you want !

[size=9:7d19471caf]( Well, um, yes, in fact... would you dig into my Suntop/Sunstream avatars? )[/size:7d19471caf]

Embala

Quote:

I NEVER ask any favor.

Just please yourself ( and us all ) and choose whatever you want !

As long as I get all the time I need it's my pleasure - trying to see with "other's" eyes brings variety and sometimes surprisingly good results I'd never achieved sticking in my routines.

Quote:

Well, um, yes, in fact... would you dig into my Suntop/Sunstream avatars?

...let's see what I can do ... Christmas mood in spring? ... maybe this will take it's time ... =P~

bukittyan

Brilliant! I love the Tyleet/Olbar picture! That was awesome, although I never really thought of Olbar as a Santa figure.

And the cookies are good too. Mmmm.... cookies....

Embala

Thanks bukittyan :D Making the baubles was fun - and suddenly Santa Olbar was a natural addition. Glad you like :D

Treefox

Wow, I can only agree that it would be nice, if these were real! And I also love the Olbar one. Such a buff Santa in rags. But still, it doesn't seem that wrong to me. Great idea!

Embala

Thanks, Treefox :D

If I could do the decorations for real I would sell them ... or - NO! I would keep it for myself, as always!

... and do doubles to make them a gift for EQ fans ;)

Embala

I'll do it again :) ... a new Christmas bauble each day til Christmas ... and perhaps a bit longer!
Enjoy a visit ... and feel free to add something of your own.

Advent Calendar 2009 - Beloved Dead

Special thanks to Foxeye for the permission to use her colored version of Crescent and original art of Trueflight :-*
Special thanks to Allura for the permission to use her original art of Hoykar :-*

Treefox

Cool! This was so much fun last year.

faeriegirl

Yup, here's hoping it will be done again this year :)

Embala

With thanks to PCoquelin for the permission and invitation to use "whatever" of his avatars :D
I hope the young magic will accompany us this year - taken from or inspired by PC's avatars.

faeriegirl

yay! like the future balls already! and this one ofcourse!

G0lden

Adoeable Embala just adorable. :D

Embala

Thanks for the heartily re-welcoming of my little pre Christmas fun :D

Actually this years theme will be the Beloved Dead - with Suntop accompaning us besides the calender pics. This first little one was all PC's idea ... isn't it just perfect for the very first anticipation of the coming holidays?

faeriegirl

Absolutely!!

Embala

It has begun ...

See!

In case you wonder - the daily calendar can be found at post #15 on this page ... please scroll back!

G0lden

How precious Embala! I like it a lot. :D

RedheadEmber

[size=18:880b9fe791]Me likey!!! :D :D [/size:880b9fe791]

Embala

Fellow ELVES! TROLLS! Bondbeasts and HUMAN FRIENDS!

This is an open SENDING!

Do all of you know the tradition of an Advent Calendar? This is how Embala remembers it from her childhood days:

A paper house or paper picture with 24 numbered doors - each day from December 1st til Christmas Eve you may open a new door - enjoying the pretty picture you will find inside. This is what Embala is offering until Christmas ... and a bit longer.

The daily calender is found down on the first page and each day one more door will be replaced by a Christmas ornament. You are invited to visit - come and see whether you find YOUR Beloved Dead in the collection.

I will pop up unregulary, greeting you ... and bumping the thread if neccesary.

When you are looking by don't miss the daily calendar!

And when you like it ... tell me Smile - or feel free to add art of your own.

G0lden

Love the new one Embala. :D

Embala

In case the daily calendar should be extended until New Year there are still three doors empty. Take the chance to tell me YOUR beloved dead - perhaps a random one I don't thought of while doing the "usual suspects" ;) no matter whether elf, troll, bondbeast or human.

Then you would find your choice at the end of the year (or even earlier in the regular calender) and I could fill the remaining days. :)

RedheadEmber

Love it! :heart: And wonderful idea of using couples as the Sunday pics! :D

Hmm... dunno if you've already used that... but... Lutei

PCoquelin

Quote:
Embala

It has begun ...

This is wonderful...

[Deleted User]

I just LOVE your christmas bauble pictures- they're great!
Especially the Suntop ones!

Embala

Redhead! Always challenging ... you claimed spot on the character I did NOT want to do :-j ... Why am I NOT surprised? Now I've to find a proper presentation for a faceless character shown only once. ;)

There are still two more empty doors ... anyone else want to take the chance to request a beloved dead - perhaps a random one I don't thought of while doing the "usual suspects" - no matter whether elf, troll, bondbeast or human.

Happy to see you here, Moonmoss :D There will be more for sure.

Glad you enjoy, PCoquelin - it was fun to use your "visions" of Suntop to create sort of "hosting the thread" with them.

!Ahdri G0lden

Nightsea

I'll request a beloved dead: Trueflight!

:)
--Nightsea

Embala

Wink at Nightsea ...a must-do! Great to see you visit :D

There's still room for suggestions!

faeriegirl

ehm... I guess the Ten Chiefs are already included? ;)

Embala

Not this year, faeriegirl Wink

Tenderfoot

Quote:
Embala

Redhead! Always challenging ... you claimed spot on the character I did NOT want to do :roll: ... Why am I NOT surprised? Now I've to find a proper presentation for a faceless character shown only once Wink

Nonono! His face is here!

The male elf who kneels in the sand. That's Lutei.

And what about little Cheipar? Unhappy I cried when I read the scene where he died, even though he was just in one panel.

Embala

I know the speculations about this guy's identity - is there actually proof positive for him being Lutei? Anyway - would like to leave him faceless ... and maybe have an idea already ;)

For the rest - - - keep watching, Tenderfoot, keep watching :D

Tenderfoot

I read somewhere that someone (Bonita, I think it was) needed a face for Lutei and sent a message to Richard Pini, asking if that guy could be him. It could, so at least I think of him as Lutei.

But your choices, oh mighty gift maker big-thing!

faeriegirl

Quote:
Embala

Not this year, faeriegirl Wink

Not? ok, then hereby suggesting Goodtree and/or Skyfire, if you need more dead people :P

oh, and assuming Longbranch will be included... you already got Brownberry in, but not him ;)

[Deleted User]

Here's a little thank you for making such a beautiful calendar for us :hug2:

and as for beloved dead, I'd like to see...you never guess...hehehe...Crescent! Though I bet she's one of the obivious ones..
Yurek would be nice addition too.

Embala

I don't intend to use the Chiefs for this calender, faeriegirl ... they are needed later. But when there's an empty place left in the end I'll remember your request, ok? :)

Hhmmm ... may-be ... you and I - and Redhead of course - can get what we'd like to see ... keep fingers and toes crossed, Tenderfoot ;)

[Deleted User] said:

Here's a little thank you for making such a beautiful calendar for us :hug2:
Awww ... such a beautiful gift, Moonmoss :D Thank you so much!!!

The ornament looks great ... I'm honored being greeted by Moonshade herself!

... and just keep watching ;)

G0lden

How pretty Moonmoss. :D

RedheadEmber

Charming pic of Skot you found there Embala... :D :P

faeriegirl

Quote:
Embala

I don't intend to use the Chiefs for this calender, faeriegirl ... they are needed later. But when there's left an empty place in the end I'll remember your request, ok? :)

they are? what for? ;) OK, I'll wait and see! :D

Rjjspesh

Quote:
Embala

and a Happy New Year :D

This one is Awesome! It really has that 'New Year' feel to it!!!!

bukittyan

Yea! Embala's doing her waiting for Christmas calendar again! It makes waiting for Christmas so much nicer. :) Though, I don't know if I agree about Kahvi being with the 'Beloved Dead'. We haven't seen her body yet, so I'm not convinced she's dead yet. Wink

Embala

This could help to shorten the wait, faeriegirl ;)

Hehe, Redhead ... Skot just refused to smile nicely *grin*

These Trolls will be hard to top in the years to come, Rjjspesh!

Welcome back, bukittyan :-h ... well, we must consider a certain possibility that she IS among them - and she missed the last calender. Alive or dead - Kahvi would say

Dance!

When you are looking by don't miss the daily calendar on page one, post #15! And - there is still room for one suggestion ... wish to see your random beloved dead?

G0lden

I like the new ones Embala, so precious. :D

RedheadEmber

And... now for the day's stupid question: Who is it? :?

Embala

Not stupid at all, Redhead Smile , just proving that there is more of Elfquest than anyone can "have down cold". These are Osek and Mekda - as seen in the Tales of Love and Loss.

btw: right click on the picture (for properties or save picture) will give the names away.

Icemoon

WOWZA !!!!!!

HOW and WHY Did I miss this !!!!! Unhappy Unhappy Unhappy Unhappy

that's so so soooooo wonderfuuuuuuuul !!!! just a super idea and an awesome job !

I love all of 'em !

Hey, You know which beloved dead I'ld like to see in your calendar ? Murrell ! (or Valloa, dunno how to call ehr ! xD)

Embala

And when you are looking by don't miss the daily calendar on page one! Smile

You're so sweet, Icemoon *kiss* ... happy you enjoy! Murrel is a great choice - with the same problem as Skyfire or Goodtree, tho ... I'd like to reserve them for later.

Want a teaser for 2010? *psst... Chiefs and Mates ...psst* (will be an awful mass of work!) ;)

faeriegirl

Love the 'extra' and Yurek both! :love:

PCoquelin

Quote:
Embala

WOW!...

I'm at a loss for words, really.
It's wonderful!

PLEEEEEEZE keep these little wonders coming !

G0lden

OOOOhhh I like it a lot. :D

Rainy

I can't help but cringe every time I see leaves right now. LOL.

I really like that a bunch though!

Embala

You are following this year's calendar as steady and caring as the young magic himself, G0lden! *biiiiig hug* Sees faeriegirl coming by ... *group hug*

Issues with evergreen leafs, Faerydae? Wink Welcome and thank you!

Your appreciation leaves me slightly overwhelmed and heavily flattered, PCoquelin

Quote:
PLEEEEEEZE keep these little wonders coming !
I promise they will come ... most probably littler wonders, tho ... *sigh*

Well - Want some Cookies while waiting?

Icemoon

I...I... I see me !!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

oh ... And wanna eat moonmoss and Nightsea !
hmm.... Fairiegirl, Rjjspech looks good too...as well as Golden... Hmm, hard choice ...

*growls*
Pcoquelin has that mischevious head who make me think HE will eat ALL the cookies...

Grrr...

EDIT: Eeeek ! Haven't seen redheadEmber !!!! i'm pretty sure it'll good too: me likes banan ! Wink

and Rainy ! *claps hand*

No really, this is suuuuuuuuuuuuch a cute collage !!!!!!!!!!!!
:love:

And all the Sunrise collages are just little fabulous pieces <3

Rainy

I sort of wind up cringing whenever I see leaves after having to draw a bunch of them, lol, it's through no fault of anyone else!

I get the same way when I have to draw a bunch of little things cuz it's so tedious, someone was showing a Cutter wallpaper with him peeking through the leaves and I had a leaf flashback of the first order! lol

faeriegirl

oooh! cookies!! *grabs my' cookie* tastes good!!!

Love the additions!

PCoquelin

Quote:
Icemoon

*growls*
Pcoquelin has that mischevious head who make me think HE will eat ALL the cookies...

Grrr...

Heh, heh!

*crunch*

I promise I'll leave a lot to you, dear...

*crunch*

EDIT: Well, some, at least...

*crunch*

EDIT: Well, be quick about it !...

faeriegirl

*snags the remainder of the cookies* I'll keep them safe for everyone...

...there's not much left... Embala, any chance there'll be more cookies? Bake these again? ;) (or others...)

Embala

Don't worry ... these are replaced magically each time one is eaten ;)

faeriegirl

*eats the faeriegirl cookie* really? *checks the pile of cookies* it is! it is! :D
woohoo!

love all your pictures, the calendar and all else!

Nightsea

<3 Rillfisher!

*eats Nightsea cookie*
--Nightsea

Embala

This one is made for Willowspring and her cub Littlebit - showing Littlebit with Santa ... and a secret companion Wink It fits too well for NOT showing it here. Thanks for the permission!

And when you are looking by don't miss the daily calendar on page one! *very happy*

RedheadEmber

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Willowspring2

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

G0lden

That's adorable Embala. :D

TrollHammer

Not everyone is having a merry christmas...

Christmas edge

Happy Hollidays

G0lden

:roflmao: TrollHammer, that is so funny. I love it. :D

Embala

Hahaahahhaahahahahahhaa ... *hysterical laughter* ... hahhahahahaahah ... Funny!!!!
Poor Two-Edge - no Christmas fun *grin*

Redhead :-j It's hard to say what's able to make you cheer! *insert *banana* here*

The pictures of Littlebit always seem to inspire me, Willowspring. You are so nice, G0lden. Thank you both *hug*

That's hilarious, Trollhammer! Where is it from? And btw ... where have you found your avatar?
Thank you for contributing!

TrollHammer

Heh, heh, you're the first to ask! Both are from elfquest, and both are hand modified in Paint. Two-Edge came from Shards, and used to be holding another elf in the chamber of the shards. The logo is from New Blood, but you'll have to look where it's from yourself if you havn't seen it, it's too dang funny! I have a plan to change it when I get the project done in a few months (maybe)

Besides just having fun messing around, I'm trying to get my rusty hands to get back into drawing and sculpting, but it's painfully slow in coming, so to get into the grove I'm hoping I can put a smile on a face or two! :)

Embala

Well succedeed! Hoping to see more, soon :D *PAINT ? ... 8-| ... NEVER managed this programm*

After Two-Edge ranting and venting Wink let's try to find the spirit of Christmas again ... a spirit at least :)

And when you are looking by don't miss the daily calendar on page one! :D

RedheadEmber

:roflmao: Pure genious TrollHammer!!!

Embala... of course I'm cheering! :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Or rather... Børge is! :D

TrollHammer

That's awesome, Embala! Great job fitting form and image, it's beautiful!

G0lden

That's simply too cool Embala. I like it a lot. :D

Willowspring2

:hug2: youre very welcome. Whenever i put up pictures of Littlebit, me always hopes you play with the picture. ^.^

WolfMoonSky

That's hilarious TrollHammer :roflmao: so funny! your a Pure genious Grin

Embala what a beautiful image, i love it!

Treefox

Embala, your calendar is wonderful again! I'm sorry that I didn't have the time to comment earlier. I love that you gave the calendar a theme like that! The biggest surprises were Mekda and Osek! Brilliant. This thread has some beautiful works!

Embala

Welcome, WolfMoonSky :D Many thanks - all of you are great!

Glad you found the time to visit and enjoy my calendar, Treefox. Your comment is appreciated very much *blushes*

A last pre-Christmas greeting from Sunstream ...

... but there will be a special Christmas piece - and some more before this year is ending.

And when you are looking by don't miss the daily calendar on page one! It will go on til New Year's Eve. :D

TrollHammer

Well, I was hoping to get another pic together before Christmas, but it's only half done and I'm out of time. Oh, well!

Looking forward to seeing what you've got up your sleeve Embala!

Thanks to everyone on the this thread for making the holidays seem more... holiday-ish? I've had a real problem with feeling good this time of year in years past, always hurried, not feeling like I have time to ENJOY the festivities for all the prep work I'd get involved in, or vacations out of state, or sorting out issues with parents and inlaws, or any multitude of other craziness. I'm glad I've finally joined a community and that it was this one, as you all are so nice, creative, and interesting.

Thanks again for keeping things in the NOW!

As I probibly won't be on until after Christmas, Happy Hollidays! I hope you all have a great time whatever you're doing!

~Troll Hammer

Embala

Happy Holidays for you, TrollHammer *HUG*

Hope to see your new creation after X-mas then!

bukittyan

Love the pics of Nightrunner and Little Patch. Will Starjumper be making an appearance? :D

Embala

Welcome back, bukittyan :D

In the edition I used it looks very much like it is Starjumper in this scene - greybrown Nightrunner in the background, Starjumper in the foreground. It's not a very typical picture tho ... but I really like this one in the bauble - and his expression. ;)

Treefox

Oh, Little Patch! Great choice, he is so handsome on that pic, too.

G0lden

Love the new one Embala. :D

willderbeast

TrollHammer doth wrote with the electroquill:
[quote:96e63f9f00]Thanks to everyone on the this thread for making the holidays seem more... holiday-ish... I'm glad I've finally joined a community and that it was this one, as you all are so nice, creative, and interesting. [/quote:96e63f9f00]

'Twas a funny, funny picture, TrollHammer. I dug it muchly (it would make a nice EQ Christmas card).

I want to echo the almighty TrollHammer's sentiment and say :D Happy Holidays :D to everyone. I haven't been on here a lot and haven't shared anything creative yet (it's hard when your main mediums are photography and music composition on a synth and some hand-drums) but I've really enjoyed all the discussions, stories, pictures, kindness and, heck, the general awesomeness of this community.

I'll see you all again come the New Year!

HUGZ!

Embala

Welcome, willderbeast :D
Thank you for your Christmas greetings. Have happy Holidays and an interesting and enjoyable time in the Scroll furthermore.

Well ... what do you think about today's calendar pic, Tenderfoot?

RedheadEmber

:heart: Cheipar! Cute idea!

Embala

I wish you all Happy Holidays!
Have a peaceful Christmas and a good time with family and friends.

And remember - the daily calendar goes on! :)

G0lden

Love it! :D That's so cool Embala. :D

Merry Christmas. :D

RedheadEmber

That's cool! 8)

But eh... I think some of your baublets have fallen from the tree... Wink

WolfMoonSky

That's so cool Embala :D

Love it!!!!

Merry Christmas to all of you :D

Embala

Thank you :D Hope all of you had a great time!

I had to bake some new cookies ...

... and want to deliver a special gift for Icemoon because she won't get her requested Murrel this year

and an extra for faeriegirl ... ... I don't promise NOT to reuse her next year if neccessary ;)

Icemoon

EMBALAAAAA !
It's too much for our poor eyes !

I loooove the christmas piece...

And dunno what to say for Irralee !!! U're just... just... THE SWEETEST !
*huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuug*

WolfMoonSky

Ohhhh Embala it's beautifull!!!!!!!!

*Hugs*

RedheadEmber

Love the avatar cookies :D

Nightsea

Where did the art/character for the faeriegirl gift come from?
She's lovely!
*eats another "Nightsea" cookie and smiles*
--Nightsea

NEXT PAGE