ELFQUEST
FORUM ARCHIVE     ABOUT EQ     READ ONLINE     SHOP    
ABOUT     READ     SHOP    

River Twine Holt

Joan_M

(Why, yes, we're a little bit gorgeous Happy )

River Twine Holt is something a little different: a traditional writing & art club featuring an Original Quest style tribe of wolfriders. In our group, rather than play out our elves' lives by forum roleplay, stories and fan art tell the tale. The pace is slow, and the creative involvement intense - if you prefer to write and draw rather than roleplay, have no time to keep up with an RP group, or are just looking for a different fandom experience, RTH is the place for you!

In addition to our creative community and large archive of fan fiction and fan art, River Twine Holt features a rich history and tribal background, active messageboards, monthly contests, trades and events, and a commenting system for both writing and art. The club is run by a five-person council, ensuring that even in the event of a leading member leaving, the group won't close down. We are always eager to welcome new members into the River Twine experience! Currently we have two types of membership available:

Player Members adopt a character and receive creative control of him/her, as well as full participation privileges, and need to turn in one sketch or 500-word story per three months;

Reader Members don't own a character and need only to give one comment per quarter to retain their membership, but get partial privileges such as access to restricted parts of our messageboards as well as a first crack at any newly adoptable characters. If you're interested in the club, but no character catches your eye, or you aren't sure if you'll have the time, joining as a Reader Member is an ideal option.

Please see the last posts for information on whether we have
characters available for adoption, or visit our fabulous website. Reader
Membership is always an open option, too!

Icemoon

I would like to join you, but I'm too young !!
>.<

Tynami

I'd love to join up, but about my only talent is making dollz. Plus, I can't play males at all... ah well.

Joan_M

News on River Twine yet again! One of the holt's sweetest lifemated couples, Cloudfern and Greenweave, are both up for adoption. If you ever wanted to join RTH as a team, or even if you just like beautifully designed characters with wide and interesting family connections, now's an ideal chance Happy.

Joan_M

River Twine updates strike again! Cloudfern has been adopted, leaving his lifemate, Greenweave, all alone out in the cold. He needs a loving home, you guys...!

We also have a pair of lovely ladies, Chicory and Windsong, available - both with strong family connections, both mothers (biological and adoptive, respectively) of adorable young cubs, but otherwise different as night and day, so you can pick your type. Give them a look!

Sefra

I would love to adopt a character, I think! Is Greenweave still available? Heart

I'm also quite fond of Chicory, if she's still available! Smile

*crosses fingers*

Joan_M

Hi Sefra, thanks for your interest! I'm afraid I have bad news, though - both Greenweave and Chicory have just been adopted (I should've been quicker with the updates...) Unhappy

Can I still interest you in Windsong? Other than her being a character with enormous potential (she's not really been updated since the Time Jump, for once, so there's room to adjust and throw out new ideas for her), I'm kind of biased - she's my character's mother Wink. Please take a look at her CIS, she might surprise you! Puppy_eyes

Sefra

Hello Joan! Smile

I've been discussing Windsong with Eregyrn and I'm a bit on the fence with her. She's not a kind of character I normally play, but she's amazing nonetheless. I just asked Eregyrn if you could reserve her for me until tomorrow night? I promise to make a decision until then! Happy

Joan_M

I hope you'll reach positive conclusions! Yeah It's good to experiment and stretch your comfort zone Wink.

The truth is, we don't really have a reservation option in RTH; but we don't have any other standing applicants for Windsong right now, and a joining request usually takes a couple of days to get finalized anyway, so you definitely have some breathing room in coming to a decision.

Vojira

Hmmm, I think I'm going to join as a Reader Member. I found the site two years ago and I love the fanart section and the elves stories are fascinating to read..
(Just hope I figure out how, because I'm a complete knucklehead apparently )

Joan_M

Vojira, you're definitely welcome as a Reader Member! That format also has its perks Wink and I'm delighted to hear that you like our work. We try ^^ (and we also love guest art and fic, especially for our contests...)

This is our joining page and this is the page for Reader Members - hope that helps! If you have any questions feel free to post or drop me a PM.

In other news, RTH now has a full house: there are no characters available for adoption at this time. But again, we welcome all Reader Members - and one of the perks of Reader Membership is a first crack at adopting any elf that becomes available. So give it a thought!

Eregyrn

12/30/10:

RTH has unveiled the art for its 2011 calendar. If you're interested in seeing it, it's been posted here. We'll be having a page put up soon that will offer downloads of printable copies, or desktop wallpaper versions of various sizes.

Sefra

The art is gorgeous! Heart

psychosarah999

hello....hello.....hello......is anybody out their?... is their anybody home?

Eregyrn

Yup! Hi! *waves* What can we do for you?

psychosarah999

I am using some art from the EQ fan art site that may be from your holt. I wanted you to OK the use of the art as a refrence to what my charicters are supposed to look like. if it is OK that is.

If not, do you know anyone who would want to draw some for me? I am terrible at anything but crazy swirly stuff.

The group is called children of the banished Right here on ElfQuest. If you want to take a look and if you see any other art that I need to track down the owner of let me know and I will.

Joan_M

FireStar: I wish you luck in finding artists who would be willing to draw for you, but I'm afraid that we are really not okay with art from our holt being used for other purposes without permission. RTH art is specifically created to represent RTH characters. Please respect our artists' wishes and ask them before reusing any of their art.

psychosarah999

That's OK I understand.
Do you know how to contact mirror?

Embala

She is on deviantArt: Elf-in-mirror

Maybe you can contact her there.

Eregyrn

10/25/11: updates!

Honey has been adopted! Congratulations to Icebird! :D

See latest post for info on currently adoptable characters.

Eregyrn

12/28/11:

RTH recently unveiled the art for its 2012 calendar. If you'd like to see it, it's been posted here.

We'll be having a page put up soon that will offer downloads of printable copies, or desktop wallpaper versions of various sizes.

Eregyrn

01/12/12: updates!

Windsong has been adopted!  Congratulations to Maggie! :D

Eregyrn

04/02/12: updates!

Dreamflight has been adopted!  Congratulations to Sandi! :D

Eregyrn

8/2/12: update!

Starskimmer has been adopted! Congratulations to Linn!

See updated list of adoptables below.

Embala

I'm always happy to read RTH is active and doing well Smile Wish I could make enough leisure time to consider a reading membership ...

Eregyrn

09/27/12: updates!

Linn has switched from Starskimmer to Rill, while Kyna has rejoined with Starskimmer!

Eregyrn

01/10/13: updates!

Tah-marien recently adopted Goldspice!

Eregyrn

02/22/13: updates!

Ca-Twin recently adopted Greenweave!

Stormcatcher

Looks like someone I could relate to. Tempted again to join the Holt...

Eregyrn

Looks like someone I could relate to. Tempted again to join the Holt...

Have a look around! Smile You may also find you know some of our other members.

Stormcatcher

Already busy studying the rules. Happy I'm just not sure I'll be able to convince my muses of the quarterly schedule...
Haven't done a lot, lately.

Feyhowl

Sounds interesting.

Is Pathmark still adoptable?

Eregyrn

Feyhowl said

Sounds interesting.

Is Pathmark still adoptable?

Yup, he is still available at the moment. Smile

Stormcatcher

And I won't get in the way! Wink Though tempted, reason got the upper hand. But I'll look in at RTH now and then. Happy

Eregyrn

And I won't get in the way! Wink Though tempted, reason got the upper hand. But I'll look in at RTH now and then. Happy

Please do! Smile You might take a look at our Reader Member option, which allows folks some more access, without owning a character and thus having the heavier quarterly requirement. (We only ask RMs to leave at least 1 comment per quarter, so we can keep track of who's still checking in.) RMs get notification of characters becoming available for adoption.

Of course, anyone is welcome to lurk, as well. Wink

Embala

1 comment per quarter should be manageable - keeping track of art and stories though ... O.O

Feyhowl

Oh you wily recruiters... getting me hooked on Pathmark already..

Puppy_eyes

Eregyrn

LaughLaughLaugh

I think a lot of people who are artists (which I think includes writers) may see a bit of themselves in Nightstorm. I know I do. Wink

Nightstorm's bio kinda freaks me out sounding a lot like my own personality

The unfinished projects continue to clutter up in my own house as well LOL

Eregyrn

(Okay, that's completely weird! Unhappy In my usual fashion, I deleted the earlier posting about the 3 characters available, since one has been adopted. To keep things neat, I don't leave up those old posts, if the characters are no longer available. I repost the ones that are, as I have below. But... when I deleted that post, it seems to have deleted Kindredsoul's reply to it as well? Unhappy Unhappy Unhappy But my reply to HER is still above. I'm kind of confused about how that happened. My apologies, Kindredsoul!)

10/17/13: update! Rill has been adopted -- welcome back, Daria. Smile

Embala

Eregyrn said

(Okay, that's completely weird! Unhappy In my usual fashion, I deleted the earlier posting about the 3 characters available, since one has been adopted. To keep things neat, I don't leave up those old posts, if the characters are no longer available. I repost the ones that are, as I have below. But... when I deleted that post, it seems to have deleted Kindredsoul's reply to it as well? Unhappy Unhappy Unhappy But my reply to HER is still above. I'm kind of confused about how that happened. My apologies, Kindredsoul!)
It's not your fault, Eregyrn. Don't worry. Kindredsoul has deleted her account willingliy ... and this took away each post, each activitiy she ever made on the Scroll and the whole site. It's a pity Unhappy ... I don't think that Kindred was aware of the consequences of her action - less has intended to erase all her traces.

Eregyrn

Embala said

It's not your fault, Eregyrn. Don't worry. Kindredsoul has deleted her account willingliy ... and this took away each post, each activitiy she ever made on the Scroll and the whole site. It's a pity Unhappy ... I don't think that Kindred was aware of the consequences of her action - less has intended to erase all her traces.

Ohhhhhh! Hypnotize That's how unobservant I am... I failed to notice it was not-there before I started messing around with posts. Thanks for explaining!

WolfMoonSky

Embala said

It's not your fault, Eregyrn. Don't worry. Kindredsoul has deleted her account willingliy ...

Wow, what?! Why did Kindredsoul deleted her account? *confused*

Eregyrn

10/22/13: Update! Nightstorm has been adopted; welcome, Tessa!

Eregyrn

02/11/14: Update! two new adoptable characters available! See below.

Embala

Eregyrn said

(rats, even though I have only uploaded like 3 other tiny pictures, it tells me I've reached my upload limit! To see a picture of Honey -- who does resemble her daughter, above -- please visit the page linked below.)

This upload limit is sort of a bug. :/ You can always include an IMG address the old-fashioned way as long as you have a picture hosted somewhere online, Eregyrn. Or you simply wait until Rob has done the announced site change. After the move to a new Forum rules and possibilities will change anyway.

Eregyrn

Embala said

This upload limit is sort of a bug. :/ You can always include an IMG address the old-fashioned way as long as you have a picture hosted somewhere online, Eregyrn. Or you simply wait until Rob has done the announced site change. after the move to a new Forum rules and possibilities will vhange anyway.

Thanks, Embala! I don't know why I didn't think of trying that.

Eregyrn

03/03/14: Update! Congratulations to Ally, who adopted Chicory!

Eregyrn

04/04/14: Update! Another character available for adoption, Thornbow. See below.

Eregyrn

7/10/14: Beetle has been adopted! Congratulations, Mira!

Hyfus

Hello all!
I've had such a wonderful time reading all of your elves CIS. This is my first post on this forum as well.
I LOVE the concept you have going and it has, obviously, proven a successful one...congratulations on that front!
As far as the characters...Moss...Moss...Moss. I am loving him
Just wanted to say, again, how much I enjoy the concept, it makes it so much more approachable to newbies of online Holts.
I'll happily be signing up as a reader...
Best!

Eregyrn

Thank you so much, Hyfus! I would definitely encourage you to join as a Reader Member. You never know when characters might become available for adoption. :)

Eregyrn

11/17/14: just to note, congratulations to Ingrid, who adopted Dreamflight, and to Angie, who adopted Thornbow!

Something to make sure to note up front here, since it has been a while since we've posted -- River Twine is not an RP holt. We operate sort of like the old fanzine-holts (of which there are a few around). Instead of an ongoing RP, we build a group storyline by having members who write stories (some short, some long), which are posted to our website; or by doing artwork. So, both writers and artists are welcome. Members don't have to just focus on the "current" ongoing storylines, but may explore and develop any time period of their character's life. (And members can, and do, write about other characters besides their own -- all owners get approval over anything written about or drawn for their character.) This gives River Twine a somewhat slower pace than some RP groups, I think? But we do tend to have updates and new submissions posted to the website every week or two. We also have a forum, which is for discussion, organizing, and socializing. Our participation requirements are quarterly (rather than daily, weekly or monthly), but it's usually true that the more active you are, the more you get back in terms of interaction with others, which is what we're all here for.

River Twine is coming up on its 8th anniversary -- which is good, in the sense that it shows we're still going! But it also means that we have 7 years worth of stories built up, and we recognize that since we don't accept new characters, only adoptions of existing characters, that means that new members have to get up to speed on what's happened, and have to be willing to take on a character who already has some mileage on them. But, the group definitely wants to help new members get caught up, and because a character's entire life is fair game for development, new owners can often really put their own stamp on a character, despite their existing histories.

If this sounds like a way of operating that might appeal to you, check out our current adoptables, below!

Honey

Aged 315. The sister of Thornbow; mother of Dreamflight (see above) and Recognized of Greenweave, from whom she is somewhat estranged; Honey spent 30 years in wrapstuff, awaiting the time when the tribe would have a healer who could cure her fatal pneumonia. When she was wrapped, she had an apparently-happy family life with Greenweave and Dreamflight. When she came out of wrapstuf, she found that Greenweave had gone back to his previous lover, Cloudfern, and that her daughter was a bit of a mess over the dissolution of her family. Previously someone who concentrated on fishing, Honey decided to remake herself as a hunter, finding that she would be happiest when she kept herself active and within the wolfsong and the Now. She is sweet of nature, and can be generous and kind, but she is so prone to strong feelings and romantic ideals that she can become mercurial and subtly manipulative when trying to make things come out the way she wants. Honey's more grounded and centered these days although she can still be prone to social anxiety.

Her full Information Sheet can be seen here, including all stories and art related to the character.

If this character interests you, visit our website at the link below, and click on "Join Us!" in the menu bar at left, for more details on how to apply!

Finally, if the group appeals to you but the currently-available adoptables don't at the moment, there is always Reader Membership, which gives you more access to the group and puts you on a list for alerts when characters become adoptable in the future. Visit the website by clicking here, and click on "Join Us!" for more info on how to become a Reader Member.

Eyeshigh

Ok, I would like to join you! The character looks like me, even the hairstyle! Will check your site!

Edit: need to think about thus. Her character is very different is different from mine. But I think it will be a challange. Will give you a message!