ELFQUEST
FORUM ARCHIVE     ABOUT EQ     READ ONLINE     SHOP    
ABOUT     READ     SHOP    

Searching for a Holt

crystal_dragon

I'm a longtime EQ fan and would like to join in an RPG/holt but am not having much luck in finding one, as most have disbanded, discontinued, or disappeared (Thank you sooooooo much, Geocities Evil Grin) I've sifted through the EQ site links for one that fits me, but haven't had much luck in finding it. So, I'm posting this to see who can point out some holts that are active and accepting new members.

Shade and Sweet Water

Icemoon

the shadow wolf holt is actually active...
We've got two adoptables: Silence (female) and Fastwolf (male).
If you want more iformations, go check the page (click on my banner)

and there's too the world of danen, a greaaaaaaaaat world where there's many tribes, it's a forum like holt.

I play in the two

Apogee

Quote:
crystal_dragon

I'm a longtime EQ fan and would like to join in an RPG/holt but am not having much luck in finding one, as most have disbanded, discontinued, or disappeared (Thank you sooooooo much, Geocities Evil Grin)

Shade and Sweet Water

OH CRAP I forgot to try and grab one of the holts I'd tried getting on... but then again I have some printed out things already and the site never got updated even after I joined in ... oh... 02? something like that? Ah well. It'd never be updated again anyway :(

I'm still waffling about my own Bald Mountain holt because I need to get a forum on my website for it, and no one's gotten back to me about how to do it. But then these are pseudocanon - dragonriders.

ElfTanner

Yes, please check out world of Danen. We are active and would love to have a new player. There are a lot of characters needing to be played and a few tribes where you can create your own. Feel free to brows.

Tehaar

I hope it's okay to hijack your thread and ask for help here. I'm trying to find a Holt that would be just right for me, but there are indeed so many (and many dead links...) that I hope someone here can point me to a right direction. I also have a few questions about holts!

Are the holts usually about RP or something else? Or does this just depend on the holt? I would like to concentrate on RP, and I definitely want to create a character of my own. I wonder if it's usually allowed to eg. have a wandering character who then joins the group that lives in the particular holt? Or are most holts adoption-based (as it seems from a quick look)? Also, are there many holt sites for non-Wolfriders? I would maybe like a Go Back character or such as opposed to good ol' Wolfriders.

The concept of a "Holt" website is quite new to me, so I'd appreciate some beginner's advice or recommendations about active holts!

Apogee

In the "Self-Elf" thread, ther'es a link to a new holt. .I'm ostensibly part of it, but I've been extremely lazy and out of it lately so i haven't gotten back (and, i'm only on my laptop which has very poor swiped internet and no links). But you can create essentially yourself or idealized self, as an elf!

Sofia

What Apogee said :D

The "Self-Elf Holt" is open to all kinds of elves (as long as you keep them "realistic" - i.e. no elves with five types of animal-blood who can shoot lasers from their eyes).

We've just gotten started, so all the rp-ing is currenlty focused around our Glider-Holt, High Cliff Holt. Most of the elves being played are not Gliders and there's already a Go-Back, so we need help in creating our universe's Go-Back tribe!

If that doesn't suit you, I have two other Holts to rec. I would recommend my own Holt (Survivors of a Lost Holt, link in my sig), but we currently only accept plains runners and adoptables.

I will, however, plug my and melodytime's Holt Mirrors' Lake. It fairly new (only three members so far) and the website's still under construction (and only works in Firefox for some reason...), but we plan to build our tribe mostly out of wanderers, keeping adoptables to a minimum and accept most kinds of elves (definately Go-Back-like ones!)

Also there is Starpool Holt. It might look dead, but it's just resting! We've been on hiatus and will soon be back on our feet. I've been a member for almost 9 years now and never had a dull moment!

The background for this Holt is that elves from all kind of Elfquest-y worlds get snatched up by wild magic and dumped left and right, in other universes. The story focuses on a group of very different elves trapped on a small island and more or less forced to put up with each other and losing the world they used to live in. And of course other things happen as well.

The downside with this Holt might be that you have to adopt and elf to join. But other than that you may create up to four other, completely original elves.

PS. Great to hear you're still interested in playing in "Self-Elf" Apogee! As said before, there are no participation demands, so no stress. Join us when it's the most fun for you!

Tehaar

Thanks guys! Especially thank you Sofia for the thorough introduction, it was very helpful.

I'm afraid I want to play an elf quite unlike me, so the Self-Elf holt isn't good for me, though I like the idea in general. :) I think I'll first take a look at Mirrors' Lake, might be fun to be a part of a community from the beginning. The site also looks quite promising, let's hope more people will turn up.

Now to think of a character! I already have both a male and a female name, so I need to figure out which character to go with... :P

SailorSilvanesti

Hi!
Have no idea what I'm doing or how a Holt works, feel free to let me know and point me in the firection of a free Tribe...or what ever these things are...
Thanks! ^^

ElfTanner

Quote:

I hope it's okay to hijack your thread and ask for help here. I'm trying to find a Holt that would be just right for me, but there are indeed so many (and many dead links...) that I hope someone here can point me to a right direction. I also have a few questions about holts!

Are the holts usually about RP or something else? Or does this just depend on the holt? I would like to concentrate on RP, and I definitely want to create a character of my own. I wonder if it's usually allowed to eg. have a wandering character who then joins the group that lives in the particular holt? Or are most holts adoption-based (as it seems from a quick look)? Also, are there many holt sites for non-Wolfriders? I would maybe like a Go Back character or such as opposed to good ol' Wolfriders.

The concept of a "Holt" website is quite new to me, so I'd appreciate some beginner's advice or recommendations about active holts!

I have a tribe of snow elves where you can create your own character if you want to check them out.

Tehaar

Thanks for the hint! Danen seems like a really interesting world. But I'm afraid I find the RP style so very confusing, heh. So far most of the Holts I've seen do use the same system, but I'm not sure if I really get it! It seems a bit unneccessarily complicated to have all games in a single thread.

I guess it's a matter of getting used to, but still, I'm struggling to follow the games. I'll see if I can gather the courage to join another Holt. Mirrors' Lake is a bit quiet, so I should have energy for another character or three. Tongue