ELFQUEST
FORUM ARCHIVE     ABOUT EQ     READ ONLINE     SHOP    
ABOUT     READ     SHOP    

What would you REALLY like to see?

Blackbird

What would happend in the world of two moons if you were the god? I mean, something you want to change? Or turn out different? Or something you want to happend?

If I could decide...

*Leetah & Cutter would recognize again!

*Crescent never would have died

*Sunstream recognize Venka or Newstar

*Vaya never would have died

*Rayek would recognize a pretty, normal WOLFRIDER maiden :twisted:

*Shenshen could die

*And also Pike..

*Ember & Mender would recognize

*Yun & Teir would recognize.

*Ember wasn't chief yet.

*Moonshade got a new hairstyle, and Clearbrook have short hair again.

*Cutter got new clothes

*Dewshine would recognize Scouter, and he never got so mean.

yeah..lot's of recognizions here..

woebringer

the world of 2 moons would be invaded by D&D monsters, that would make the place better. :twisted:

Oh and Cutter reconizes Winnowill. :twisted:

stardreamer

Quote:
Blackbird

*Vaya never would have died

*Agrees with that one*
(was reading that story this afternoon

Direwolf

Quote:
woebringer

Oh and Cutter reconizes Winnowill. :twisted:

Hey! What do you have against the lil blonde dude to get him in so much trouble??? lol

LordDarkhan

Winnowill would still have her body

Sunstream would recognize Winnowill

Its about time for Treestump to kick the bucket

Zhantee would be alive

Strongbow would have died in the shards war

New Elf Tribe would be found (the ORIGINAL wavedancers)

Rayek recognizes Raenafel

Skywise and Rayek become buddies(yup it would happen)

A story on Dart and his relationship with Shu-shen, and then his new found relationship with Kimo.

History of the GLiders

History of the Sunfolk

Kahvi is definately dead and not coming back

Two-Edge recognizes with Clearbrook or Venka

scarlettdoll

Man, all these horrible deaths!!

I wouldn't have anyone die.

I do really like the idea of Cutter and Leetah recognizing again.

Arfurido

I agree with all of Lord Darkhans :D (maybe except for the Zhantee part)

Rayek and Raenafel? Hell yeah!! :D

(PS, when I first read that about Winnowill having her body, I read "...would shave her body"... *cough*)

Blackbird

Quote:
LordDarkhan

Its about time for Treestump to kick the bucket

New Elf Tribe would be found (the ORIGINAL wavedancers)

Zhantee would be alive

Agree, agree, AGREE.. :D

Quote:
LordDarkhan

Strongbow would have died in the shards war

Kahvi is definately dead and not coming back

NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! Evil Grin You are evil, man.

Who's on the avartar, by the way? The one to the right was hot..

Quote:
Scarlettdoll

I do really like the idea of Cutter and Leetah recognizing again.

Yeah, that would be sooo cool...a boy!

LordDarkhan

[quote:0c1b171408]Who's on the avartar, by the way? The one to the right was hot.. [/quote:0c1b171408]

They are friends of mine. They were used for this "Shade of Love" campaign.

krwordgazer

Yes, I've been hoping for a while Cutter and Leetah would Recognize again. Ever since Leetah dreamed of it in "Legacy."

What I really want to happen is a wonderful, satisfying resolution for Rayek. He's paid for his crimes a dozen times over. He's like another character I love (Lord Peter Wimsey), of whom it was said, "He's always had everything, except what he really wanted." It's Rayek's turn!

Synesthesia

Nooooooooooo! Killing Strongbow is not allowed. I love him and want to see a lot of stories about him. Like, when did he decide to just send? When he was a kid? We see him sending to Bearclaw in Wolfrider. *wonders how old he was then*

Blackbird

Quote:
krwordgazer

What I really want to happen is a wonderful, satisfying resolution for Rayek. He's paid for his crimes a dozen times over. He's like another character I love (Lord Peter Wimsey), of whom it was said, "He's always had everything, except what he really wanted." It's Rayek's turn!

So agree, would be fun to see how he could be like if he got the chance for a "normal" life..

Blackbird

Quote:
LordDarkhan

They are friends of mine. They were used for this "Shade of Love" campaign.

Very beautiful :)

ChristinaRaibert0

Adding my 2 cents... sorry everyone if I haven't been much heard around lately. I had a lot of family problems, and a recent death these days. Unhappy

Now, as for what I'd like to see in Elfquest....

Haken and Sefra would be the founders of Blue Mountain (am I the only who's always thought there must be a relation of some kind between Sefra's and Skywise's passion for stargazing and the only flying elf-tribe of Abode?!)

The Go-Backs would have met the WolfRiders long before book Four... and Bearclaw and Kahvi have a child! :twisted:

Longbranch (man he was cool) and Brownberry would have never died. Nor would Strongbow's mom... what's her name... Trueflight.

Crescent would still be alive. Either that or her spirit would often guide You-Know-Who... and I'm not referring to Voldemort!!!

Cutter would never die. Nor would Strongbow.

Venka and Two-Edge would have a child. And Winnowill would be none too thrilled about it, but ultimately it'd be part of her own self-healing and long-awaited redemption.

Yeah, Winnowill would come back to the grand old self she was before the whole Blue Mountain era. This would require a lot of time, of course, and Rayek's loving support all the way. But she'd definitely overcome the worst side of herself - with some loud bump over the way.

Sunstream and Brill would meet, Recognize and fall in love anytime soon. She'd ask him to lifemate and Spine would join them in threemating, by exchanging his soul name with the couple. And they'd have a great time raising their very powerful child together.

Their very powerful child would Recognize Venka's own very powerful child at some point of the future. And, together, they'd fly the Palace of the High Ones!

Ember and Teir would Recognize and have a daughter.

Who would be the center of both Pool's and Sust's attentions, hence shaking things up between the two Wild Hunt boys.

Oh, and her name would be Foxglove, or anything like that.

A new band of Gliders would come back living at Blue Mountain. I won't spoil things up for who hasn't read SaTS yet, but I'd definitely see Lord Windkin ruling over Winnowill's lost empire, with his father, Aurek and Aroree as advisors and his children as new Chosen Hunters. Door's spirit would show up too at some point, causing them some troubles.

Venka would be the new leader of the Go-Backs, and Two-Edge would forge their weapons.

And Two-Edge and Reef would definitely become Soulbrothers. Or at least best friend. They've both suffered so much at Winnowill's hand, that'd be interesting to see them confronting their respective experiences.

The New WaveDancers would show up some of the rituals and customs of the Old WaveDancers (ie the storyteller thing or the Big Swim), suggesting they have common ancestors. And I'd definitely have the NWD come from the same history told for the OWD - or at least something like that. They do need a stabler background!!

Haze and Farbright would still be alive. And Haze would have a better fashion sense. Oh and Krill would be called Storm instead, now that's a way more fitting name for her!

Lastly, Skimback would die. I don't care how. Turned into the fishy takeaway snack of some giant killer whale, repeatedly shot at by Ardan Djarum, strangled by his own truly freaky amount of fins, strangled by Sandsparkle after their latest rift. All is fine as long as he dies. We've got enough of you and your fins, Skimback!

Or at least he'd have his magic drawn away. He's done way too many messes out of that. I mean, c'mon, those fins!! And he isn't seen twice with the same shape of ears. And he's even given himself webbed eyebrows! Urgh.

And by the way, his and Sandsparkle's child would be a rockshaper. Take this, Snakeskin! :twisted:

Alana

Tyleet would fall into a hole, never to be seen again

Dewshine would recognize someone who's name doesn't rhyme with "Pouter," and they would become lifemates

Winnowill would either poof out of existence or get healed, thus getting rid of the predictable "Bad Guy."

Two-Edge would join up with the Wolfriders and nurture his Elf side, maybe with Venka as a lovemate?

Ember and Cutter's tribes would reunite, and Cutter would be the unquestioned Chief, leaving Ember to just relax a little and grow up a bit more.

Savah and Ekuar recognize because hey, why not?

Mender and Yun would continue their lovemating, because I think they're adorable together

The Wavedancers, Sun-Folk, remaining Go-Backs and Wolfriders would all merge at one site to form a massive tribe. At least for a little while.

Arthis

I'm very sorry for you Christina, :(

You've got all my condolences and sympathy.

LordDarkhan

Mine as well Christina

Brace

My best wishes to you, Christina.

What I would like to see is a Winnowill restored. I have had such hopes for a different outcome of Shards where she is concerned. For once I wanted a happy sappy end.

And then there are my Gliders. Perhaps they can reunite? It would sooth my bleeding heart. Pretty please.

Stardeva23

Hi ya'll,
I am new here! Anyway, I would change the fact that when Leetah's high-one self (I forgot which issue) is shown is spirit form that she would could still be brown. I would also LOVE a new "savage" tribe to emmerse from a high one like Timmain who turned into a wolf. But this high-one turned into maybe a cat-like race, and there are very STRANGE parallels because they die as well. There would be (it would be hurtful to watch) a chief like Cutter that is a woman (NOT like Kahvi) and there would be a strange "Recognition" and this would change "recognition." In other words there would be, for the first time, a threat or a darker side to love that is beyond "threesomes," "love-mates" etc. There would be two "recognitions" for the first time and in there is a small quest where Leetah and Cutter (though painful) try to find out what it is and why. In the meantime Cutter cannot get this elf out of his head. What is this strange feeling? He is still Leetah's and that will never change. I just think this would be interesting. And this new race has a different look. Either they are much darker then the sun villagers or have different features then the typical big eyes. Maybe their lips are bigger, or their eyes are squintier, or they are in a time where they still kind of look lke cats. They could look more African -- I think it would be really cool to explore a darker race, or even a dark dark race -- like ebony or their hair was NAPPY! Or they looked more Asian --- my brain keeps going doesn't it? LOL And where could they resonate? Maybe a cross between the forest and the desert, like a savannah ... blah blah blah :) and they can jump like cats.

Jeppe

Quote:
Alana

Tyleet would fall into a hole, never to be seen again.

HAHA! i could just imagine this: "the hole of falling and never coming back".

Tyleet: whats that? a hole?

The hole of falling and never coming back: no, i'm not a hole! just walk right over me!

Tyleet: okay... AAARH!

Scouter: NOOO! SOHN!*

The hole of falling and never coming back: forget it! she's never coming back!

Scouter: phew! then we're rid of her irritating hair!

The hole of falling and never coming back: yeah, hehe...

*that's Tyleet's soulname, right?

Or she could just get some kind of other hair-cut! and as many says, Leetah and Cutter should definately recognize again.

and Rayek should get free'ed (?) of his "winnowill burden"

lunakat

Yeah- I want to see Winnowil go down- as in, exit the story. Heal her pleez. She is tired villian fodder. And no more "flesh shaped" wierd monster thingies. Let's devise a new plot.

Really like Treestump's metal quest. It makes a lot of sense- and is a natual next step. Hmmm. I dislike the "misfit trolls"- way too convenient to turn them into lumpish halfwits. I'd like to see what happened to the mountain trolls- how did they evolve? I bet they became much more clever! And what ever happened to Urda and her band? That could make for an intereseting (if sad) storyline.

krwordgazer

Yes, Christina, so sorry for your loss. Unhappy

Luna, I think the misfit trolls could be very interesting if they were handled a certain way. Because they're so helpless in many ways, what would happen if the elves found themselves obliged to defend/protect them? Could be intriguing. . .

Blackbird

I'm so sorry for you, Christina, I hope things get's better :( know how hard it can be (not that I know how you feel!!)

Quote:
ChristinaRaibert

The Go-Backs would have met the WolfRiders long before book Four... and Bearclaw and Kahvi have a child! :twisted:

Oh my god, Imagine that cub!! :twisted:

Quote:
ChristinaRaibert

Longbranch (man he was cool) and Brownberry would have never died. Nor would Strongbow's mom... what's her name... Trueflight.

Crescent would still be alive. Either that or her spirit would often guide You-Know-Who... and I'm not referring to Voldemort!!!

Cutter would never die. Nor would Strongbow.

So agree, neither off them should have died, they were sooo cool..

Quote:
ChristinaRaibert

Sunstream and Brill would meet, Recognize and fall in love anytime soon. She'd ask him to lifemate and Spine would join them in threemating, by exchanging his soul name with the couple. And they'd have a great time raising their very powerful child together.

Not agree on this one :o Sunstream and Venka....yes!!

Quote:
ChristinaRaibert

Ember and Teir would Recognize and have a daughter.Who would be the center of both Pool's and Sust's attentions, hence shaking things up between the two Wild Hunt boys.

Don't want them to recognize, but a daughter o' Ember and a little fighting over her.... :D Cool.... Wink ( I hope Pool wins )[/u]

lostshard

[color=darkblue:27113e20e7][quote="ChristinaRaibert"]
Haken and Sefra would be the founders of Blue Mountain [quote][/color:27113e20e7]
Haya christina, first i wanted to say keep thinking positive....I know, cause it helped me a lot in those times a couple of years ago....

But as to your ideas about blue mountian? intriguing...as of a week ago i am writing a story about the gliders and their history, ( and xan21 is doing the art.....have you seen art by him?? it is of such high quality you won't believe it until you see it 8) )before blue mountian as is the founding and shaping of the mountian, and inbetween the stories of winnie, voll and a couple of more gliders and some surprise links to other tribes...can anyone say rootles ones?? (no i haven't read any stories about the rootless ones yet but these in my story are my guezz..

As to haken and sefra??? mm i ll give one litle tease away noww Wink

Sefra and Deir are voll's parents,Yes i think for real, so haken is the possible father of winnie, but i haven't figured her parents out for sure yet....though maybe, just maybe winnie has a brother Wink

Arfurido

Hasn't Richard stated that Vol, the son of Sefra and Deir is NOT Lord Voll?

LordDarkhan

Yes he has stated that.....

Arfurido

I know this is mentioned... I think my main wish is to see something good happen to poor Rayek. I mean, him wandering out there with Winnowill inside of him... and that good ol' Ekuar following him no matter what. Get rid of that b*tch for once and let Rayek have some happiness... please??!

I want to see the story with Venka and the Go-Backs too. I mean I REALLY want to see it soon. It's bound to be plenty interesting. And what about Aroree and Two-Edge, what has become of them? *ponders*

What about Windkin? Will he bring Wavelet and Wavecatcher with him to the wolfriders? Is he the one that introduces the wavcedancers to the wolfriders? The "final quest" has to be HUGE to sum up all the loose ends out there... and that is my main wish, that is what I want to see :)

lostshard

Quote:
Arfurido

Hasn't Richard stated that Vol, the son of Sefra and Deir is NOT Lord Voll?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Evil Grin Evil Grin that was GIBRA not sefra sefra is the skywise look-alike.... but i really think deir is the father.... if you watch the scene where voll's parents are running through the forest (in a flashback memory of voll in book 3 captives of blue mountian) and when you look closely you can see the male has the same kind of clothes as deir.....so that's were i base my theory on......
Research is a bitch....not :twisted:

And if you read the comic 'how shall i keep from singing' you can see deir cary Vol and indeed not VOLL and says to timmain...GIBRA's made a son to play with your firstborn you gave us, and we named him vol....

sooooo sorrry but my theory still has a possible truth..... and i do try to keep my story as real als possible and not to fanficty

lostshard

Quote:
LordDarkhan

Yes he has stated that.....

not that but gibra and deir.....
sorry me a bit bitchy Wink

woebringer

Predator Vs Elfquest, need i say more. ok i will :twisted:

Rayek: Wow three red dots!

SHOOWIZZCRICCCC!

Cutter: Ok time to move agin.

Livinia

Well one of the things that I wanted to see already happened, and yes, that was Strongbow and Moonshade having another child. :)

Hmmm, I like the idea of LEetah and Cutter having another cub. I mean, why not? You'd think with her being a healer and with everyone near the Palace it would happen right?

If I had had my way, Windkin would have never lost his wolf blood. It broke my heart when I first read it. Unhappy

Plus, Rainsong, Woodlock and Wing would have slept until the return of the Palace.

Oh yeah, and Leetah would have been able to heal One-Eye to full living state.

Other things I would like to see:

-Clearbrook's daughter's name

-Stories about Rainsong (I just want to know more about her before she had kids. Was she a hunter? Was she close with Pike? This is one reason why I like the Prose Novels so much.)

-Dart and Newstar's Sun village childhood compare and contrast. Come on, it might not have been the same for both of them considering one child had both parents with them while the other did not.

-More Strongbow and Moonshade. Can't get enough of them!!

I guess over all I just want to see more explaining past characters or events.

Arthis

I would love to see the Rootless Ones crossing the desert and the foundation of Sorrows End. MORE YUREK ART!
(And that would be nice to have a look at Savah's mother :) )

Blackbird

Quote:
Arthis

I would love to see the Rootless Ones crossing the desert and the foundation of Sorrows End. MORE YUREK ART!
(And that would be nice to have a look at Savah's mother :) )

Yes, Yurek was so gorgeous :) Were was the stories about him? Have just seen him on the lovemates calendar

LordDarkhan

[quote:676245f9d5]I would love to see the Rootless Ones crossing the desert and the foundation of Sorrows End. MORE YUREK ART!
(And that would be nice to have a look at Savah's mother [/quote:676245f9d5]

Definately agree with you on this one.. Ive been waiting forever for these stories

Trollbabe

Personally, I wouldn't want to actually interfere with the whole WaRP creative process, because I know what it is like to have someone mess with my ideas. On the other hand, I think this is a good idea for a forum, because it does spark creativity, and it's just make-believe.

There aren't any characters I'd change as far as death or recognition or birth. Being a Troll advocate, I'd like to see more appreciation shown for Oddbit. Oddbit gave birth to a number of Trolls. Yet, in her old age she was apparently regarded as a burden on the community. Geez, how sexist can you get?

Speaking of underappreciated Moms, I'd like to see less judgment cast against Winnowill. Winnowill gave birth to Two-Edge, a one-man Rennaissance. No one ever handed her so much as a bouquet in the maternity ward. Healer or not, any idea how painful it is to deliver a Troll baby with Elfin hips? (Still, it's a pity someone couldn't rid Two-Edge of his Elf blood, as I think it was always holding him back.)

Maybe she was an abusive mother and not much of a wife. Did anyone call Social Services, provide marriage counselling, or even offer to babysit? (Today she could have been paid to appear on Jerry Springer.)

Winnowill has always been regarded as bad, just plain bad. If Winnowill had been born on the original home planet of the High Ones, under the laws of that society, maybe she would have been obligated to live under those laws. However, as far as I can tell, Abode had no central government, no Constitution, no Bill of Rights, no Ten Commandments, no Code of Hammurabai, no Roberts Rules of Order. So how does everybody seem to have the right to condemn her actions and ambitions? Maybe it's that whole deep-seated fear of women being in power. Or the problem people have with artists who experiment with a new medium, in this case living flesh and mental processes.

If I did wish for Recognition on anyone, I wish Winnowill had recognized someone before she was disembodied. She could have had an Elf son or daughter with an entirely different set of values, and equally powerful magic. -Someone who played nicely with others, perhaps.

Arthis

Quote:
Blackbird

Were was the stories about him? Have just seen him on the lovemates calendar

I read once, on a site, the "First Dance" told by Savah . I think it comes from the novelization Journey to Sorrow's End.

Savah explains how she and her family crossed the desert and how the rockshaping powers of Yurek saved them.

krwordgazer

Quote:
Trollbabe

Winnowill has always been regarded as bad, just plain bad. If Winnowill had been born on the original home planet of the High Ones, under the laws of that society, maybe she would have been obligated to live under those laws. However, as far as I can tell, Abode had no central government, no Constitution, no Bill of Rights, no Ten Commandments, no Code of Hammurabai, no Roberts Rules of Order. So how does everybody seem to have the right to condemn her actions and ambitions? Maybe it's that whole deep-seated fear of women being in power. Or the problem people have with artists who experiment with a new medium, in this case living flesh and mental processes.

I don't think anyone's faulting her for fleshshaping, Trollbabe. But if there are any moral absolutes in the universe (and I think there are), killing your son's father in front of him and then torturing that son into insanity must surely be against at least one of them!

Not to mention her intention of wiping out an entire group of people because she considered their blood to be unclean. Hitler, anyone?

ChristinaRaibert0

Thanks you so much for your very kind words, anyone! I truly appreciate your support, it helps me a lot! :)

Quote:
Bonita

How is it going with your site?

Quite well, thanks Bonita :D I've most of the stuff done now, some pages have remained behind, but that's small things.

Quote:
lostshard

But as to your ideas about blue mountian? intriguing...as of a week ago i am writing a story about the gliders and their history, ( and xan21 is doing the art.....have you seen art by him?? it is of such high quality you won't believe it until you see it 8) )before blue mountian as is the founding and shaping of the mountian, and inbetween the stories of winnie, voll and a couple of more gliders and some surprise links to other tribes...can anyone say rootles ones?? (no i haven't read any stories about the rootless ones yet but these in my story are my guezz..

As to haken and sefra??? mm i ll give one litle tease away noww Wink

Sefra and Deir are voll's parents,Yes i think for real, so haken is the possible father of winnie, but i haven't figured her parents out for sure yet....though maybe, just maybe winnie has a brother Wink

Surprised I really hope so! Now that's one story I'm eager to read :D And now that I think about it, Voll shares a strong resemblance with Deir, indeed. Sounds cool! And I've seen some of Xan12's works in the Fan Art forum yesterday, great art!

Quote:
Blackbird

Quote:
ChristinaRaibert

Yeah, that'd be either the greatest hurricane ever in the World of Two Moons, or one villain with a capital v :twisted:... just think his/her meeting with Winnowill :roll:

Quote:
Blackbird

Quote:
ChristinaRaibert

Why not? They're so sweet together! (But on the other hand, I've got a shameless crush on Sunstream since I saw the Calendar, so I confess I am being partial to my elfin alias Wink)
As for Sunstream and Venka, I don't know... sure their child would be quite a powerful magic user, but doesn't it sounds kinda too obvious. I mean, Venka's father was madly in love for Sunstream's mother, and then their child fall in love as well? :? Especially since Two-Edge seems every bit as enthrilled by Venka as his mother Winnowill was by her father, Rayek. And Ember seems quite close to Teir... Kahvi's son... and Kahvi wanted a child with Cutter, Ember's dad! I don't know, it sounds almost cliche... children don't always have their parents same tastes, I know this way too well Wink
But before the Calendar with him and Brill came out, I thought Wendy and Richard would have paired Sunstream up with Newstar at some point... I still remember one panel of book two, when Leetah is parting from her family and in the foreground we get to see Newstar talking with Sunstream (who was still called Suntop then... guys what a confusion with the two names thing!). Always thought they looked very cute there :)
Hey, who knows... perhaps Sunstream will become a flirt like Skywise Grin I can't really see him like that, but maidens from all the five tribes would surely fall over his feet as leaves in autumn

Quote:
Blackbird

Quote:
ChristinaRaibert

Ember and Teir would Recognize and have a daughter.Who would be the center of both Pool's and Sust's attentions, hence shaking things up between the two Wild Hunt boys.

Don't want them to recognize, but a daughter o' Ember and a little fighting over her.... :D Cool.... Wink ( I hope Pool wins )

Grin that'd be fun to read... thought I think Scouter won't take it too well... his precious son mating with the daughter of the chieftain he's argued with so much, oh my!

Quote:
Arfurido

What about Windkin? Will he bring Wavelet and Wavecatcher with him to the wolfriders? Is he the one that introduces the wavcedancers to the wolfriders? The "final quest" has to be HUGE to sum up all the loose ends out there... and that is my main wish, that is what I want to see :)

Me too! :D

lostshard

Im a bit stuck in my story...so almost vacation and a lott more free time....

and cristina i always thought that deir was voll's father too so.. now i 've made the connection in a story of my own :P

Blackbird

Quote:
ChristinaRaibert

Quote:
Blackbird

Quote:
ChristinaRaibert

Yeah, that'd be either the greatest hurricane ever in the World of Two Moons, or one villain with a capital v :twisted:... just think his/her meeting with Winnowill :roll:

Why didn't Wendy think of that :D Must have been the coolest elf in the world, let's say he has some magic to, and Winnowill would look like Snow-white :D

Quote:
ChristinaRaibert

Quote:
Blackbird

Quote:
ChristinaRaibert

Why not? They're so sweet together! (But on the other hand, I've got a shameless crush on Sunstream since I saw the Calendar, so I confess I am being partial to my elfin alias Wink)
As for Sunstream and Venka, I don't know... sure their child would be quite a powerful magic user, but doesn't it sounds kinda too obvious. I mean, Venka's father was madly in love for Sunstream's mother, and then their child fall in love as well? :? Especially since Two-Edge seems every bit as enthrilled by Venka as his mother Winnowill was by her father, Rayek. And Ember seems quite close to Teir... Kahvi's son... and Kahvi wanted a child with Cutter, Ember's dad! I don't know, it sounds almost cliche... children don't always have their parents same tastes, I know this way too well Wink
But before the Calendar with him and Brill came out, I thought Wendy and Richard would have paired Sunstream up with Newstar at some point... I still remember one panel of book two, when Leetah is parting from her family and in the foreground we get to see Newstar talking with Sunstream (who was still called Suntop then... guys what a confusion with the two names thing!). Always thought they looked very cute there :)
Hey, who knows... perhaps Sunstream will become a flirt like Skywise Grin I can't really see him like that, but maidens from all the five tribes would surely fall over his feet as leaves in autumn

Sunstream acting like Skywise? Would be very fun, but he's to...nice... :? No, he would be like Strongbow, just being with the one he recognize...

KingJohnny

I would REALLY not like to see any more stories from the past. Now that the manga books are trying to put everything in chronological order, I think any more stories about Bearclaw or any other cheif from the past is unneccesary. I know some of you want to see stories of some Go-Backs and Sun Villagers, but I honestly don't think those stories would be too exciting. I would much rather see all the loose ends tied up that were never finished from the 2nd EQ anthology series. By creating new stories from the past, you are messing up the concept of putting the whole series in chronological order. Where are you going to shove those stories?

I really hope the manga series is successful enough so everything from The Grand Quest until The Final Quest (whenever that happens) is available. I was never happy with the Reader's Collection. I didn't like the numbering. Some stories are out of order, such as Rogue's Curse, Wild Hunt/Shadowstalker and the New Blood books. If you read the books in numerical order, the overall story can be pretty confusing. Hopefully, the manga series will fix all of this.

Why is it that we fans easily point out printing errors the very same day we buy the books but the editors for some reason miss all of these obvious errors? Just like video games or computer programs have "beta testers", I think comics need some kind of equivilent. Before the books go to print, some of us should be able to read them to triple check (assuming the editors double check) and make sure the book is error free, or maybe we can offer suggestions. I would've loved to been some kind of proofreader for the Reader's Collections and now the manga trades. I'm sure some of you felt the same way when you bought some of the books and noticed the book numbers were wrong, or that there was some story missing.

Heck, I would've loved to been the one to tell Wendy that so-and-so's art just wasn't good enough for us. I was just flipping through some of my EQ comics and saw some story that took place after the Shards story. It was about Leetah, Suntop and Ember. I didn't read it (and haven't in over 5 years or so) so I don't know what it was about, all I know is the art sucked, worse than any artist that you may dislike. All I could think was "what in the world of two moons were they thinking hiring this 5-year old to draw this story".

So basically, I would REALLY like to see NO MORE errors, CONTINUITY and LESS STORIES FROM THE PAST. Sorry for the caps.

LordDarkhan

[quote:695d103f48]Where are you going to shove those stories?
[/quote:695d103f48]

Anywhere.. I dont care about the number order or what not. I am familiar enough with the time line to understand when the story is taking place, or that it is history on one of my favorite tribes(Gliders and sunfolk) that I have been waiting for, for about 10 years... So I can shove those stories anywhere as long as I have them... They would not be boring to me, because i have been waiting for them. But thats what I want.

KingJohnny

I am also familiar with the timeline enough to understand any story and when it takes place, but, since they are doing the manga trades, and since I do prefer to read the stories in order, more or less, then it's fine by me if they never do stories of the past anymore. What kind of Sunfolk story could be interesting? What kind of protagonist and antagonist are you going to have? Rayek protected the village for who knows how long. What did he protect them from? Wild animals. The occasional zwoot stampede. No trolls. No humans. No evil elves.

You want to see a particular elf grow up. Ok, but what else is going to happen? Look at the Wolfrider books. You see many familiar elves growing up, but at least there are other events happening to make the story interesting. There are humans and trolls to fight. There is surviving the winter. There's Madcoil. The only story I would be interested in would be the story of how Savah and her early kin came to Sorrow's End. Unless of course, no threats of any kind came their way and they made it unscathed. Or, I would like to see how each surviving High One made it and what came of them, unless of course nothing happend except the basics of survival: hunting, finding shelter, making sure the tribe was safe. You see these basics in the BoTC and Wolfrider books. Read the BotC novels if you want to get a better insight of past chiefs. As for the comics, let's finish the unfinished first.

LordDarkhan

[quote:bf31bc4672]You see these basics in the BoTC and Wolfrider books. Read the BotC novels if you want to get a better insight of past chiefs[/quote:bf31bc4672]

I am not interested in the history of the wolfriders, that does not interest me,therefore I dont read it. My interest are in the two tribes I mentioned.

No, I do not want to see one elf grow up.

I want to see the history of both tribes, I want to see the Gliders living in the forest before founding blue mountain. I want to see them creating it, I want to see them in their hey day before they stagnated. I just overall want to see life in the moutain.

As for the Sun Villagers. I want to see who the Rootless ones come from, I want to see them living in the forest as well, I want to see them crossing the desert, I want to see them settling Sorrow's End. I want to see Savah and Yureks relationship, I want to see Yurek creating the bridge of destiny. I want to see their struggles to make it in desert enviornment before they caught knack of it.

There are a lot of things I want to see besides seeing "one elf grow up." I understand these things may not be interesting to you, but they are things that would interest me and others, that we would like to see... To each his own.. For one, I could care less about Menders tale, and was not entertained by it, but im not going to question those that do and tell them its boring etc etc etc. We all find different parts of Elfquest interesting, and this is one I myself would like to see and take great interest in.[/quote]

KingJohnny

I would like to see all of that as well, but only if it's good. Just look at some of the BoTC comics. Other artists and writers stepped all over our beloved EQ universe. Some was good, some was horrible. I would much rather not have any more stories from the past since most likely, they would be done by other artists and writers. But, I will say, if a manga book or 2 was done about the Sun Folk and Blue Mt. elves, then I would have no problem with it because it can simply go before the Wolfrider books. It wouldn't interrupt the flow of the current books.

I know you don't mind where a story fits, but I do and I'm sick of my EQ books being out of order on my bookshelf. I wouldn't want a one-shot story. I would want a whole book to come out, so it can fit nice and neatly next to another book on my shelf, not so I can put it in the Misc. stack.

So, I agree with you, but only if it's done right. Only if Wendy, or maybe Sonny Strait drew it, who in my opinion is the closest any of the other artists came to Wendy's work. And only if Wendy and Richard wrote it.

LordDarkhan

[quote:f72ce2f1d1]So, I agree with you, but only if it's done right. Only if Wendy, or maybe Sonny Strait drew it, who in my opinion is the closest any of the other artists came to Wendy's work. And only if Wendy and Richard wrote it.[/quote:f72ce2f1d1]

We definately agree on this... I only want to see it done by Wendy and Richard, no one else. I am personally not a fan of Sonny. If Wendy is not going to draw it, then I do not want to see it. She could write a novelization about it, and I would be fine with that :D

KingJohnny

If you don't like Sonny, do you like any of the other artists?

LordDarkhan

Jozef Szekeres from the Original Wavedancers I liked... and Sonny and Carol Lyn I can deal with as well.. I just really would prefer it was all Wendy. But I could deal with the artist mentioned above.

lostshard

Quote:
KingJohnny

So, I agree with you, but only if it's done right. Only if Wendy, or maybe Sonny Strait drew it, who in my opinion is the closest any of the other artists came to Wendy's work. And only if Wendy and Richard wrote it.

No sonny strait please, use carol lyn she is the one who's art is closest to wendy's and has the same softness to the characters, sonny was just a bit to rough with his art, it missed something...

Blackbird

Quote:
LordDarkhan

Jozef Szekeres from the Original Wavedancers I liked... .

Me to, why couldn't he draw the shards war ++? :D Would really like to see him drawing some of Wendy's elves.

Synesthesia

I think i finally figured out why Elfquest keeps making me cry all the time! It's driving me nuts. It's Wendy's art. No one else makes the character's eyes look so EXPRESSIVE. I even cry when Skywise loses Starjumper because he just looks so sad...
Ack. I hate getting all emotional.

jaRf

I'd like to see (EQ related):

*the film
*new quality EQ stuff (merchandise or continued story comics by Wendy & Rich)
*a large poster with all elves posing nekk... errr... I mean... err... wearing necklaces. :oops:

And I wouldn't have changed that much on the story. I think story is ok the way it is. Not nice to see some elves dying, but that might be a neccessary spice.
But still I find the worldpool stuff interesting, too. What If C & L hadn't recognized or if Cutter was a girl...
Maybe I'd get my favourite Elf a better fate.

Quietshadow

You know, it's funny you should say that jaRF. I was surfing the 'net yesterday and found a fanfic in which Cutter was a girl, named Swift. It was really well done, and some really great pictures for it were done by Solstepa. Here is the link if you're interested: http://www.intotheaetherworld.com/elfquest/swiftverse/fics.html
Solstepa's art is at:www.intotheaetherworld.com/sowilo/ under Worldpool. Good stuff!

jaRf

Yeah, that was my source of inspiration for that "Cutter as a girl" one. She's doing very nice artwork. Her page should be quite a long time on the net, but one doesn't stumble that easily over it.
So you must have seen that cute pic of Cutter fem. & Rayek. Incredibly sweet, isn't it?

Blackbird

Quote:
Quietshadow

You know, it's funny you should say that jaRF. I was surfing the 'net yesterday and found a fanfic in which Cutter was a girl, named Swift. It was really well done, and some really great pictures for it were done by Solstepa. Here is the link if you're interested: http://www.intotheaetherworld.com/elfquest/swiftverse/fics.html
Solstepa's art is at:www.intotheaetherworld.com/sowilo/ under Worldpool. Good stuff!

Really love that alternaverse. Someone read everything?

Livinia

I haven't been able to sit down and read it all, but I did read the Survivor Elfquest stuff. Hilarious!! I also love the elfie awards. :)

But yeah, the artwork for the story is amazing.

woebringer

elfquest vs american idol Grin

clay ackin: "I'll sing those elves to shame!" "LA LA LA!"

Strongbow: fires an arrow into clay's neck

clay: "GGUUHAAKUUHKUUC!..." falls to the ground dead

Every one: "YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! 3 Chears for Strongbow!"

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Arfurido

woebringer, that's the best script I've ever heard for an Idol-show!! :mrgreen: Man, Idol is the crappyest show ever. I hated it.

ReyesLord

Love the Swift alternative-verse, but can't help but feel that Wingthing's got it out for Strongbow. I believe I've read all of her stories and the poor guy can't catch a break. He never gets to be right.

Anyway, as for the whirlpool, I'd like to see a few what ifs like, what if Strongbow had killed Winnowill in her chambers when she held Suntop captive before they found the Palace. Or what if all of the Gliders hadn't fled when Voll was killed? Or even, what if Cutter and Skywise weren't saved by the human village leader (Oobar the Mountain Tall or something like that) when they were hanging over the waterfall?

KingJohnny

Well, Wendy and Richard have said a few times in old interviews that Skywise was supposed to die, so we kinda know what would happen if they weren't saved. When Richard learned that Wendy planned to kill Skywise off, he was like "No way, that's my elf.". He felt the connection with Skywise, who loved the stars, since Richard himself was an amateur astronomer.

Blackbird

Quote:
Reyes Lord

Love the Swift alternative-verse, but can't help but feel that Wingthing's got it out for Strongbow. I believe I've read all of her stories and the poor guy can't catch a break. He never gets to be right

Yes, she is, Him, and Leetah, Scouter and most of all Bearclaw.. :?

LivietheLurker

Things I'd like to see... Hmmm. It's more or less a guilty secret, but I would actually like to see Chot and Shenshen Recognize *runs and hides in a bunker*

Blackbird

Quote:
Livie the Lurker

Things I'd like to see... Hmmm. It's more or less a guilty secret, but I would actually like to see Chot and Shenshen Recognize *runs and hides in a bunker*

Oh, that would be cool, think it's time for her to recognize soon...:p

LivietheLurker

Quote:
Blackbird

Uh-huh. I've always liked Shenshen as a character, but what really made me a fan was her dream in Dreamtime. There is a caption at the beginning of her dream that says: "Well, I'm back in Sorrow's End. And, as usual, Leetah outshines me in every way."

That was the first time I thought what it must have been like for Shenshen to have an older sister who's more classically beautiful than her, the love-interest of the most eligible bachelor and a powerful magic-user. In addition, the Elfquest novelisations proclaim her to be the best female dancer in Sorrow's End. It made Shenshen so realistic to be a bit envious of her older sister, even as she loved her.

Blackbird

Quote:
Livie the Lurker

Quote:
Blackbird

Uh-huh. I've always liked Shenshen as a character, but what really made me a fan was her dream in Dreamtime. There is a caption at the beginning of her dream that says: "Well, I'm back in Sorrow's End. And, as usual, Leetah outshines me in every way."

That was the first time I thought what it must have been like for Shenshen to have an older sister who's more classically beautiful than her, the love-interest of the most eligible bachelor and a powerful magic-user. In addition, the Elfquest novelisations proclaim her to be the best female dancer in Sorrow's End. It made Shenshen so realistic to be a bit envious of her older sister, even as she loved her.

Yes, she's always been kind-a in the shadow of Leetah (NOT Leetah's fault), but anyway, I hope she recognize soon, She is like...over a 1000 years? She need a baby! and a lifemate Wink Always tought she and Pike would be great together, ans he hasn't recognized yet?

When I think of it, that would be another think I'd love to see ; Ember & Cutter's tribe reunite!

Zebula77

A thousand years of loneliness! I don't think I could stand that, heh. Wink

Yeah, it's high time she got recognized.

LivietheLurker

Quote:
Zebula77

A thousand years of loneliness! I don't think I could stand that, heh. Wink

Yeah, it's high time she got recognized.

Shenshen lonely?! Nah, from what I can tell from the comics Shenshen has never been a lonely kind of person, not when it comes to having friends, and certainly not when it comes to having lovemates! In fact, when it comes to lovemates she's decadent in the loveliest way.

Zebula77

edit: erm, double post. :oops:

Zebula77

I know, but decadence isn't love, heh. Gah, well, elves are not humans anyway. But 1000 years? Sheesh!

LivietheLurker

Double post, Zeb! Shenshen always struck me as the kind of person who always has many friends, and shares freely with them. I don't mean just sexually. However, I'd love for her to be a mother. What kind of kid could we expect?!

Zebula77

Don't know how that double post happened. (feel like such a noob!)

A fun kid, I'm sure. Depends on who the father is, of course. But yeah, I'd like to see that outcome as well.

LivietheLurker

Like I said earlier, I think a Recognition between Shenshen and Chot would be fun. They're so opposite in many ways, and similar in others.

Zebula77

I can just see him/her now with a huge Go-Back mohawk and Shenshen pig-tail bunches of hair on either side.
Hmm, that would be kinda ridiculous, but then, Dart has a pretty ridiculous hairdo, hehe.

LivietheLurker

Grin Grin Grin ...and the face and body a sort of hodge-podge of Chot's angles and Shenshens curves.

Zebula77

Let's hope the cub would inherit Shenshen's facial features then. :twisted:

LivietheLurker

I dunno... A girl with Chot's high cheekbones and triangular face-type, and his curved nose + Shenshen's large eyes and beestung lips, her curls to soften the angles... Might not be classically beautiful, but I think it would work.

LordDarkhan

personally i would want it to look like shenshen. In my opinion there is noting attractive about chot but his high cheekbones

woebringer

how about the real list of the ingreadints of SPAM :twisted:

elf anis, wolf anis, pork, fat... Grin Grin :twisted:

scarlettdoll

Oh my! How frightfully common!
*high steps away from Woe*

So if ShenShen recognized Chot, would her bubbly-goodness affect him positively or would his sulleness kinda drag her down?

krwordgazer

Shenshen would want to do things like Tyldak and Dewshine did. Get it over with and get away from him! Which would probably hurt Chot's feelings. What a terrible match! :roll:

lunakat

Although- I wouldn't be suprised if they gave her a cub soon.

Remember Dreamtime: "shine where you love?"

LivietheLurker

Quote:
krwordgazer

Shenshen would want to do things like Tyldak and Dewshine did. Get it over with and get away from him! Which would probably hurt Chot's feelings. What a terrible match! :roll:

Possibly... But I still think they have things in common. Both of them will protect their friends with hardly any thought for their personal safety, for instance. As Kahvi said: "Differences make good sparks!". Did anyone think that she and Tyldak would make a good couple before they went off together?

LordDarkhan

[quote:95e15e6245]Both of them will protect their friends with hardly any thought for their personal safety, for instance.[/quote:95e15e6245]

I am thinking they have this in common wiht the majority of the elves :D

LivietheLurker

Uummm... Good point. Out of pure stubbornness and without any arguments to back it up, I still say they'd work it out. So there! Grin

Arfurido

ShenShen is to recognize MENDER! Just you wait and see!! :D

jaRf

Poor Mender?
or poor Shenshen? :P

Arfurido

...exactly :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Blackbird

Quote:
Arfurido

ShenShen is to recognize MENDER! Just you wait and see!! :D

Aaarrrgh!!! What a horrible thought!!!!! Surprised

LordDarkhan

[quote:ea4478975e]Aaarrrgh!!! What a horrible thought!!!!!
[/quote:ea4478975e]

I agree with this, but i really have no clue why i dont want them to recognize...lol :D

Arfurido

I can't believe you're not with me on this one... they've met for like five minutes as adults even they both are sun villagers/ wolfriders, and aren't they cute together??! :mrgreen:

...and think of the HAIR on that kid!!! *laughs*

Blackbird

Quote:
LordDarkhan

[quote:4ab6ff7490]Aaarrrgh!!! What a horrible thought!!!!!

I agree with this, but i really have no clue why i dont want them to recognize...lol :D[/quote:4ab6ff7490]

Because Mender is a hunk, and shenshen...well....she is almost like a human in my eyes know, not the kind o' girl I would like for pretty-pretty mender

Arfurido

Quote:
Blackbird

Because Mender is a hunk, and shenshen...well....she is almost like a human in my eyes know, not the kind o' girl I would like for pretty-pretty mender

But he ISN'T the jalous hunk any more!! Have you read Shadowstalker? He's like the new hero :mrgreen:

Arfurido

(Actually I would rather have him recognize Aroree. They looked so good together during Shards.)

LordDarkhan

[quote:f5cfb25d01]Because Mender is a hunk, and shenshen...well....she is almost like a human in my eyes know, not the kind o' girl I would like for pretty-pretty mender[/quote:f5cfb25d01]

Actually its more opposite for me. I never saw the big deal with mender. Hes just normal and shes pretty pretty to me.... :D

Zebula77

Hey, careful how you talk about Mender in front of Arfurido! Word from the wise. Wink

LivietheLurker

And LordDarkhan, I agree with you. I always felt that Shenshen has tended to be undervalued by Elfquest fans. My impression is that she's always referred to as an airhead.

scarlettdoll

i'm with you Arfurido. I do like the idea of Mender and ShenShen.

But can't say the same for mender and aroree. I don't know. I never really liked aroree that much. Too sad and pale. bland.

KingJohnny

I agree with Mender and Shenshen. Let Ken and Barbie have each other! Kens and Barbies have always only wanted each other anyway.

Jeppe

Quote:
KingJohnny

I agree with Mender and Shenshen. Let Ken and Barbie have each other! Kens and Barbies have always only wanted each other anyway.

Grin loves this i do, kingjohnny

ElveShayde

Who's Raenafal? (spelling?)

I like the idea of Two-Edge and Venka recognizing. That would be cool, and odd.

Sunstream and Winnowill? Ugh...that's disturbing, maybe after she's healed, then I might be able to see it. :)

I would have liked to see Shuna find a way to live as long as the elves. I still want to find out how she learned how to send.

I'd also like to see them finish some stories that they've already started, like the anthologies. Please view my poll for further details.

Thanks!

Elveshayde

NEXT PAGE