ELFQUEST
FORUM ARCHIVE     ABOUT EQ     READ ONLINE     SHOP    
ABOUT     READ     SHOP    

Unsubscribing threads

Embala

Can someone tell me how to unsubscribe threads / whole topics / the Forum (once more :/)?

And then subscribe to specific threads?

Since the upgrade last night I get more and more unwanted notifications - most probably because I've posted at them. I just realized that the "subscribe hook" is set automatically in the answer boxes. Thought I got ride of them before.

But now I don't find the general tool for unsubscribe anymore ... and it's rather annoying to think of deleting this subscription in each post.

Vojira

You too? I was getting notifications on the 'How do you feel' and the 'wondering...'-threads, but I just thought I might have accidentally pushed the subscribe button this morning.
What did the update do anyway?

Embala

No idea ... My cat woke me up at night ... while she was "out" I activited the screen ... "refreshed" ... and all I got was a big notice that an Upgrade was in process.

I bet this upgrade had some side effects.

Vojira

Well,I got my unwanted notifications turned off my the going into the 'quick links' sections in the forum's main page.

Embala

Arrgh !!! It not even helps when you delete the subscribe hook Headbang2

Embala

Quote:

Well,I got my unwanted notifications turned off my the going into the 'quick links' sections in the forum's main page.

And how?

All it does for me is showing the increasing number of subscribed threads.

Vojira

It doesn't? Odd...O__o (tries something)

Vojira

Quote:

And how?
All it does for me is showing the increasing number of subscribed thereads.

(Checks)
Okaaaaay, it was working for me a couple of seconds ago...
(EDIT: My mistake it's fully functional)

Embala

Hasn't worked (not that I realized it doing something) and hour ago as well :/

Vojira

Hmmm...It seems to be working for me now...

Embala

How?

Can you set hooks and push a buttom "desubscribe" or something like this?

Vojira

yes? Go to the main page in the forum and find the 'quick links' section that's right under the words 'Scroll of Colors', press the entry called 'subscribed threads'. It leads you to page where you see a list over what threads you are subscribed to.
Click one of the 'check boxes' and the options box shows up in the right corner. You also have to keep removing the 'check' in the box beneath the *this*box.
(at least this works for me)

Embala

Quote:

yes? Go to the main page in the forum and find the 'quick links' section that's right under the words 'Scroll of Colors', press the entry called 'subscribed threads'. It leads you to page where you see a list over what threads you are subscribed to.
Check!

Quote:
Click one of the 'check boxes' and the options box shows up in the right corner. You also have to keep removing the 'check' in the box beneath the *this*box.

(at least this works for me)
No check ... because I cannot find 'check boxes' Headbang2

Vojira

O__o??? okaaay...weird.
This is how it should look.

Embala

It does ... but I can't do nothing with it. Clicking there does either nothing ... or set a hook and color the background pink.

But ... NO option box or something at all shows up - neither in the right corner nor somewhere else.

OKAY - another function that does not work with Internet Explorer! Scream

... going to check Mozilla ... --- NO difference Nuh_uh

Vojira

ok that's seriously weird...
Then again, I'm using Google Chrome.

Embala

Hmm ... maybe it will work after a restart? These comps are weird!

Vojira

XD worth a try.

WhiteGhost

I had to visit the subscried threads in question then up to the top where it says "thread tools" and there should be a little tab that says "Unsunscribe" [if youre not subscribed it says "subscribe]

Its the only ay of getting rid of them permaently ive found. Smile

Vojira

Quote:

I had to visit the subscried threads in question then up to the top where it says "thread tools" and there should be a little tab that says "Unsunscribe" [if youre not subscribed it says "subscribe]

Its the only ay of getting rid of them permaently ive found. Smile

Works too.

Embala

Actually "found" the option box today ... seems the end of the page wasn't loading completely yesterday. Guess I'll have it to do the "long way" with the thread tools, tho Unhappy

Thanks everyone!

Embala

Privacy settings ... Quick links ... Thread tools ...

... it functions - more or less. I'm still looking for a possibility to unsubscribe threads permanently, tho - without being forced to delete this "subcribe hook" in every single post. When I forget it ... the notifications are back ... arrg!

IS there a possibility?

Stormcatcher

Check the privacy settings on your profile, this is part of mine:

Notifications

Forum Subscriptions: Yes / No

I never get any notifications... Smile

Embala

Thanks for bothering, Stormcatcher. Okay, let's make a test ... once again *sigh*

This thread doesn't show on the "suscribed list" when I check Quick Links ... the thread tools say it is unsubscribed ... and my setting say "Forum Subscriptions: Yes / No" (it was like this all the time :/)

I'm answering this with Quick Reply and DO NOT delete the "suscribe" hook beneath ... I bet I will get a notification as soon as someone answers this.

*would so love to loose this bet*

All has functioned for me before this Upgrade a few days ago!