ELFQUEST
FORUM ARCHIVE     ABOUT EQ     READ ONLINE     SHOP    
ABOUT     READ     SHOP    

Cancel your accout will make your threads disappear?

Embala

Not a bug as such - just something that makes me worry.

When I have observed right all post will disappear when members cancel their account. And when they started a thread - the whole thread is gone. This would mean that i.e. part of the grab-bags could disappear - with all the stories and artwork of various members. Or other threads that were done as collaborations - don't think it is intended this way.

Have I misinterpret? And if not - is there a possibility to preserve the threads?

Trollbabe

I think that's what happens. However, at least one member has gotten around this by creating a new account and not canceling the previous account.

Embala

I blame the "social part" of this site. I even accept that some wish to delete their tracks.

I'm afraid only a minority is aware of this side effect - I can hardly imagine that someone would WISH to delete a grab-bag - but it would happen easily with just a few mouse clicks. :/

MultiMEDEA

Some members' accounts just 'disappeared'--without the member cancelling/deleting--when the site changed to the new format. That's why you can sometimes see people replying to posts that aren't there in old threads. Pre-Feb. 2009 posts can still be accessed on the old format site.

Embala

I wasn't aware that some old members were accidetally deleted. Unhappy

I remember at least one completely new member who suddenly disappeared - including all posts. I figure that "cancel the account" has this effect. With all the disadvantages when it comes to collaborate threads like the grab-bags or your Who's Who. I do not like this thought at all!

MultiMEDEA

Quote:

I wasn't aware that some old members were accidetally deleted. Unhappy

I remember at least one completely new member who suddenly disappeared - including all posts. I figure that "cancel the account" has this effect. With all the disadvantages when it comesw to collaborate threads like the grab-bags or your Who's Who. I do not like this thought at all!

The thought I don't like is that anyone who's capable of Admin duties here doesn't seem to be taking those duties all that seriously.

Trollbabe

Hey, man, like, I'd hate to have my cool threads disappear. That would not be groovy. 'Specially my psychedelic painted Levis jacket.

Nowth

Is it *confirmed* that cancelling your account will remove your posts?

Embala

That's what I'd like to find out!

MultiMEDEA

I suppose one could always create a secondary account, make a few threads/posts, let it sit for a bit, then cancel. You'd have your confirmation right there.

Embala

Learning by try and error ... old school Wink

Nowth

Too much like work! Maybe later... Good_bad

Startear

I'll try.

Arthis

Quote:

The thought I don't like is that anyone who's capable of Admin duties here doesn't seem to be taking those duties all that seriously.

Do you have any specific complain(s) to address?

Embala

Okay - it's fact. Deleting your accout will delete ALL the threads you have opened. Unhappy

Really bad thing for the kind the FORUM works ... any member who decides to leave (or accidentally falls off the board) will take away not only his own contributions but collaborate threads and the contributions of others as well.

Tymber is gone - and part of the grab-bags with him. *sigh* ... *double sigh*

MultiMEDEA

Here's hoping this link helps a bit:

http://www.elfquest.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=381155#381155

Embala

Is the link still working for you; Medea?

Looks like the Old Scroll has disappeared ... or has just the address changed of some sort?

Help ... anyone?!

Startear

Damn, I tried one of the other links to the old site, they aren't working either.

Because of the codes, I usually read there, then dig it up here and comment, if it is an old one. Same with old artwork, like joselle's thread. One sees it better, without the mashups!

Embala

D.A.M.N. Unhappy

Arfurido

Quote:

Do you have any specific complain(s) to address?

Well she does have a point Tongue

WhiteGhost

I think the old forum is gone- you used to be able to sneak into parts of it from Shaman's Elf!West site but those links are down now too. Unhappy

MultiMEDEA

Quote:

Is the link still working for you; Medea?

Looks like the Old Scroll has disappeared ... or has just the address changed of some sort?

Help ... anyone?!

All of my old links now just bring me back to the new site. (sigh) As far as I'm concerned, that's just another reason not to visit this site anymore. If all the old information still exists, as well as those missing member profiles, there's no logical reason why that info's not displayed on the new site (WITHOUT all the crappy coding issues).