ELFQUEST
FORUM ARCHIVE     ABOUT EQ     READ ONLINE     SHOP    
ABOUT     READ     SHOP    

Question...?

lunakat

How do you add a signature to your messages?

lunakat

By which I mean forum posts...

Embala

Click Settings (upper right corner) - this opens your Account Settings - scroll down ...

... there you find the Forum Signature input box.

G0lden

Dose anyone one have any clue as how to move a thread listed in anothers groups discussion section that belongs in anothers groups discussion section. I found the threads for the Tree and Lobster Cantina, in the discussion section of an entirely different group. In fact that group and thread for another group in it as well.

If you has any suggestions let me know.

Embala

It's a problem of all groups. I've pm'ed Richard about this issue for the EDA group. At this time I wasn't aware that it is a general problem, though.

How about pestering Wink him more? ... yeah, I know it will take time for him to take care of this bug.

In general - to "move threads" on the Old Scroll you needed Admin or Preserver competencies. The former Preservers had left some competencies after the first site change - moving threads was not among it (I know positive). Leaves the site Admin - what leads us directly to Richard again.

Only other possibility I see is to quote every single post and repost it in the right group (page) again.

EDA Group has the additional problem of several hundred misplaced pictures (photos) :/

Embala

That's what I've sent to Richard today:

I've taken a closer look on the "Group Upgrade bug" and noticed that it is a general problem for all groups.

The threads (discussions) are misplaced in other groups (pages) and often mixed with others. Same for the photos.
For example:
Most of the discussions in the "Skyfire" group belong to the (empty) "Elfquest Dollers", but I found threads of at least three or four other groups there, too.
The majority of pictures in "Skyfire" were uploaded by the "Elfquest Dollers", but I could identify two other group contents by just skimming the gallery.

It's a real problem for those members who decided to gather thoughts and informations (for example about a tribe / possible role playing) in a group to keep it together. Even worse for groups who worked as a collaboration, like the Elfquest Dollers or others who used the group environment to gather threads and posts of different members who work together on a commen goal.

Anything you want to add? Other discoveries and problems?

RichardPini

Embala said

That's what I've sent to Richard today:

I've taken a closer look on the "Group Upgrade bug" and noticed that it is a general problem for all groups.

The threads (discussions) are misplaced in other groups (pages) and often mixed with others. Same for the photos.
For example:
Most of the discussions in the "Skyfire" group belong to the (empty) "Elfquest Dollers", but I found threads of at least three or four other groups there, too.
The majority of pictures in "Skyfire" were uploaded by the "Elfquest Dollers", but I could identify two other group contents by just skimming the gallery.

It's a real problem for those members who decided to gather thoughts and informations (for example about a tribe / possible role playing) in a group to keep it together. Even worse for groups who worked as a collaboration, like the Elfquest Dollers or others who used the group environment to gather threads and posts of different members who work together on a commen goal.

Anything you want to add? Other discoveries and problems?

Right now, with all else I need to do, it would be helpful if people could send me a detailed list of threads (with all nested links - meaning, what's the overall topic first, then the sub topic, then the thread) that are in the wrong places, and then the correct places they should be. I would like first to see if there's something broken in the database that lists the correct homes for these misplaced threads. If I can't find that, and can't get satisfaction from tech support, I can at least then try to move the threads manually.

Embala

Right now, with all else I need to do, it would be helpful if people could send me a detailed list of threads (with all nested links - meaning, what's the overall topic first, then the sub topic, then the thread) that are in the wrong places, and then the correct places they should be.
I'm ready to do this for the ElfQuest dollers group - hoping to do it right. It's a big group with many threads, so it will be a massive pm and take quite some time. Is it okay to gather the listing in a thread/post first? It would allow to work in steps and I will not risk to loose the whole post by accident.

And I have to figure out something before ... it sounds like the group admins actually can see their threads. Not sure about this so far ...

I will try to reach as many group admins as I can identify and are still around. Provided that they are still around ...

I would like first to see if there's something broken in the database that lists the correct homes for these misplaced threads. If I can't find that, and can't get satisfaction from tech support, I can at least then try to move the threads manually.
The groups have hosted pictures in a "group gallery" as well - and some members used these to post pictures in the threads. I'm concerned that a manual move of the threads (and pictures?) would leave broken links. Especially in the Dollers Group it would ruin part of the threads. and our admin is not available ... *sigh* doesn't make it easier.

I'll try to get the Dollers Group finished over the weekend and hope to have some additional information until then.

Embala

Watershaper has opend another thread about "New design and structure". There are more bugs, suggestions and irritations gathered.

Embala

Does anyone has an idea where the "Comments on your Profile" ended up?

Embala

And ist there a support function to post pictures in threads?

It is functioning with the img-code from photobucket.

When I want to post a picture from my gallery here I have copy the graphic adress, type in the img coding manually and copy the graphic adress between.

Yes, I have tested the "Insert a photo" icon - makes me upload photos directly from my comp. Fine Smile
The results were scaled down, even SMALLER pictures as allowed before, making everything blurry. Unhappy
Well - I could live with this when I have to *sigh* but after testing three or five times I only get the following notice: You have reached your upload limit. Headbang2

Back to photobucket.

Embala

Is there or will there be a possibility to edit or delete comments "on the wall"?
When I drop a note there and accidentally hit the wrong person, or write something wrong or simply mess up spelling - there seems to be no possibility to fix it.

EDIT:
Thanks for this instructuion manual Wink, Stormcatcher:
To delete wall comments: go to the end of the first line, an 'x' will appear.

When you are with the cursor on the 'x' a speech bubble will show "Delete this feed"
klick and delete

Embala

Does anyone have an idea why many of the avatar pictures turn out blurry even when
- the original is fine and shows clear in the Profile Picture Album?
- the avatar picture is so small that there is no meed for the system to scale it down?

Most probably I'm doing something wrong - cannot figure out what! Headbang

[Deleted User]

Embala said

Does anyone have an idea why many of the avatar pictures turn out blurry even when
- the original is fine and shows clear in the Profile Picture Album?
- the avatar picture is so small that there is no meed for the system to scale it down?

Most probably I'm doing something wrong - cannot figure out what! Headbang

It's from the compression when it resaves the "cropped image" It's actually worse with smaller images than larger ones.

Embala

Ugh ... WHY crop an image that is already SMALLER than the maximum space for the avatar?

(is computer-technical challenged ... just in case somebody has not noticed til now XD)

[Deleted User]

Embala said

Ugh ... WHY crop an image that is already SMALLER than the maximum space for the avatar?

(is computer-technical challenged ... just in case somebody has not noticed til now XD)

It's reverse cropping, blowing it up. It'll fuzz large, grainydeath small. At least that's what I've seen of it.