ELFQUEST
FORUM ARCHIVE     ABOUT EQ     READ ONLINE     SHOP    
ABOUT     READ     SHOP    

TwoMoons MUH/Elfquest :The MUsh!

StarShine

If anyone remembers Two Moons MUSH from way back, a friend and I are considering starting a new Elfquest mUSH- if anyone has expertise in the MU*ing community we'd love your help!

Premise: What if Winnowill had succedded?

Continuity Break:
Seige of Blue Mountain #8 (page 2).

What if Winowill had successed in getting the BlueMountain-egg into space (after perhaps flying around and collecting more magical-folk (Savah,Timmain,Strongbow, Windkin,Ahdri ect) and they pilot the fly egg 'elsewhere only to crash land on anothe world. This crash landing on this unknown world with one thought: SURVIVE.

-For referenc, Winowill choose magicaly strong people or those with potential, but Suntop and Leetah got killed at Blue Mountain.

This second 'palace' may have absorbed the orginial palace.

So the premise is : Survive (we'll have our own varients of the Tribes, since now all the elves are out in the open now and the gliders can hide away they must survive.

Most of the tribes (or people from tribes) that have been brought along were ripped from their homes and cooped up in this Bluemountain-egg. How do the elves deal with it? Are their recognitions births... deaths? (plenty of room for Originals characters either born in route or taken along a children.)

Looking more specifically for:

1) A Coder: PennMUSH,TinyMUSH, or Tiny MUX will be be the code-base.

-A Coder who can code us a Chargen, and build us a few custom commands for the game (Nothing too complicated)
-A Set of commands dealing with Bond-Animals/Puppet (potentially)-If anyone is familar with Pern's DTU(Dragon Talk Unit) it would be similar to that).
-Room Zoner/Parent to allow us to 'quick build' rooms after the initial phase, and give it a basic description(until it was flesh out more).
--RoomsII:The Ability to make temporary 'floating rooms' (linked off the room it was created in, with exits ect to allow for temp sceneing-or for plot purposes- but maybecome permenant).

Any thing else that may come up but I think those are basics and I wouldn't ask for too much more.

Builder: We need someone who can Build/Desc Rooms (though they be purely descing rooms vs. Building them if we get a quick room/build & link parent going.

Want to Contact me? Email:spiritsongtress@gmail.com

Anyone interested give me a PM or email: spiritsongtress@gmail.com

Angelalex242

I know my way around the MU community.

Sent you an email.

StarShine

Thanks for being interested, and thanks for the email.

Hopefully more people we jump on board.

StarShine

Top post has been updated.

Yanclae

What about Two-Edge?

It is important to ask what items of Blue Mountain would remain on the world of two moons, and what things, like the architecture of the descending layers of water, what will remain?

StarShine

Yanclae said

What about Two-Edge?

It is important to ask what items of Blue Mountain would remain on the world of two moons, and what things, like the architecture of the descending layers of water, what will remain?

Wow I never considered that, but it didn't really matter- considering Blue Mountained was self contained. I'd assume it collapsed or the mountain it was apart of did anyway.

Though Two-Edge probably wouldn't be apart of it- because he wasn't in Blue mountai nat the time that we know of.

Frostmoon

Do you have a server for your game already? I was thinking of hosting an EQ game on the server I run. I'm not up to coding a CharGen for you like Two Moons MUSH had but I'm familiar with the old DTU's from Pern and have made a few improvements.

Let me know if you're interested.

StarShine

Do you have a server for your game already? I was thinking of hosting an EQ game on the server I run. I'm not up to coding a CharGen for you like Two Moons MUSH had but I'm familiar with the old DTU's from Pern and have made a few improvements.

Let me know if you're interested.

well I am interested. I don't have a server and we could find someone interested in building us a simple charge. I kinda wanna us mg Veritas idea.. as a starting point...

let me know what you think.

Frostmoon

I don't want anything too radical. I mostly want a MUSH space where people can live out their EQ dreams in classical/early EQ style,, enjoying the same kinds of adventures Cutter and crew had, since so many people love those stories. I also want to keep everyone on the planet Two Moons. Going to another planet entirely just seems weird.

If you decide to take me up on my offer, we can discuss your CharGen wishes and see if I'm up to coding that for you. I wouldn't ask to control your game or run very much, though I'd ask to be on the wiz council to at least have some say in the MU* direction. I'd also ask that we get player feedback before making any changes once the MU* gets seriously going. Players should feel they matter and are not just puppets for our amusement.

I'd have a request or two more we can discuss privately if you take my offer. My promise to you is unless you act in a really unethical way, try to take over or damage my server, or otherwise cause me or the players grief, you will be able to run this MUSH for as long as you like and choose whomever you like to be on the wiz council besides me. I will also offer my rather unique coding services at my discretion, free of any strings except that you trust my sense in coding and allow me to make things for you and the player base so long as they fit within the theme and purpose of the MUSH. The codebase I want to work in is whatever the latest iteration of TinyMUSH is, and I'm going to make it partially graphical, using the Pueblo client. It will still work perfectly well on any other MUD client. No one will be required to use Pueblo. It'll just be more entertaining if they do.

Let me know if you're interested and I'll grab the codebase, unpack and run it, and get the basics going so you can begin working on things.

If you're uninterested after all of this, I won't be offended. But I offer to anyone else out there, that if StarShine doesn't take my offer, anyone else can step forward and take it. In short; I'll build your MU* for you. I just need wizards to run it, give me a couple of personal concessions as compensation for my work, and keep the game something everyone can enjoy that fits with classical ElfQuest.

StarShine

I don't want anything too radical. I mostly want a MUSH space where people can live out their EQ dreams in classical/early EQ style,, enjoying the same kinds of adventures Cutter and crew had, since so many people love those stories. I also want to keep everyone on the planet Two Moons. Going to another planet entirely just seems weird.

If you decide to take me up on my offer, we can discuss your CharGen wishes and see if I'm up to coding that for you. I wouldn't ask to control your game or run very much, though I'd ask to be on the wiz council to at least have some say in the MU* direction. I'd also ask that we get player feedback before making any changes once the MU* gets seriously going. Players should feel they matter and are not just puppets for our amusement.

I'd have a request or two more we can discuss privately if you take my offer. My promise to you is unless you act in a really unethical way, try to take over or damage my server, or otherwise cause me or the players grief, you will be able to run this MUSH for as long as you like and choose whomever you like to be on the wiz council besides me. I will also offer my rather unique coding services at my discretion, free of any strings except that you trust my sense in coding and allow me to make things for you and the player base so long as they fit within the theme and purpose of the MUSH. The codebase I want to work in is whatever the latest iteration of TinyMUSH is, and I'm going to make it partially graphical, using the Pueblo client. It will still work perfectly well on any other MUD client. No one will be required to use Pueblo. It'll just be more entertaining if they do.

Let me know if you're interested and I'll grab the codebase, unpack and run it, and get the basics going so you can begin working on things.

If you're uninterested after all of this, I won't be offended. But I offer to anyone else out there, that if StarShine doesn't take my offer, anyone else can step forward and take it. In short; I'll build your MU* for you. I just need wizards to run it, give me a couple of personal concessions as compensation for my work, and keep the game something everyone can enjoy that fits with classical ElfQuest.

Not bad at all. I like the idea of going back to classical Eq. it was kind of a want with Veritas that very much elf vs. environment... and I am also ears.Veritas was for its few moments a neat idea.. but it then just sort of fell over. so I have no rpblem with 'classical eq.. I'd like to try this out and see how we can get this to work.

Frostmoon

Sorry for not getting back to you. I'm staff at a local anime convention and it's coming up at the end of May, so I've been busy doing my duties for that. I've not forgotten you. You will get your MUSH. I promise. Smile Just give me a bit more time.

rutland

Is this still happening? I'd love for a new version of Two Moons to come online. :D

StarShine

clyde said

Is this still happening? I'd love for a new version of Two Moons to come online. :D

I might be more interested in doing it, as Play By Post game (forum, not email). Its a bit easier, and less complex on the 'time' and focus and 'specialization' department.

Shiaria

I'm not sure what all those abbreviations of MU and other things stand for, so could you enlighten me on that? :D The parts I think I understand sound interesting. ^^

Duskshadow

I played on TwoMoons back in the day. I'm still in touch with some of the other members of WillowHolt. Good times.

StarShine

At this point I missed Two Moons a lot but have neither the expertise to Host/BUILD a MU or to populate it with stuff for people.

But what are other peoples opinoins on this? I'd love to do something like OakLeaf Holt-- but I also feel like focusing on something EQ -like, but not set in Abode is a good option.

I have another idea though it'd be more like Oakleaf- a Play By post game. ( Far more open ect- but not taking place on Two Moons.

It's called 'Veritas', I think I still have a post about it in the other section, but in short:

Here is the Thread: http://elfquest.com/forums/discussion/7781/veritas-a-self-elf-post-apoc-holt

Elves came to earth and their 3 way split ( stay and 'study' the human population, Wait for those who are studdying to return' and 'leave' to establish a new home), caused some fiction.

Centures pass and the year is now 2013/2014. On New Years Eve, descendands of the Elves who 'studied' humans - and believe themselves to be' human'. Find they hear this Message. "Come to where Peace & Safety and Eternal Life are."
The palace ships which had taken the form of mountain re-emerge making the media flock to them, along with people who hear the call. Camps are set up, and information is spread via sending (keeping the non-elf descendants out of the loop).

People go, or people Stay. Families are split up, but eventually those who go are whisked away.

To Vertias - a home where the Elves who left had started living.

Several Cultures Exist:
(based off Elfquest Tribes- these are 'really broad mostly so I can keep this short)

Animal Elves (Broad Wolfrider esque anaologies): Some have animal blood, some are Tier who are simply Animal Bonders.

The Folk (Sun Folk & Blue Mountain types, Go Back, The WaveDancers: These people adapt to their environment. Of course there are dozens of different tribes and flavors).

The Arrrivals : These are the people of Earth having to deal with their new heritage, their burgeoning powers ect. - They start off in the 'New Hope Villiage' ( Its a town that helps them to adjust without all the technology ect. ( a way to 'detoxify' as it were).

Essentially the New Arrivals spend time in the villiage getting touch with their 'Elf-self',and eventually enter wrapstuff.... and are Reborn. ( Its a complicated process by which the choose like One-Eye to leave their body behind, and become spirits, but they can.. 'influence' the potential recognition of 'parents' and so gain a proper 'elf-body', with all that entails.

Essentially its way of having people truely be Reborn. (Imitating how the first elves after experiencing death were shocked because normally 'they could build themselves new bodies' (I ran with the idea.)

Shadewind

This is an old old thread, but I have an empty Mush and a nostalgia for the old days of TwoMoons. It'd take some work to get it coded properly, but I could probably have time for that too. Anyways. <3

StarShine

If I had any experience coding and the like it'd be intruiging to do, this particular idea, mostly because it was really a way to spread out and try something new.

Tynami

I was one of the old coders for TwoMoonsMUSH, so was my brother who played Mudd. It's been so long though I doubt I'd remember how to do it anymore.

Moonscryer

Is there still a call for a text-based real time role-play game such as a MUSH/MUX? (multi-user shared home or multi-user-experience, slightly different code bases) or do people prefer RP by email, post, and forum because that's what they're more familiar with?

Moonscryer

I ask because TwoMoonsMUSH is still "up" but there is no Guest connect option, and it looks as if maybe they wiped the login splash screen. There are still people connected (lupine.org:4201) but they are many days logged in while several hours idle.

No clue what's going on.