ELFQUEST
FORUM ARCHIVE     ABOUT EQ     READ ONLINE     SHOP    
ABOUT     READ     SHOP    

Katra's Tribe.

VictoriaAldrich

(I am guessing this is where I meet those who roleplay lol. Yes. I am a cub to this, however not to roleplay or story writing. My name is Victoria, but the elf next to me is Katra of Nine Lives. 12 years ago I was re-brought into the world of TWO MOONS again and a friend and II were to do a spin off of Elfquest. She is no longer in the picture. So it is up to me to hold torch proudly. So here it goes. Hit or miss right? I am doing a comic spin off of ElfQuest and I am looking for the role players who know what are doing. I am looking for the unique and special characters people bring in and would not mind getting their paws in on the opportunity to get into a story and hopefully full comic form. Katra's Pride follows a group of high ones who left and instead of finding the wolves, they found a group of large ancient cave lions. I know "cats" may have been used before by others, but I am going full out comic. I can do group or solo roleplays, I like to get to know the characters a bit to see where they will fit in the story. I have a blogspot with the start and pictures of some of my characters.

When I see how many are truly interested in this I shall post more about the world and such, if no takers then I wont bake a carrot cake for those who are into carrot cakes. lol

The roleplay follows Katra's tribe as they are forced out of the desert lands and into the forest where we cross paths with the wolfriders but do not focus on them. Everything is still in rough draft format and will be improved later as well. All relationships types are open, I am a little weary about letting people play originals unless they can play them true to characters. I have several tribes in which are open for those who want to join in on some of the fun...

So far the "mounts" I have or animal bonds are Cave Lions, Large swamp lizards, and a huge prehistoric bird species I can not pronounce. lol. Please be kind with your posts, concerns, rants and questions. I am new to the forums and wont bite if you do not bite me. Those who are interested must post a detailed character sheet/ description (I love to draw characters and scenes) and post a 2-3 paragraph of your rpg sample. I WANT to add your characters in the comic and stories and show them to Elf mom and dad... To have others in the comics besides me, myself and I.. I just do not want to put up with those who want to ruin the fun of it for everybody else... To be fair I will post the same.

Name: Nameless: (yes that is his name)

Tall as Cutter

Skin: Dark Tan ( Like Rayek. sun folk or tan as EQ gets. Darkest shade.)

Eyes: Dark deep forest green right eye. Wound yellow left.

Hair: Short scruffy messy hair

Body type: Lean muscular(Build between Skywise and Longbaw.)

Clothing: Black lion stone mask (fierce looking. Covers top of head to upper lip, revealing the lower lip and chin.)

Leather leggings or loin cloth. No shirt usually. Canine teeth necklace. Leather foot bindings.

Scars/ Tattoos/ Piercings: Going from right to left is massive scars from weapons, fires and animal attacks that fade and scatter as they become less on the left side. Head to foot. Really mad disfiguring burns, wounds that never healed right, affecting vision on that side, function of shoulder to hand is limited as well as leg. (still has two balls yes but you can see "he got lucky in keeping them.)

The scars are to the point he HAS to have the mask on. Right shoulder sits lower than left shoulder. Missing or ragged left ear. Wound takes out vocal chords or effects speech badly.

Is not usually clothed but has been known to wear loin cloth of some thing he killed. ( most likely Hyena) and the skull bones are belt buckle with a few feathers or something. This or tattered ragged leggings.

The hair is effected by the wound, it can look as a mohawk or be really rat nesty on the right and more tame on the left. Falls about the mask like a short mane.

Twin short blades of animal tooth and a long bow are weapon of choice.

( I could add more but I do not want to spoil the character.)

Sample post:

The cold air of morning was crisp and cool as it brought the aroma of morning life through the forest. The whipping winds danced within the dens and out, along the rocky paths and along the trees and shrubs till it lingered down into a dark cave, the opening foreboding and frightening as the smell of death wafted up from its gaping mouth. Down through the tunnel into the dark passages. There it swirled and mingled with the smells already in there. The walls were adorned with skulls of human, troll, elf and animal. Furs and pelts, claws and teeth on stared for and used. Leathers were prepped and ready for use as stones masks from simple lions faces to frightening. Sizes from small to large and the smaller ones well used and cracked.

Upon the the ground was a bundle of furs, slowly they stirred as the thing cocooned within its layers groaned. It was a gargled strange noise as the crippled arms stretched with hands of four fingers. They gripped the furs and pulled then down to the sturdy chest. A puff of onyx hair exploded from it as a pair of eyes. One a deep forest green and the other a yellow, sightless. Yawning he stretched again and then gargled a groan, his right side mangled and burned badly as he rubbed his shoulder. For as long as he remembered it always ached when the weather cooled. It was not a good sign for him. The tanned elf sat up, his body riddled right to left with massive scars from head to toe and faded to the left side. Ear tattered, throat damaged to the point of no vocal sound, or not much of one. His face so bad he has been shunned by his own people, his own tribe unable to glance upon him, all the way to his gender and feet. He now lazily reaches for a mask, a favorite of his. Black and fierce as the nightmarish black cave lion he bonded with. Cold to the touch and yet made perfectly. Grasping it, he pulls it close and runs a hand over the smoothed stone. He places it against his scarred ravaged face and secures the sturdy leather straps around his head. He could see daylight at the far tunnel, the sounds of day growing ever more.

Angelalex242

(I am guessing this is where I meet those who roleplay lol. Yes. I am a cub to this, however not to roleplay or story writing. My name is Victoria, but the elf next to me is Katra of Nine Lives. 12 years ago I was re-brought into the world of TWO MOONS again and a friend and II were to do a spin off of Elfquest. She is no longer in the picture. So it is up to me to hold torch proudly. So here it goes. Hit or miss right? I am doing a comic spin off of ElfQuest and I am looking for the role players who know what are doing. I am looking for the unique and special characters people bring in and would not mind getting their paws in on the opportunity to get into a story and hopefully full comic form. Katra's Pride follows a group of high ones who left and instead of finding the wolves, they found a group of large ancient cave lions. I know "cats" may have been used before by others, but I am going full out comic. I can do group or solo roleplays, I like to get to know the characters a bit to see where they will fit in the story. I have a blogspot with the start and pictures of some of my characters.

When I see how many are truly interested in this I shall post more about the world and such, if no takers then I wont bake a carrot cake for those who are into carrot cakes. lol

The roleplay follows Katra's tribe as they are forced out of the desert lands and into the forest where we cross paths with the wolfriders but do not focus on them. Everything is still in rough draft format and will be improved later as well. All relationships types are open, I am a little weary about letting people play originals unless they can play them true to characters. I have several tribes in which are open for those who want to join in on some of the fun...

So far the "mounts" I have or animal bonds are Cave Lions, Large swamp lizards, and a huge prehistoric bird species I can not pronounce. lol. Please be kind with your posts, concerns, rants and questions. I am new to the forums and wont bite if you do not bite me. Those who are interested must post a detailed character sheet/ description (I love to draw characters and scenes) and post a 2-3 paragraph of your rpg sample. I WANT to add your characters in the comic and stories and show them to Elf mom and dad... To have others in the comics besides me, myself and I.. I just do not want to put up with those who want to ruin the fun of it for everybody else... To be fair I will post the same.

Name: Nameless: (yes that is his name)

Tall as Cutter

Skin: Dark Tan ( Like Rayek. sun folk or tan as EQ gets. Darkest shade.)

Eyes: Dark deep forest green right eye. Wound yellow left.

Hair: Short scruffy messy hair

Body type: Lean muscular(Build between Skywise and Longbaw.)

Clothing: Black lion stone mask (fierce looking. Covers top of head to upper lip, revealing the lower lip and chin.)

Leather leggings or loin cloth. No shirt usually. Canine teeth necklace. Leather foot bindings.

Scars/ Tattoos/ Piercings: Going from right to left is massive scars from weapons, fires and animal attacks that fade and scatter as they become less on the left side. Head to foot. Really mad disfiguring burns, wounds that never healed right, affecting vision on that side, function of shoulder to hand is limited as well as leg. (still has two balls yes but you can see "he got lucky in keeping them.)

The scars are to the point he HAS to have the mask on. Right shoulder sits lower than left shoulder. Missing or ragged left ear. Wound takes out vocal chords or effects speech badly.

Is not usually clothed but has been known to wear loin cloth of some thing he killed. ( most likely Hyena) and the skull bones are belt buckle with a few feathers or something. This or tattered ragged leggings.

The hair is effected by the wound, it can look as a mohawk or be really rat nesty on the right and more tame on the left. Falls about the mask like a short mane.

Twin short blades of animal tooth and a long bow are weapon of choice.

( I could add more but I do not want to spoil the character.)

Sample post:

The cold air of morning was crisp and cool as it brought the aroma of morning life through the forest. The whipping winds danced within the dens and out, along the rocky paths and along the trees and shrubs till it lingered down into a dark cave, the opening foreboding and frightening as the smell of death wafted up from its gaping mouth. Down through the tunnel into the dark passages. There it swirled and mingled with the smells already in there. The walls were adorned with skulls of human, troll, elf and animal. Furs and pelts, claws and teeth on stared for and used. Leathers were prepped and ready for use as stones masks from simple lions faces to frightening. Sizes from small to large and the smaller ones well used and cracked.

Upon the the ground was a bundle of furs, slowly they stirred as the thing cocooned within its layers groaned. It was a gargled strange noise as the crippled arms stretched with hands of four fingers. They gripped the furs and pulled then down to the sturdy chest. A puff of onyx hair exploded from it as a pair of eyes. One a deep forest green and the other a yellow, sightless. Yawning he stretched again and then gargled a groan, his right side mangled and burned badly as he rubbed his shoulder. For as long as he remembered it always ached when the weather cooled. It was not a good sign for him. The tanned elf sat up, his body riddled right to left with massive scars from head to toe and faded to the left side. Ear tattered, throat damaged to the point of no vocal sound, or not much of one. His face so bad he has been shunned by his own people, his own tribe unable to glance upon him, all the way to his gender and feet. He now lazily reaches for a mask, a favorite of his. Black and fierce as the nightmarish black cave lion he bonded with. Cold to the touch and yet made perfectly. Grasping it, he pulls it close and runs a hand over the smoothed stone. He places it against his scarred ravaged face and secures the sturdy leather straps around his head. He could see daylight at the far tunnel, the sounds of day growing ever more.

Would the prehistoric bird be 'Archaeoptyrix?'

That is kinda hard to pronounce, or spell for that matter.

VictoriaAldrich

Would the prehistoric bird be 'Archaeoptyrix?'
That is kinda hard to pronounce, or spell for that matter.

http://www.fossil-treasures-of-florida.com/terror-bird.html

Is what I was going for.... I got a picture of a character with one Smile

Tam

Let me know if you get anywhere with this; I'm intrigued. Smile

VictoriaAldrich

So far nothing but I do one on one mostly so if you are interested in that its a start lol