ELFQUEST
FORUM ARCHIVE     ABOUT EQ     READ ONLINE     SHOP    
ABOUT     READ     SHOP    

Book on comic-book-inspired tattoos

Diana

ElfQuest® the official page

Calling all Elfquest skin artists! We've been approached by Sion Smith, the editor of Skin Deep ("The UK's Best Selling Tattoo Magazine") - they're putting together a book on comic-book-inspired tattoos and Sion wants to include a section on Elfquest. So if you've ever sent us a photo of your EQ tattoo, I'm asking now for the best quality image you can manage. The more, the merrier!

Send in Facebook private message either here or to Richard Pini, or attach in an email to "elfquest (at) elfquest.com" - and thanks in advance to all!

I think I'll keep an eye out for that book. I've been planning an Elfquest tattoo for a while now. Don't think I'll be in time to send in my photo, but still... Smile

Embala

ElfQuest® the official page
vor 48 Minuten
Elfquest tattoo request, part 2:
1) Even if you've sent photos before, send again (or take a newer one)
2) There are for consideration in a professional skin art magazine, so please take - or have a friend do it - the highest quality shot you can. Good lighting, avoid glare, sharp focus, full image.

ElfQuest® the official page 3) If you've got a sleeve, be sure to get several shots to capture the entire thing. (You don't even have to stitch them together into a single "panorama" - we can do that.)

Diana

when do they need these?

That was asked on Facebook too. Wendy replied that they didn't know the deadline, so the conclusion was "as soon as possible".

Edit, found it:

ElfQuest® the official page @Denise - I wasn't given a deadline other than "the sooner the better"...

Diana

I suddenly had the feeling I should Google for this book by now, so I did and I found it.
So no need to send in any new pictures, it seems.

Pyre

Hmm right, I reread the first post, and I'm still not sure what it's about. It is calling for tattooes based on elfquest designed by elfquest artists, or tattooes that people already have on their skin for example of their favourite elfquest character?

The original posting doesn't specify so it's a tad confusing.

~ Pyre

Heather

Henna tattoo drying

Tam

Ooh, that's nice!

Embala

Second this!

Heather

Screen Shot 2014-09-21 at 3.00.14 PM
Oxidizing nicely.

Embala

Very satisfying final result. How long will it last on the hand?

Heather

About 1-3 weeks.

Embala

Hopefully this will tend to the longer end.

Heather

That's what I am hoping. Just need to be sure to protect it while showering (coconut or olive oil on it) and avoid exfoliating my hands.

Night_Tanem

I've had it before but never even realized this could be done. Just beautiful!

Thornbrake

I want Elfquest Henna tattoos!!