ELFQUEST
FORUM ARCHIVE     ABOUT EQ     READ ONLINE     SHOP    
ABOUT     READ     SHOP    

Translation of character codes from the old forum (which is this forum before 2010 )

spiritofthewater

This is a bit funny I think:

Here you have Arthis trying to whisper something:

...and then, after 2010, someone is placing a bullhorn in front of Arthis' mouth, and then you get this:

Is it possible to do something about the character codes?

It seems to me that there's some kind of program error.

Nibblet

How did you get a screenshot of the before picture?

spiritofthewater

You can find it by using this web page:

http://archive.org/web/

They do not store everything, at least I'm not able to find everything. This site scans web pages regularly so if you have a web address you can find most of it's history, but a lot of the pictures seems to be missing. I do not know why, but I would like to know more about it.

They are not the only one who is doing this, but so far it's the only one I have discovered.

All web activity is stored somewhere but obviously most of it is not available for the public, at least yet. (I'm not sure if it should become public either.)

You can actually find www.elfquest.com screenshots all the way back to 1996. Smile

I discovered it last week, so I haven't been able to share it until now.

Arfurido

Holy cow, it's the old scroll

I feel so nostalgic

Arthis

I've just discovered this thread, and it makes me smile to be the whispering/shouting example :)

Rob

Plans are afoot to make sure everything looks right from the olden days! When the thread was first made, it used HTML -- then the forums switched to BBcode -- and now it's HTML again. But only some HTML! So now that post looks neither big nor small, because the font-size tag is ignored:

Screen Shot 2014-07-15 at 10.52.35 AM

But it's still in there, and eventually will look how @Arthis intended!