ELFQUEST
FORUM ARCHIVE     ABOUT EQ     READ ONLINE     SHOP    
ABOUT     READ     SHOP    

New concept for my Plains elves?

ElfTanner

This is an idea I came up with the other night while watching The Hobbit. I have never seen elves paired with Rabbits before. Tell me what you think.

This is Herdpacer - He is the chief of the Plains elves, the Trail Makers. I was thinking of having them fallow herds of horses that they would use for meat, skins, etc and they would ride the rabbits... just an idea...

photo Herdpacer807x1024_zpsf98ab087.jpg

Embala

Initial thought: Great elf ... surprising bondbeast Wink

Second thought: They would need some sort of tether/harness ... considered how rabbits move!

Okay, seriously - Maras are rodents and they are plains dwellers. I CAN imagine a species of hares taking the place of big plains aninmals. Maybe not exactly with the same motion sequence than our hares when they are supposed to be ridden by elves.

ElfTanner

I was considering a harness. I've actually seen some old ads of cowboys riding jack rabbits in Texas and they had saddles and harness'. I may barrow the design.

Elwing

When I heard about Radagast's giant jack rabbit pulled sleigh I thought "no way", but they pulled it off, so why not. Cool concept. I like that it does not really look like a rabbit, but more like a hare, which is a bad-ass of an animal!