ELFQUEST
FORUM ARCHIVE     ABOUT EQ     READ ONLINE     SHOP    
ABOUT     READ     SHOP    

Cosplay

Heather

Not new to the world of Elfquest or the world of theatre, I'm not sure why it took me so long to cosplay. Living in the middle of nowhere may have had something to do with it, but regardless, I'm glad I've done it now, and look forward to more!

The results of Rob's and my first cosplay:

(more can be seen here http://boingboing.net/2013/12/20/cosplay.html)

However, these other amazing cosplayers have really blown me away:

I can't leave out Jimmy Sherfy and Collin Pelton. (We were priviledged to meet Jimmy this past summer at SDCC):

And of course, this oldie but goodie should not be forgotten:

Wendy herself was (and still is) a fantasic cosplayer. And I love the fact that EQ has had so many amazing people represent them at cons world wide and other artistic endeavors. Hearing from more of you fans who have or are currently cosplaying would be great!

Embala

I love to see this collection here on the Scroll. Great fan effort with amazing results!

Heather

It is amazing what people can do with cosplay. I know there is so much more out there as well. This is just a small taste.

Elwing

Wow! You look amazing! Where does one get ears like that? And yes, I've seen a few real good ones over the years, and it's great to see the tradition continued.

Heather

@Rob made ours, but I do know there are plenty of places to buy them.

Elwing

yes, I've seen LOTR and Star Trek type pointy ears, but these seem much larger. Did you cast these or make them in some other way?

Heather

We tried a variety of things. From taking slightly on model ears and then hacking them as well as casting.

elf_queen_vik

Ive done a couple elfquest costumes over the years and am working on a third.

Aroree (worn at Dragon con in 2009)
 photo Aroree1_zps3f04da64.jpg
 photo Aroree2_zpsacb892f2.jpg

Newstar (worn at Dragon con 2013...the Pinis where guests that year so I wanted to do another one, I was so happy to finally meet them)
 photo Newstar1_zps347d1777.jpg
 photo Newstar2_zpsaca6ef1d.jpg

Embala

@elf_queen_vik I hoped you would show up and add you dreamy photos *loves*

Is curious ... what will be next? ;)

Heather

@elf_queen_vik Those are fantastic. Really love Newstar's. Do you make the costumes yourself?

elf_queen_vik

@Heather, for the most part yes, for Aroree I got a two piece body suit and added the fur and fabric painted the pattern on the leg. I styled the wig myself. For Newstar I had a dress on hand that I was not using for anything else so I Frankensteined it into Newstars dress, the wig I also styled myself. (BTW Rob is a PERFECT Pike and your Krim is great!)

@Embala Im working on a Final Quest Ember, I have been wanting to do her forever as she is my Favorite and I identify with her personality the most.
 photo 994435_10202818543286131_80143788_n_zps5e55cf6b.jpg
Ive started on it already and it will just need a few tweaks and then its done. (Im not sure how Im gonna do the boots/leggings.)

Embala

No need to TELL that you'll do Ember. It's obvious! :D

Heather

Thanks so much! We had fun doing the cosplay.
Your new Ember outfit is shaping up nicely!

Kohalu

How do you embed images on this forum?

Here's my Skywise and Jimmy's Cutter:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=432565590204475&set=pb.156270574500646.-2207520000.1394004658.&type=3&theater

Rob

@Kohalu, use plain html. I took the liberty of editing your post.

Embala

Great! :D

Thornbrake

@elf_queen_vik Wow the Ember costume looks awesome. Can't wait to see the finished product on you.

Heather

Love the Skywise @Kohalu!

Rae_treeshaper

I wouldn't mind to cosplay, I'd love to do a tyleet or yun sometime. Although maybe not as good as the above!

Heather

Rae_treeshaper said: I wouldn't mind to cosplay, I'd love to do a tyleet or yun sometime. Although maybe not as good as the above!

I definitely am not great at costume making. That is why we got help with ours. No reason you can't have good ones as well!

Dark_Serval

Was considering Leetah for this year's con, but do not think it will come to fruition. :/

Heather

Elfquest_cosplay_group_by_Rollwurst
Found this one just recently online. Not sure who is all in it. But it's fantastic!

Tynami

I love all these display pics. Years ago I had a site of nothing bit EQ display... I'll have to look it back up when I get back to my comp.

Heather

elfquest___one_of_the_elders_by_gwan_chan-d5kcl8w
Fantastic Treestump

Dark_Serval

The Valley of the Sun is so ACTIVE compared to the Sun Village! Easilly distracted elf is easily distra--SQUIRREL!

Tynami

I found a TON of my old cosplay pics and links to the players... since they're not my pics to post, I'll post the links to the players. The ones I've linked are definitely not all the sites have to offer, but are some of my favorites.

Winnowill
Two Nightfalls, plus great groups shots
Skywise
Yun
Moonshade
Ember, Nightfall, Skyfire, Moonshade & Shenshen
Winny
Leetah
Leetah
Ember (not complete)

Kahvi - LOVE this one!!
Tyleet - she's also got a few group shots!
Skywise
Ember
Ember, Aroree & Newstar - gorgeous!!
Venka
Young Ember

Leetah on top right

Cosplaylab.com - General link for EQ cosplay on that site

cosplay.com - another fantastic site that has a TON of EQ

elfquestcostume LJ - haven't been on this site for a while, but had a bunch of pics on it years ago

Embala

Treestump 's fab indeed!
I like your Ember, Dark serval. I bet real Ember would be distracted all the time!
Great finds, kat. Thanks for the collection!

RedheadEmber

Don't know what her name is here (or if she's even a member)
But I really love the Early Final Quest Moonshade pics Amanda posted over at FB. Especially considering that she dressed her daughter up as Chitter.

Thornbrake

I think Amanda is @devils_little_sis. And yes, her Moonshade cosplay was awesome.

Heather

Thornbrake said:
I think Amanda is @devils_little_sis. And yes, her Moonshade cosplay was awesome.

You got it! I sent her a message so she can know we're talking about her ;) And hopefully she will share her fantastic pics!

Shadowfire

awwww YAY!!! i wasn't sure if anyone liked my very first cosplay, i'm glad someone mentioned it here! i traded for mine and my daughter's costumes, since i fail at sewing anything other than patch-jobs, lol. i was happy enough that i had managed to sew the crystals on my costume without any issues! i was so flattered, not only did ElfMom know who i was before i introduced myself (she asked me, "Are you Amanda?" and once i said yes she asked "Aren't you supposed to have your daughter with you as Chitter?" my kiddo was wandering around the convention with her dad, at the moment. she was 3 years old and didn't have the patience to wait in a line with me, lol), but she also said my daughter made a PERFECT Chitter, except her hair wasn't messy enough, lol! i believe she also complemented me on the accuracy of both costumes. my husband was also supposed to cosplay as Strongbow, but his costume wasn't finished in-time. sometime i'll don my Moonshade costume again and take some better pics out in the forest around my house, but for now here's some from Convolution 2013.

Chitter with a popsicle

Moonshade

i hope to cosplay again sometime, perhaps as Leetah (even though i'm SUPER pale, lol), or maybe Joyleaf. i've been wanting to make a quick Joyleaf costume recently, i'm pregnant with our second child, our son, and we decided to name him Tam, so Joyleaf would be perfect, other than i'm a brunette, not blonde. anyways, sorry for the HUGE post, if you know me from Facebook you know i have a tendency to do this sometimes, lol.

RedheadEmber

I can't say it often enough.
But those pictures are awesome. And little Chitter is so cute

Embala

You got a fantastic Moonshade costume, Amanda. Your little one as Chitter is SO cute!

I'd love to see you posing as Moonshade in a green-growing place. Or as Joyleaf ... with little Tam.

Heather

So glad to see you put these up here. You both look fantastic. I remember you posting the costume before it was done, even then I could tell it was going to rock.
Looking forward to seeing your hubby as Strongbow.

RedheadEmber

Embala said: I'd love to see you posing as Moonshade in a green-growing place. Or as Joyleaf ... with little Tam.

He'd probably be the youngest cosplayer ever.

RichardPini

Especially now that Ember is enduring her own private Descent into the Cave (Hero's Journey-speak there), I'm bumping this thread up with a lovely cosplay tribute.

elf_queen_vik

Oh yeah I have pics of my new Ember costume!!!
 photo SAM_0605_zpsf3516d47.jpg
 photo SAM_0606_zpsbdeec738.jpg
 photo SAM_0610_zps247abbd3.jpg

Embala

Looks great, elf_queen_vik! :) I love the photo shooting in the forest.

elf_queen_vik

Oh yeah and this happened!  photo SAM_0600_zpsd85a8b15.jpg

Embala

A talk among chiefs! Fab! :)

RedheadEmber

elf_queen_vik said: Oh yeah I have pics of my new Ember costume!!!
photo SAM_0605_zpsf3516d47.jpg

Stole Ahem... Borrowed Newmoon for a sec?

RichardPini

Great (mirror) recreation of the cover to Hidden Years #4 - love it!

hy04-0

elf_queen_vik

@RichardPini Thanks!
Bah I kinda forgot whom was on witch side til afterword and got home and onto my computer. LOL!
@RedheadEmber ITS MINE NOW BWAHAHA!! *ahem*

Heather

Great job! Love these!

elf_queen_vik

Here are a few photos from Dragon Con
 photo DSC_3851_zps40a04256.jpeg

uummmm eerrr elf...errr...wars?
 photo DSC_3861_zpsca829bfd.jpeg

Embala

Ember had a great time with family and friends! I love the photos - the "portait" one has the feeling of a forest glare and the full body shot show so much fun.
Thank you for sharing.

Oh... have I mentioned that you look fab, elf_queen_vik? :) All three of you do!