ELFQUEST
FORUM ARCHIVE     ABOUT EQ     READ ONLINE     SHOP    
ABOUT     READ     SHOP    

NY Comic Con Variant Cover of Final Quest Special

Thornbrake

Just saw this on eBay, for all you die-hard collectors out there. Decent price for a rare special edition of the Final Quest Special that was only distributed at New York Comic Con in 2013.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Elf-Quest-NYCC-Retailer-Incentive-2013-Special-VARIANT-NYCC-Diamond-Retailer-/360877719161?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item5405fcfe79

Embala

*blinks* Seller has issues with Germany?

Thornbrake

Why do you say that @Embala? Does it say that somewhere?

Embala

It says: Does not ship to Germany

... not that I'm TOO eagerly interested right now - made me stop considering at all, tho.

RedheadEmber

You could always have it shipped to my place then I'd send it to you,

Maybe... maybe I'd just keep it.

Thornbrake

Embala said: It says: Does not ship to Germany

Oh I didn't see that. How odd! I wonder why that would be?

Thornbrake

I just did a search for "Elfquest NYCC" and got a bunch of results. If you want the book, I'm sure one of these sellers will ship to Germany.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid=p2047675.m570.l1313.TR1.TRC0.A0.H0.Xelfquest+nycc&_nkw=elfquest+nycc&_sacat=0&_from=R40

Beryl

Embala said: It says: Does not ship to Germany

For me it says: Does not ship to Denmark

Embala

XD Issues with Europe - or simply the distance. Kinda soothing.

I'll keep an eye on the alternatives. :)

RedheadEmber

Beryl said: For me it says: Does not ship to Denmark

Okay... then my brilliant solution won't work!

Heather

The is the person selling it is in the US and probably doesn't want to ship overseas. They may ship to Canada or Mexico, but that's not as expensive.

AceQuester

@Beryl
And for me it says: Does not ship to The Netherlands

So Ebay recognize from which country we are and automatically blocks us.

Dark_Serval

@Heather is right. The seller has the item marked as ships only within the US. When it pulls your locale to try and estimate shipping, it blasts a "no go" to any non-US locations.

Thornbrake

They probably have had issues with people in Europe buying items but then balking at the shipping prices, so they now simply just restrict their sales to the U.S. Luckily there are a lot of others selling the same item (see link a few comments up) and I'm sure SOMEONE will ship to Europe.

Heather

Thornbrake said: I'm sure SOMEONE will ship to Europe.

There are definitely shippers who will. And as someone who ships overseas fairly consistently, it isn't cheap. Sometimes the shipping will be more than the actual value of the product and there is also the hassle of having to fill out the larger customs forms now. So that has turned a lot of smaller businesses in the states (and private citizens) from wanting to ship things to Europe and other countries.
There is also the option of having a friend in the states ship it to you if they win. I know of people who have done that.

Dark_Serval

I live on eBay as much as I do on Amazon, so I've had that cost vs shipping issue constantly with some figures I'm collecting. I'm eternal grateful for those foreign shippers who are actually offering free shipping on their stuff. I don't know how they do it!

Heather

Dark_Serval said: I'm eternal grateful for those foreign shippers who are actually offering free shipping on their stuff. I don't know how they do it!

Wow! That is impressive. I can understand being grateful for that. I can't even imagine how they do it, especially when they probably ship multiple items to so many different places.

Dark_Serval

@Heather I assume because the items are small. Although a lot mark them as "Gift" which I understand is not how merch should be shipped. But i seem to get mixed signals on that.

Heather

Dark_Serval said: I assume because the items are small. Although a lot mark them as "Gift" which I understand is not how merch should be shipped. But i seem to get mixed signals on that.

If the item being shipped is an actual purchase that someone got from you, there can be a "duty tax" on it. Marking gift is the way to avoid paying the duty tax.
I have had friends go over to France and Spain on vacation, buy quite a bit of wine and the store will ship to their homes here in the States and mark "gift" on the custom forms. If it's investigated, it can be an issue, but it's only going to be investigated if someone reports them.

Dark_Serval

Heather said: If the item being shipped is an actual purchase that someone got to you, there can be a "duty tax" on it. Marking gift is the way to avoid paying the duty tax.

Then there are a whooooooooooooole lot of people doin' it wrong. I almost never get merch from overseas marked as anything but "gift" regardless of where or who I buy it from.

Heather

Dark_Serval said: Then there are a whooooooooooooole lot of people doin' it wrong. I almost never get merch from overseas marked as anything but "gift" regardless of where or who I buy it from.

I have a feeling in their eyes they're doing it right ;)