ELFQUEST
FORUM ARCHIVE     ABOUT EQ     READ ONLINE     SHOP    
ABOUT     READ     SHOP    

Teir

Warp Graphics

Teir –  Elfquest
Teir – Elfquest

http://www.elfquest.com/teir/

Character SketchTeir has spent the majority of his life as a loner, going where he pleased, when he pleased, beholden to no one. That all changed when Chieftess Ember and her Wolfriders accidentally stumbled upon his home on the plains of Djunsland in their quest to find a new Holt away from the threat of humans.

Kitt

Okay, YES he is INCREDIBLY Mary Sue-ish, but still, he's pretty darn cool even in that capacity Wink

Leanan

He reminds me of my brother.

Kitt

That is so sweet, Leanan! :love:

Leanan

My brother is really, really good with animals. Always has been. Once when he was little a kitten fell asleep on his chest when he was lying down, so he didn't move until the kitten woke up. He gets along better with animals than with people I think. And, quite incidentally, he has long dark brown hair.

Kitt

...I think I'm in love...and I'm not talkin' about Teir Wink

Leanan

:P My brother is 23 and as far as I know, single... :twisted:

Kitt

OW BABY!! A younger man! ...well...two years, but still!!! :D Leanan, send him right over! Wink

Leanan

Hmm, how shall I talk him into being sent over? :P

Kitt

Uhh...you could tell him that there...uh...you could say...hmm......okay, how about...no, that won't work...hmm...I'm gonna have to sleep on that one Wink

In the meantime...here's a couple of pics of Leanan's brother and me...er-em...I mean, Teir and Ember :oops:

Kitt

...you know, I thought Teir was darker at one point :?

emerald

Hey me too! Surprised
I used to always think he was as dark as Ember until I saw these pics!

Kitt

Hmm...it appears that he was :?

emerald

Well I've never seen him in color before...but I always assumed that he was. :?

dewshine_lover_1

thats the only thing i dont like about others doing the comics..hahaha things change from day to day.

Kitt

Yeah, I only recently got some color Hidden Years myself Wink

Foxeye

Aye, I was always sad that Wendy un-darkened teir. :( I have a hunch that they thought about his lineage (ie, go-back) and concluded that it wouldn't make sense for him to have skin that dark.

But, poo, I say. He's not a night dweller. If he's out in the sun on the open plains for a very long time, there's every good reason for him to be very dark! Certainly darker than she colored him there, anyways.

Kitt

THAT IS SO TRUE!! I mean LOOK at Dart and Newstar!! :?

dewshine_lover_1

yeah..a little sun will tan anyone..hmmm

Leanan

Maybe Wendy just wanted to underline the contrast between him and Ember? I mean, perhaps the calendar change was temporary... also do we know Teir wasn't a night dweller?
btw, I'm going to give my brother the link to this topic when I next see him... :twisted:

joselle

okay as Teir has a place in my playing card set I need a consensis. Teir: dark or pale?......hmmmm? Or should I just defalt to the Wendy coloring?

Foxeye

My vote is for tan. He's been living shirtless on the open plains for a loooong time. I don't see how anyone could be as pale as Wendy drew him after a life like that.

I also vote for the many-braids hairdo. ^_^ (If you need references of that 'do, just let me know.)

emerald

Well, because Wendy drew him like that, I say pale. Wink

Foxeye

Quote:
emerald

Well, because Wendy drew him like that, I say pale. Wink

Don't listen to her Joselle! Surprised She is just trying to sabotage Teir to reduce his hotness-quotient so Ember will leave him for Mender. Grin

joselle

well I kinda like her with Mender....

*runs!* And yeah, reference for the many-braid 'do would be great! :P

Okay: 1 to 1....

emerald

So do I Joselle, which means...take my idea! Wink

joselle

fight! fight!

....or I could just do a middle version: golden brown as apposed to dark brown...... or is that cheating? :P

emerald

No, its not.
I mean he has been roaming the plains for a while. A tan is expected.
Wink

Bast

As far as this goes, I will take Teir pale or tan, if he's pale Well, there's always making him run about without a stitch on. He'd get tan quick. I think Teir is my second favorite elf, my first is Egg but thats because I am strange. :D

innie

He can't be pale. Maybe he's not as dark as the average sunvillager, but he has to be tanned. Isn't it weird that the wolfriders didn't complain about sunburnt on the wolfrock as they did when entering the Sunvillage? I mean, it's no desert, but it's out in the sun. That has effect the pale wolfriders.

crescent1325

i think a small tan should be evident. definatly not as dark as Sunstream or Ember them...but more darker then the nocternal wolfriders

Windrider

Quote:
joselle

okay as Teir has a place in my playing card set I need a consensis. Teir: dark or pale?......hmmmm? Or should I just defalt to the Wendy coloring?

I don't remember where I read it, but Wendy had some words about Teir in that calendar picture. She said she viewed him as having olive skin, as found among the northern tribes of Native Americans. So I think he is supposed to be lighter than a Sun Villager (and Ember) but not Wolfrider/Go-Back pale.

She also said she visualized him as having beautiful hands. ;)

joselle

Quote:
Windrider

[quote:20062085f6="joselle"]okay as Teir has a place in my playing card set I need a consensis. Teir: dark or pale?......hmmmm? Or should I just defalt to the Wendy coloring?

I don't remember where I read it, but Wendy had some words about Teir in that calendar picture. She said she viewed him as having olive skin, as found among the northern tribes of Native Americans. So I think he is supposed to be lighter than a Sun Villager (and Ember) but not Wolfrider/Go-Back pale.

She also said she visualized him as having beautiful hands. ;)[/quote:20062085f6]

well, dang! that's as official as it can get! Olive skin it is! Thanks Windrider. And, oh....beautiful hands..... Surprised eep!

Bast

Windrider: I have seen your work and wow, I would love to see you draw Teir...*lol* and a man with beautiful hands *sighs* Okay so I am going to swoon anytime now, someone catch me. *lol*

Speaking of that Joselle your cards are absolutely amazing, thought I would get that out.

Gazelle

*catches bast*

Bast

"Oh, Thank you dear." *uprights self* Really cats and wolves living together. *chuckles*

Foxeye

I just had a random thought about Teir and his appeal. It's mostly just ramblings and probalby has a lot of loopholes, but it's fun anyways.

Teir is like what would happen if you took the three (arguably) hottest males in EQ and mixed them up. That being rayek, cutter, and strongbow. He's got the gorgeous long black hair and dark skin of Rayek, the wild innocence, unthinking grace, and muscles of cutter, and the "quiet silent type" demeanor of Strongbow. For us ladies who don't like the ladies-men types (ala Skywise), how can that not be an alluring combination?

(Or maybe I just like him because he reminds me of my husband. ^_^)

jadengems

Preach on, sister!!!

I totally agree with Foxeye.

I always see Teir as what Rayek could have been without the driving need to be the best.

~Gem

Kitt

Oh, well put, Foxy! :clap: ...at least, that's how he was until the series that featured Leighren :?

Meus

Not quite! I admit he became a little softer recently, courting Ember and all :heart: :mrgreen: But Rayek might have been exactly like that if Winowill had been more giving with her feelings ;)
Actually, I like the comparison between Rayek and Teir's fate. Too bad those two will probably never meet :?

Meus

Minouche

I think I'd fall in love with Teir if I met him, but I wouldn't be happy with him. The silence would frustrate me too much. I'm inept at non verbal cues and need someone who freely expresses his feelings. Unfortunatelly those I have met who express themselves freely, have either been lying or expressing playful, but undiscriminating, lust.

Silberschweif

Teir rulez :) I really hope to see new stuff and pictures about him.
He is my absolute favorite male character ;)

Treefox

What I also like about Teir, apart from his looks and his closeness to animals which would highly attract me to any real man too, is, that we still don't know that much about him. He's still quite a mystery, isn't he? I also wonder if he's really such a silent type or if he only seems to be, because he wasn't used to company and conversation anymore. Well, I haven't read Wild Hunt in ages, so I'm not sure anymore. Anyway, me likes him a lot!

SnowWren

Well, seeing as how Teir is probably related to Kahvi, is her son or somewhere in her family tree.... he's a blood of chiefs! :) Prey-Pacer was Two-Spear's father, and Kahvi's grandfather.... Assuming Two-Spear had more children, we're not sure where in the line Teir is... but since Kahvi fell into the pool for a long time, she may have met up w/ a descendant of Prey-Pacer and... well, here comes Teir! So Teir and Ember make a LOT more sense than Ember and Mender

Nowth

I don't think (or hope) they think like that, or see "more sense" in it... not that I wouldn't prefer Ember-and-Teir to Ember-and-Mender any day.

krwordgazer

With Teir, it seems like there would be at least a little less genetic closeness with Ember than Mender would have. So Recognition really ought to pick Teir.

Plus, though I think Mender is brave, and he can be very selfless when he needs to be, he just doesn't have that [i:a726f9cc66]something [/i:a726f9cc66]that a chief's mate needs, to balance out the chief's personality and provide wisdom. It's kind of hard to define what that something is, but Joyleaf had it, Leetah has it, Teir has it-- and Mender doesn't.

Meus

Quote:
krwordgazer

It's kind of hard to define what that something is, but Joyleaf had it, Leetah has it, Teir has it-- and Mender doesn't.

Natural gentleness? Wisdom? Patience? Brain? Pick one ;)

Meus

Embala

SnowWren wrote:
Well, seeing as how Teir is probably related to Kahvi, is her son or somewhere in her family tree....

Interesting ... reading "Recognition", my first impression was that he regognized Kahvi and was rejected by her - probably because she don't mess about with something like that ...

What do you think about this?

innie

That's interesting. I've never thought about it that way, but it has a lot of interesting possibilities. I like it better than Teir being Kahvi's son.

Suzene

I don't see it. The from-below view during Teir's flashback indicates someone small looking up at Kahvi and Kahvi's single bared breast suggests nursing an infant. There's one panel that I may be recalling incorrectly, but I think we actually see Teir's infant hands reaching toward the distant figure of Kahvi as well. None of that bespeaks Recognition to me; besides, if Teir had Recognized Kahvi, he'd have been old enough to remember her and speak of her when the others were mentioned, instead of needing his memories jogged by the scent of her hair.

SnowWren

I have to agree w/ Suzene! The images shown in "Recognition" indicate that Teir was a child--likely w/ Kahvi as his mother!

innie

It had been a while since I had read the comic, but re-reading it, I see you're right. Their is obviously a child. But I'm still hoping they will come up with something differently than Kahvi being Teir's mum.

Meus

When Teir tells the wolfriders of his life in the rocky plains, I clearly remember him saying his mother was from a wandering tribe and that she stayed only for a while and left. I assumed from the picture they were Go-backs exiled by Rayek. When you look at the pic where Teir's Mother leave him and his father, the elf woman look like Kahvi a lot! A kind of Elf warrior from th outfit.

That explains so many things, like Teir having a troll sword, Teir knowing the Wolriders' death dance when they hear about Skot's death, and of course, Teir knowing Kahvi by sent, etc. Furthermore, Teir being an obvious magic user (like his father), that would explain why she did not give attention to him and left them behind.

Meus

Minouche

Well she despised magic users, but she didn't hate them: not like her father did. She didn't mistreat Leetah and quite liked Rayek befor he tried to kill her and her tribe.
So...she may have left in a huff or for a specific project and not been able to come back.
Remember,
1) Go-backs used to pool the kid raising duties, so leaving Teir to his Dad would not be particularly unusual or uncaring.
2) elves grow into teenagehood very quickly (the look of Cutter at 16 (when he becomes chief) and the narrator's comment about this during the twins' childhood in the Sun Village
3) when Lerringen (sp???) speaks of killing that elf with the braid, he is quite old
4) we don't know Teir's age and he may be quite a lot younger than Ember. Remember the huge age difference between Leetah and Cutter. (hen they met he was in his early 20s, she was several 100s years old) and the recognition between Scouter and Tyleet.
Maybe we'll get to know in the final quest, but I think she didn't ever come back mostly because she was dead.

The_Wylde_Wynd

Here's an idea, what if the father Teir was raised by wasn't his biological father. Wouldn't it be interesting if Teir happened to gain the ability to glide at some point. Just a random shot in the dark but still, interesting.

krwordgazer

[quote:408d638a56]="muriel"4) we don't know Teir's age and he may be quite a lot younger than Ember. [/quote:408d638a56]

I do remember that when Teir was asked how long he'd been making Howling Rock his home, he said about 60 years. So I would guess he's between 70 and 80 years old. Meaning that his mother left him while Cutter and his tribe were still in wrapstuff, before the Palace returned. This is consistent that it could be Kahvi-- but who the other elves were that she was traveling with, and why Tyldak wasn't present, remain mysteries. (I would think that if Teir knew Tyldak, he would have mentioned it. A bird-shaped elf is too strange to never mention.)

Shypaw

Do we know who Teir's father is? I didn't think the Go-Backs had much magic in their lives until Rayek came along, so I don't think it's an unnamed Go-Back. Maybe she met with one of the Wavedancers somewhere in her travels?

krwordgazer

Hmm. Could a Wavedancer live so far from the sea?

I don't know what tribe Teir's father came from-- but the book "Kahvi" makes it clear that magic gifts could spring up suddenly and spontaneously among the Go-Backs. There was a little guy who could lift small objects-- and upon questioning, swore he was no descendant of Rayek's.

The gift apparently shared by Teir and his father seems extremely rare, perhaps even unique. I could easily believe Teir's father was a Go-Back too. Or, possibly, there is still another unknown tribe or two out there.

Treefox

But it is really impossible that he is Kahvi's and Tyldak's son, isn't it? It's been so long since I read his story...

Meus

Unlikely, since Teir tells Skywise he received his Troll sword from his father, who received it from his father (and that's all he knew about it). Which leads me to think his father was full Go-Back raised.

Kahvi might have encountered this separated Go-Back tribe, took leadership (again), and finally left (again) because she really can't stay in one place more than a few decades :)

I am not surprised that Go-backs could develop new powers. Even if they don't experience Recognition like other tribes, they may produce offsprings who answer their most important needs. This animal-control power is the best thing you can have when living and hunting in plains.

Meus

Meus

[quote:4755dcd4ab="krwordgazer"][quote:4755dcd4ab]="muriel"4) we don't know Teir's age and he may be quite a lot younger than Ember. [/quote:4755dcd4ab]
I do remember that when Teir was asked how long he'd been making Howling Rock his home, he said about 60 years.[/quote:4755dcd4ab]
He has been alone "more than eight eight" if I remember well :) Which means since his father died. So he is obviously older than that.

[quote:4755dcd4ab="krwordgazer"]So I would guess he's between 70 and 80 years old.[/quote:4755dcd4ab]
Could he not have been older than 20 when he lost his father? They may have lived together a while in the plains. It is difficult to estimate Teir's age. He looks so wise sometime. But that could come from his long loneliness of course.

[quote:4755dcd4ab="krwordgazer"]...but who the other elves were that she was traveling with, and why Tyldak wasn't present, remain mysteries. (I would think that if Teir knew Tyldak, he would have mentioned it. A bird-shaped elf is too strange to never mention.)[/quote:4755dcd4ab]
Well, Kahvi and Tildak have had words in the past, they may have reached the end of their relationship. As for other elves, it seems the World of Two Moons is full of them, isn't it? ;)

Meus

Treefox

[quote:190d6780aa]Unlikely, since Teir tells Skywise he received his Troll sword from his father, who received it from his father (and that's all he knew about it). Which leads me to think his father was full Go-Back raised. [/quote:190d6780aa]

That makes perfect sense. As I said, it's been a long time since I read it. Thanks Meus!

Embala

From the Lovemates calendar

(yes, it's seen in the beginning, too - maybe you'll enjoy the more splendid colors here Smile )

Icemoon

this one is one my faves !!!!!

they are so well, together !!! full of a young love !

Willowspring

They are so beautiful together...

faeriegirl

even though he does have a lot of Kahvi in his face, especially the right one... ;) :P

ElfTanner

From my sketch series

[img:67dc063182]http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c50/ElfTanner/drawings/TeirSketchRequested.jpg[/img:67dc063182]

Willowspring

elftanner... i am sorry... but my perverted little brain is... he looks like hes groping someone

ElfTanner

:(

Embala

groping? :? ... goes away to question dictionary ...
-
-
-
Surprised NO! Teir is NOT groping anyone!!! :roll:

... just working his magic !!!!!

Grin

Easter EggQuest 2013 reserved for Wolfrider (the 2. Wink )

Angelalex242

Looks like he got his wish, or most of it.

Anyone as devoted as he is should get his wish, concerning Ember that is.

Willowspring2

i meant that in a good way!!!!! lol im sorry elftanner!!! *hugs*

WhiteGhost

[color=darkblue:08b5592c05]The face & hair is great- but the angle of the chest & visible back make him look like he has a hunch...[/color:08b5592c05]

Startear

Quote:
From the [b:83028159da]Lovemates[/b:83028159da] calendar

Hm, I know he is now officially not as dark as Ember, but even so, he looks like he is one of Skywise's starcousins. He could have been a little darker at least.

Embala

This VERY pale look still shocks me when I look at the calendar pic - no matter how good he is looking besides this. It is not comprehensible - he's running the plains with bare chest for decades - he should be tanned and not pale like a half nocturnal Wolfrider.

Another thing that bugs me all the time ... when Ember stands up, shouldn't she be clearly taller than Teir? Or is it just an optical illusion because her limbs are of a more delicate build?
Could anyone with a better understanding and expierience of pose and proportions help me?

Easter EggQuest 2013 found

Vojira

Quote:

This VERY pale look still shocks me when I look at the calendar pic - no matter how good he is looking besides this. It is not comprehensible - he's running the plains with bare chest for decades - he should be tanned and not pale like a half nocturnal Wolfrider.

Another thing that bugs me all the time ... when Ember stands up, shouldn't she be clearly taller than Teir? Or is it just an optical illusion because her limbs are of a more delicate build?
Could anyone with a better understanding and expierience of pose and proportions help me?

That's always bothered me too. She does look like she's suddenly gotten really tall.
But of course, this picture:

-forever screwed up my sense of how tall Wolfrider elves are so I'm no help.

Allura

I thought I'd posted this here once, but it must have been eaten by the lost year.

Embala

WOW ... the coloring is awesome, Allura! Teir's skin has just the right tan ... not too dark for a fair sinned elf, but sunkissed as it is to be expected by someone running under the bright daystar.

I love how his colors mirror Ember's own. Ember's hair flames as lively as possible - truely a firehead.

The shadowing of skin and clothing turned out fantastic.

Allura

Thank you! Teir is one of my favorites, and this was super fun to color.

RedheadEmber

Okay. I've recently developed a bit of a "theory" regarding Teir's mother, especially the whole If Kahvi is his mother, and left when he was just a tiny baby, how can he remember his mother leaving with his younger brother?

Here's what I think might have happened:

During Kahvi's travels she met Teir's father and recognized him! Not exactly being too fond of the concept of recognition, and perhaps thus not wanting to raise a child born from it, she stayed only long enough for her child (Teir) to be born before she left. I seem to recall somewhere that he was 'raised by wolves', as in was breastfeed by them, maybe his father used his "Animal Communication Skills" to get some stand-in nursemaids for his son...

Then, some years later, Teir's father met another woman and they fell in love. This is the woman Teir refers to when he's talking about "his mother". Together the two had a child, Teir's (half-)brother, born without recognition!
Would also explain why Teir's father said it was easier when Heart Meets Heart.

AnnieC

I've always thought of that thing one of the inconsistencies that haunted those storylines...
It seemed to me like they decided only later that Teir's mother was Kahvi, without checking out if there was anything else stating the contrary...

Embala

This could make sense, Redhead!

Startear

You know what I always thought? There is nearly nothing to back this up properly, but..

I always thought that the angry face Kahvi showed us through the flashbacks was directed at Teir's father, and not the boy himself. Yes, I genuinely believe like many of you that Kahvi would not be too happy with a recognition, no matter who it was. Her distrust towards magic aside, it would be too intimate, intrusive even. But even so, Kahvi has had children before Vaya and Venka. And Venka is a big magic user, and she had no trouble with this! Yes, she wanted Venka to be vengeance towards her father after Rayek destroyed the Lodge... but that plan was set in motion even before she was aware of her babe's magical powers.

What I am trying to say is that Kahvi never really showed her daughter any scorn for her powers, neither do I think she'd give to Teir. But what if her anger in those flashbacks was directed at Teir's father, and wee baby Teir just saw the angry faces, felt the tension between them? Which eventually led both to split up. Then his mind interpreted Kahvi's anger and caged feelings to be against himself too or just because of him? It is very common to think along those lines when you live in a family where there is tension between your guardians/parental figures. Especially when you're very young. (Not to mention, we don't know how young he was. He could have had baby hands for along time, hell my own hands ooks like babyhands, despite being 22 years old! Not that I believe him to be that old. :-P )

Also, if I remember correctly, those shots were 1. person point of view, maybe Teir's father was standing/sitting a little behind? (My internet is too bad for me to check this.)

Again, I have no real solid proof here. But I find it more consistent with Kahvi's character, those flashbacks always seemed weird to me.

Embala

Excellent thoughts, Startear!

Edit: Here's the link

Embala

And here the scene Smile

RedheadEmber

I see your point Startear. At least I think I do...
Maybe leaving Teir with his father wasn't a case of I don't like this boy because of his powers! but more a case of The boy will be better off if I leave him with his father!

And that leads me to something really heartbreaking!
Maybe Kahvi - knowing how her leaving would somehow imprent into the brain of tiny-Teir - was actually planning to go back and set things right with her son...

lunakat

This is wild speculation here- but I think there is a good chance that Tier is going to turn out to be the product of a time loop. Wendy said that a lot of seeming inconsistencies could be explained if we didn't think of time linearly.

It might be possible Tier's father was Tyldak. It's conceivable that Tyldak had an affinity for animals- that could have been why he took up wings, in part- because he felt aligned with the hawks. On the other hand, Tier has grey eyes- that might be relevant. Doesn't Mender have grey eyes? Or am I crazy? Clearbrook does... Could eye color skip a generation? Maybe Pool grows up to be Tier's dad- maybe some of the elves are thrust back in time? Or maybe Kahvi did find the Go Backs after all and recognized one of them. She might have resented recognition in general- as it would have compelled her against her will. Or all these events might just have taken place in that 10,000 year gap. Maybe in that time period, Kahvi and Tyldak found the descendants of the Go Backs wandering the plains- having become the Plainsrunners. And maybe Kahvi recognized one of them- stayed to raise the baby for a while, then left... possibly to confront a danger she didn't want to expose the baby to. (There had to be a reason the whole tribe disappeared! Maybe something wiped them out?)

We already know, because of Skywise, that elves can remember events shortly after birth (maybe because they are essentially born a year and a three months old!). The fact that Tier remembers his early years is not unusual. But his memory might be distorted by his lack of understanding. Kahvi aiming a spear at him might have been her killing a snake that slithered near his head. Heck, maybe he called some dangerous animal to him! Or maybe he was seeing through the eyes of an animal she was about to kill (he can do that, right?). As Redhead pointed out- maybe the angry glances were a result of arguments she was having with the father. Who knows? Maybe the fight was about her leaving.

Whatever Tier's origin story turns out to be- I'm betting there is some kind of a twist.

Embala

Very imaginative ... I love to read such speculations, making think in many different directions!

I would like a twist Wink

RedheadEmber

lunakat said

As Redhead pointed out- maybe the angry glances were a result of arguments she was having with the father.

Actually, it was Startear/DjIH pointing that out.

Hypnotize

Think you broke my brain...

lunakat

I stand fully corrected!

lunakat

A letter to Teir, howled on the wind:

Dear Tier,

You're awfully queer
What on abode are you doing here?

However did you come to knock
On the door of Howling Rock?
Why hang with Ember? Oh the shock
when Mender found he was... er, blocked

Where is your tribe? Why are your pals
just wild, roaming animals?
We were impressed, tall dark and handsome,
till Winnowil held you for ransom.

Now, quite bluntly- what a mess!
Our chronic damsel in distress!
(Just like Redlance. Look- same braids!)
And twisted creatures staging raids.

Are these critters your pals too?
Is your soul name Mary Sue?
Do you plan to hang with us?
Or is your magic dangerous?

Sincerely,

Ember's Tribe

Embala

Laugh Awesome, lunakat! Yeah

Easter EggQuest 2014 reserved for Redhead Ember found

jeb

lunakat said

Doesn't Mender have grey eyes?

Looking at that scene, the character in silhouette sure looks like Mender. That would point to some time traveling business going on.

What a trip to find out that his romantic rival was his son.

I get kind of lost in the details. Were Mender and Kahvi ever in the Sun-Village at the same time?

In the picture on the left, it looks like the remembrance is of breast-feeding. And in the middle, it looks like the spear is pointed at the viewer, but Kahvi seems to be looking up and away. Kind of goes with the idea of her defending him from something.

lunakat

Embala said

Laugh Awesome, lunakat! Yeah

Thanks! Kiss
I thought Tier needed his own poem.

jeb said

Looking at that scene, the character in silhouette sure looks like Mender. That would point to some time traveling business going on.

What a trip to find out that his romantic rival was his son.

I get kind of lost in the details. Were Mender and Kahvi ever in the Sun-Village at the same time?

Yes- they were. Kahvi and Tyldak came to steal the little Palace but ended up in wrapstuff for a long time. I don't know when or how she was released. She seemed fairly into Tyldak back then- but I could see Kahvi playing the field. Did she have the opportunity though?

In the picture on the left, it looks like the remembrance is of breast-feeding. And in the middle, it looks like the spear is pointed at the viewer, but Kahvi seems to be looking up and away. Kind of goes with the idea of her defending him from something.

I agree. She wasn't the type to aim a spear at a baby.

Embala

jeb said

Sort of ...

Kahvi and Tyldak got cocooned after their miscarried raid of Sorrow's End.
They were set free by Newstar during Zey's ambush and the following Elf War.

Mender fought in both battles. Not the best conditions for a "secret Recognition", though ...

RedheadEmber

Wait. Wait. Wait!
Lunakat. Are you... somehow suggesting that Teir is the son of Kahvi and MENDER?

Trollbabe

Spoiler for FQ1:

Isn't Teir becoming something of a drama queen?

RedheadEmber

Dunno... but I have to say that his I can totally do this attitude towards disabling the thrower-things have me even more convinced than ever that he is indeed Kahvi's son...

Embala

His temper ... at times it fits Kahvi ... or any Go-Back. Wink

The flashback pictures together with the line "From the very beginning ... rejection ... abandonment!" seems to prove that he was left by Kahvi, by his mother, at a very young age. Even when I don't like this idea too much ... it's hinted even clearer that Teir might be Kahvi's fawn.

I don't mind his emotional reaction on the braids ... looks for me like an early childhood trauma unearthed by scent. Hm... maybe this has to do with his desperate wish for an own child?
His strange seduction scene on the other hand ... Nuh_uh

Wouldn't judge on drama queen or not from these few scenes, tho. Just let the story and motivations show a bit more .

RedheadEmber

I may have posted this before but this is my theori regarding his family.

Not too long after Tyldak's death Kahvi met, and recognized, Teir's father.
Because Kahvi didn't want the child she stayed around only for Teir to be born and be weaned before she quickly left. We know that she's not generally a bad mother; her treatment of Venka during KoBW seems - at least to me - quite motherly, and losing Vaya was one of the few things that ever made her cry.

When Teir was still very young (a few years at the most) Teir's father met the woman Teir would eventually come to regard as his "mother" and had a child with her: Teir's brother. This would also explain's why Teir's father said that "It's easier when Heart meets Heart." I think Teir honestly believed that his 'adoptive mother', so to speak, was his mother; he'd forgotten everything about Kahvi and only remembered when smelling that braid.
I know that Teir's "mother" and (half-)brother eventually left as well, but two things:

1: The saying of "It's easier when Heart meets Heart." may have orginated before that happened.

2: Even though they eventually left is still was easier.

sulken

BTW, he almost successfully teaches Ember to influence animals ('but the wolf in her was stronger'). Does this mean, his powers are -potentially- powers, which are easier to learn for elves (at least gliding, shape-shifting and probably self-healing are powers any elf might be able to learn)? Ember is no magic-user but she came close.

NEXT PAGE