ELFQUEST
FORUM ARCHIVE     ABOUT EQ     READ ONLINE     SHOP    
ABOUT     READ     SHOP    

Beacon Call Holt

Sofia

Beacon Call Holt is a newly started forum based Holt for people who love culture shocks. Building up a tribe from scratch is fun, deciding who's related to who and such, but it's also fun to create a tribe from scratch in-game!

The setting: A rescue beacon from a shattered Palace is activated by a group of trolls trying to dig it out of a moutain. The defense mechanism in the beacon drives the trolls away and the beacon (malfunctioning) begins to 'rescue' elves from all kinds of realities, trapping them on a new world with only each other (thus far) to rely on.

This means that if you have an already existing elf from a closed Holt or another already written elf, they're welcome here! You can of course create your elf from scratch too, but I know that there are people out there with 'orphaned' elves who might be looking for a new Holt for them. I am one of them after all.

I will be administrating the forum, but anyone interested in being a moderator or even admin is very welcome to the position! The forum also looks very boring right now since I haven't had the time to mess around with the code and am unused to this type of coding. Any help with the forum is very welcome!

The game will start as soon as there are at least two elves in the game. I'm working on my own elf's CIS right now, so there's no rush if you want to take your time with your elf without missing the start of the game. We'll work on the plot and world together, so everyone gets a say in establishing what's going to happen and where we are (of course, if you want to be surprised you can always opt-out of deciding things).

I'm of course also willing to GM now and then or the whole time, depending on what members want.

Questions? Ask them right here! Some might get answered by checking out the info already over at the forum, but I won't be annoyed if you ask anyway :)

Tam

Happy to link to this one on Oakleaf (and probably Wild Forest, but have to double-check with Mia) if you'd like :)

Sofia

Thank you! I'll of course link back :)

Badger

This idea is very interesting. I will register and take a proper look once I have a day off. :)

Sofia

Yay! Take your time with checking the site out and just tell me if you think there's anything that needs adding (info, boards, threads, etc.). It's still a Holt very much in the WIP stage and I want any and all members to have fun and enjoy themselves!

Tam

Link is up on Oakleaf. :)

What sort of commitment are you looking for? In terms of posting and such. Any idea?

Sofia

@Tam: Thank you! I'll be posting links on Beacon Call soon too.

Commitment is up to the members to decide among ourselves. I've got more time to post and maintain a Holt right now than ever before, so if people want a fast-paced Holt I'm all for that, but I don't want to stress anyone out.

In short, any pace the members like and we'll adapt to the person with most commitments elsewhere. The only rule is that if you've been completely inactive for 3 months (i.e. no posts in any part of the forum, IC or OOC) I'll send you an e-mail asking if you still want to be a member.

I really want this to be a fun, no stress Holt, which is also the reason you can have your elf 'disappear' from time to time. 'Disappeared' elves can also come back at any time (since the beacon is malfunctioning) so if you want to take a break from the game, but not have your elf removed permanently, that can be arranged :)

Tam

Fantastic. :) I will likely join with an old character of mine.

Sofia

@Tam: Huzzah, the more the merrier! And there's no stress with sending in the CIS, I'm still working on mine. As soon as the three of us (as we are currently three pending players) have finished up our elves, we can dive right into the start of the game :D

I have some plot ideas that I'll post in the plot discussion thread on the forum, but everyone is encouraged to contribute with big and small ideas if they wish!

Badger

I have also registered, pending approval.

Sofia

@Badger: Approved!

Sofia

Quick reminder to everyone to please read the "Applying for membership"-thread before you register on the forum. I need to know you're not a spambot before I approve your registration.

All threads are visible to non-members, so you're not missing out on any info if you write your elf's CIS before being a registered members :)

If you don't want to e-mail me, you can also contact me via a message here on the Scroll!

Sofia

Beacon Call Holt is still alive and kicking :)

We've got some new members who just joined and have done a timejump to include them so now is an excellent time to jump in as well should you wish to join too!

WolfCandy

Ooo! This seems really awesome... though I'm not sure I have time to create a character this month :( Would it be easy for me to jump in some time in September?

Tam

Probably. :) The holt is kind of designed that way, to allow people to join whenever they can. Now is just a particularly good time, as we just introduced three new characters.

WolfCandy

Okay, thanks! X)

Sofia

Yeah, no stress with making a character! There's always the next time the beacon calls someone ;)

Feel free to have a look around our forum and see if the game looks like a fun place for you! You don't need to sign up to read the posts, you just can't reply to any of the threads.

WolfCandy

I probably will once I get back from vacation :D

Sofia

Great, and have a lovely vacation!

WolfCandy

Thank you! X)

Sofia

The Holt is currently taking a bit of a breather, what with the holidays looming ahead of us and all ;)

But we're not dead, we're just resting! Two new members are working on elves to introduce to the group and the rest of us are just busy with work and other offline things.