ELFQUEST
FORUM ARCHIVE     ABOUT EQ     READ ONLINE     SHOP    
ABOUT     READ     SHOP    

Maintenance

Rob

TRIBESMATES! The site might be down briefly here and there over the weekend as the forum software is updated to the latest version. I'll keep you posted. Until Monday, be sure to save copies of your work offline, lest things go dark while you're composing.

RichardPini

I remember in the before-time, we were stuck with the same software year after year. I am quite happy to put up with a bit of down time, in order to enjoy the benefits of better performance, increased security, etc.

Trollbabe

Thank you! Sorry I missed this. I appreciate the work you put into keeping this site running smoothly.

jeb

I don't know if this was the result of this weekend's maintenance, or around for awhile and I was just oblivious, but I just noticed the page links are at the tops of threads now, too. Thank you!

I just have to remember that they are at the bottom of the first post.

I also like that I can see all my threads from my profile now. I'd forgotten about some of them! I wonder if I can delete some of the ones that have lost their relevancy.

RedheadEmber

Uhm... what happened to the Quote-option?

Embala

Seems to work fine for me, Red. What happened on your side?

Rob

In case of weirdness, first try clearing cooking cookies and browser cache. You don't have to clear the lot, just ones for elfquest.com.

RedheadEmber

Embala said: Seems to work fine for me, Red. What happened on your side?

And now it's working again.

Laurel

Hey Rob,

I couldn't find the original problems thread, figured you would see it here.

The "Mark All Read" button is redirecting back to the site's "Home" page. It does this whether I am logged in or not. It also isn't marking all the threads as read.

Tavie

Love the different colored topic labels.

Tavie

Is it just me, or are the yellow labels showing how many posts in a thread are new appearing inconsistently?

I see some threads that I haven't looked at with a most recent post of June 1, that have no yellow "number"; and others, also with most recent post of June 1, that do.

Heather

I am getting that as well, @tavie

Laurel

Yes, seeing that too.

Also seeing A LOT more spam threads this morning.

Rob

The spammer was removed quickly, thanks to flags! The faster they're flagged, the faster they're nailed.

Rob

Thanks for the bug-reports, everyone. Thankfully, they seem relatively minor and should all be addressed soon.

Embala

I noticed that I cannot edit my old posts anymore. Is this a bug or intentional?

RedheadEmber

You can. If you hold the cursor over your a little wheel-thingy will appear. Click that and a little box with "edit" will appear.

Embala

@RedheadEmber Thanks for the tip, Red. More exactly: a little box with "edit (1 month)" will appear.
No option icon will appear in my OLD posts at all. So it's probably intentional ...

@Rob Looks like old post cannot be edited anymore. Is this a bug or intentional?

jeb

Tavie said: I see some threads that I haven't looked at with a most recent post of June 1, that have no yellow "number"; and others, also with most recent post of June 1, that do.

I might be wrong, but it seems to me that I only get that yellow box for threads I have posted in. It also seems to take me to the last post I read when I click on that thread. If that's the case, then Yay! That's one function I have really been wanting.

Rob

The edit duration setting is the result of my messing with the configuration during upgrades and testing. I'll figure it out and set it back.

Rob

The missing "NEW" boxes are perhaps due to an old cookie from before last weekend's software updates. Logging out and back in again should fix it.

Also, bear in mind that with the new forums, threads imported from the old forums all will be "new". So when they get their first update since the switch, every post in it will register as new until read.

Embala

Rob said: The edit duration setting is the result of my messing with the configuration during upgrades and testing. I'll figure it out and set it back.
Thank you!

RedheadEmber

Rob said: The missing "NEW" boxes are perhaps due to an old cookie from before last weekend's software updates. Logging out and back in again should fix it.

I've found that a topic I haven't actually entered before will have no yellow box. If I then click it and go out the box will appear. Then, if I click the thread again, I'll be taken to the second page because I've already seen the first.

RichardPini

ALERT - This evening (Wednesday) Elfquest.com will be offline once or twice to install a new backup hard drive - no worries. The process should take only a few minutes. If you can't access the site, try again a little later.

Snapz Pro X001