ELFQUEST
FORUM ARCHIVE     ABOUT EQ     READ ONLINE     SHOP    
ABOUT     READ     SHOP    

Duplicate page in The Complete ElfQuest Volume 1?

Kurazaki

Hey everyone!

A couple of days ago I purchased the new amazing ElfQuest book (The Complete ElfQuest Volume 1).
However, while I was at page 405, I noticed that there is a duplicate page?
page. 371 and p.405 are the same in my book. +the page that was supposed to be on page 405 is missing.
-the page on which Aroree whistles to call her bird-

Is this the same in every book or is this just a mistake in my book?
Is this already a known problem?
I searched the internet but I could not find anything yet regarding this :)

Rob

Yep! Don't wanna be whoever proofed those galleys :D

RichardPini

That would be me, among a few others. Guess it's fall-on-my-sword time...

lunakat

No way !

lunakat

I wanted to get that for my niece's birthday- drat. But if I do she will be missing part of the story. Can we just get that missing page reprinted? Is that possible?

lunakat

You know- to staple it in...

Thornbrake

First print run is now a collector's item! Buy 'em up so there will be a second printing with the correct pages. O:-)

Kurazaki

Lunakat:

The page that is missing does not give vital information for the rest of the story :)
So even if you buy this volume, your niece will be able to follow the story perfectly.
Also, the book has sooo many pages that a missing page will not influence the whole story :)

the page that is missing shows aroree whisteling so that her bird will come to her, which it does. And then the next page is already in the book.

lunakat

Whaaaa!

travelbug

At least its only one page ;)

In my Father Tree Press vol 2 The Forbidden Grove pages 13-28 are duplicated, and pages 14-44 are missing.
As I have the original quest in a few different editions, it doesn't bug me very much, but it was disapointing back when I got all 9 volumes as a gift and was reading Elfquest in English for the first time.

RedheadEmber

RichardPini said: That would be me, among a few others. Guess it's fall-on-my-sword time...

No need for that! Just... go an entire month without making any puns! >:)

travelbug

I dont think Elfpop can manage that long, not making puns ;)

RedheadEmber

Exactly! >:)