ELFQUEST
FORUM ARCHIVE     ABOUT EQ     READ ONLINE     SHOP    
ABOUT     READ     SHOP    

How did Egg,Brace, and the 2 Doors survive?

Potoooooooo111

Ok, I know that it is mentioned that Winnowill gave them a potion from time to time.Just what could that potion have been? Also, how were they able to relieve themselves?

travelbug

Some sort of herbal, nutritious potion? I dont think it is specified exactly what it was.

In the novel, Leetah discovers when she touches Brace, that his heart beats much slower than other living elves. (Brace and the Door's were pretty much just existing, not living)
I think as their bodies didnt really need much, maybe the potion was simply absorbed into their bodies.
Who would do their stoneshaper jobs, while they were outside to pee? At least in Brace's case, the wall would fall down, if he left.

(Edit: sorry Rob :) )

Rob

Leetah. ;)

Trollbabe

There was a character like that in an old anime series. The main character, Captain Harlock, had a crew member who was a wispy Erte-like female alien, who drank a potion rather than eating. However, the series may have come along too late to be the inspiration for the four Gliders.

I wonder if Winnowill did so many nasty things to other Elves because she was mad that she couldn't fly.

lunakat

Trollbabe said: I wonder if Winnowill did so many nasty things to other Elves because she was mad that she couldn't fly.

I thought that brace, door, door and egg all chose their jobs. (Well, except, maybe for Winnowil's door!) They were immortal- and their whole society was into abstraction and contemplation. I think they just lost themselves in their work. They loved what they did and they did it until they became it. Because there was no urgency to their centuries long lives... it was probably more interesting to be a rock than to wander around Blue Mountain for another hundred years as an elf.

RedheadEmber

Maybe they wear diapers! >:)

lunakat

Maybe they don't wear anything, and they just flush it down into the rock. You know... like how Ekuar handled wolf oopsies in the palace.

RedheadEmber

Oh... so their thrones are... well... "thrones"?

Stefan

By song..

Trollbabe

so their thrones are... well... "thrones"?

:))

RedheadEmber

:-\"