ELFQUEST
FORUM ARCHIVE     ABOUT EQ     READ ONLINE     SHOP    
ABOUT     READ     SHOP    

Four New Graphic Novels from Dark Horse

Thornbrake

Here's a handy listing of the four new graphic novels either already out or slated to premiere in the next 7 months:

The Complete Elfquest - Volume 1
Collects the entire Original Quest in crisp black and white. 720 pages for only $24.99
Order it here.
Complete Elfquest Vol 1 actual

Elfquest: The Original Quest Gallery Edition
Collects first five issues of the Original Quest at the original size of the art (approx 18x12") and with Wendy's sketch marks and notes. This is for real collector's edition at approx. $99.99
Order it here.
Gallery Edition Cover

The Complete Elfquest - Volume 2
Collects the Siege at Blue Mountain and Kings of the Broken Wheels storylines in crisp black and white. 522 pages for just $24.99.
Order it here.
Complete Elfquest Vol 2

The Final Quest - Volume 1
Collects the first six issues of the Final Quest, plus the Final Quest Special. Full color. $16.99.
Order it here.
Final Quest GN Vol 1

Embala

Nice to have a them gathered as a "check list".

Night_Tanem

I've bought the first book and I LOVE it. Does anyone know if this book will also be published in color?

Thornbrake

Night_Tanem said: I've bought the first book and I LOVE it. Does anyone know if this book will also be published in color?

I think that's entirely dependent on sales of Final Quest and these first four graphic novel compilations. Seems like Dark Horse didn't want to just repeat what DC did with the Archives color editions, but wanted to put something out there new. But my guess if these sell well, and enough of us clamor for color by emailing elfquest@darkhorse.com, we'll get some color books too.

Night_Tanem

I never got an answer to my question and I'm wandering if I passed on a wrong address or they still didn't have time to answer so I'll be patient just a little more O:-) and then just start nagging for the book in color until they know my real name (not short nor easy) by heart \m/

RichardPini

Night_Tanem said: I never got an answer to my question and I'm wandering if I passed on a wrong address or they still didn't have time to answer so I'll be patient just a little more O:-) and then just start nagging for the book in color until they know my real name (not short nor easy) by heart

I'm not sure if they answer individual emails. If not, my hope would be it's because (a) they're getting a lot of emails and requests, and so (b) they're that busy figuring out whether or not a color release of "Complete EQ" would make good economic sense. We'd all love to see such a thing, no question about that. Having been on both sides of the publisher's desk (as both creator and bean counter) I am always torn between the two considerations.

Night_Tanem

RicharPini said: Having been on both sides of the publisher's desk (as both creator and bean counter) I am always torn between the two considerations.

I double checked my mail and got an answer end of May saying that they had a lot of work and that it will take some time to answer me. This must mean they (a) still didn't get true the mails, which seems very possible, or they (b) erased the mail by accident and can't answer anymore (been there, done that). Either way, I got the book I had questions about so I'm a happy camper.