ELFQUEST
FORUM ARCHIVE     ABOUT EQ     READ ONLINE     SHOP    
ABOUT     READ     SHOP    

Twins?

Knightbird

Have you noticed the use of twins? Other then Ember and Sunstream, there is Krill & Brill and Angrif Junn & Gifa.

It was awesome that Sunstream recognized Brill. Ember would go 'one on one' with Angrif was foreshadowed early. I can see there might be another set of twins in the wings somewhere having to do with Ember and Sunstream. :-S

Embala

What do you mean: "another set of twins in the wings somewhere having to do with Ember and Sunstream"?

RedheadEmber

Where does it say that Angrif and Gifa were twins?

Knightbird

ElfQuest Vol 2 #10 "Wild Hunt"...
gifa

Knightbird

I mean like..well...(just a shot in the dark) Could Teir have a twin? He talks about being alone all the time, maybe he feels it. OR could Ember have twins with Teir? Just some thoughts.

lunakat

Twins twins twins twins, twins twins twins twins- twins!

travelbug

Other twins: Owl and Greywolf, Darkwind and Moonfire (or was it Stars Dancing?)

Knightbird

OK here is my take on this business with Teir and Ember. This is my guess and my opinion. What if Teir DID have a twin who died as a child or baby? Kahvi could have been over come with grief and adopted him out. Her grief would also be the reason to want to get out of living. What Windkin says at the Final Quest #4 would make sense, "Does one with our shared blood walk with you?" also referring to either twin.

But it stands to reason that Sunstream recognized a twin, Ember might also.

travelbug

I haven't thought about it in that way, but everything is a possibility ;)

Leanan

travelbug said: Other twins: Owl and Greywolf, Darkwind and Moonfire (or was it Stars Dancing?)

They were twins? But what about this panel:

twins

Tam

Retconning? The forgetfulness of Wolfriders? The hazy nature of history? The wibbly-wobbly canonical status of the BoTC stories?

travelbug

What Tam said :)

"The quest begins" are drawn around 1980 (the front page are at least dated then) so at that point there were no other twins in Elfquest history.
The blood of ten chiefs are first printed in 1986, I think little differences can happen when the past is added to the story afterwards.
The wolfriders live in the now, they dont really remember that much about the elves that lived back in the time of Prey-Pacer.

Tavie

I hope Ember and Teir fulfill recognition and Ember bears twins. That'd be neat. I love all the twins in Elfquest. I'm biased maybe, because I'm a twin, but I think fraternal twins are the best. ;)

:-S :-j

MultiFacets

Another fraternal twin here. (high-fives Tavie)

Zeina

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

For Final Quest 7:

Ember and Tier's new swords that Treestump made are called 'Twin Flames'. I dunno. I just also find it kind of interesting.

Tam

Heh. I'm guessing it's just a Recognition thing...hopefully not a hint at twins for them. Ember doesn't even want ONE cub right now, I can't imagine her being ready for TWO when the time comes. XD IF the time comes.

MultiFacets

Twins would probably make Ember let her splinter tribe raise them as soon as possible. I don't say that to cast doubt on Ember's ability to be a good parent; I'm sure she would be. I'm also sure she'd love them very much. But the rest of the tribe would have to come first.

travelbug

Maybe Ember's path doesn't include cubs at all?

Knightbird

Zeina said: Ember and Tier's new swords that Treestump made are called 'Twin Flames'. I dunno. I just also find it kind of interesting.

AWESOME! Can't wait to start reading. I have my Digital copy posed and ready. I have a couple things to do this morning so after, it's me time.

manga

travelbug said: Maybe Ember's path doesn't include cubs at all?

Next up for the Wolfrider Tribe v. 2 : Succession crisis! Who will be chief on Chief Ember's death? Two factions vie for the chiefship while a third pushes for a revolution: democracy!

On topic: I was hoping for Sunstream and Brill to have twins and I hope Shen-shen has twins. I want it to be a natural development. (Hey, if Recognition is some kind of controlled-evolution, I think we should see some of these changes. Ember's "no cubs" change is kind of the opposite of evolution - it's a dead end.)

travelbug

I think maybe she'll die in battle ?

In Embers tribe right now, Teir (and maybe Dart) seems to be next in line

lunakat

travelbug said: I think maybe she'll die in battle ?

Ember? Geez! That would explain the die-out of the Wolfriders for certain.

travelbug

Very depressing speculations 8->
From the few things we know so far, it doesn't seem very likely that she will go with the palace.
So that leaves stay and hide or fight. Ember fights if she has to.

Zeina

Heh. I'm guessing it's just a Recognition thing...hopefully not a hint at twins for them. Ember doesn't even want ONE cub right now, I can't imagine her being ready for TWO when the time comes. XD IF the time comes.

Yes, definitely a recognition thing. I just thought it was an interesting addition to the twin convo ;)

Also: If Ember dies now it would be really lame. I mean, her character seems still undefined in a lot of ways so it would feel strange if her life was cut short now.