ELFQUEST
FORUM ARCHIVE     ABOUT EQ     READ ONLINE     SHOP    
ABOUT     READ     SHOP    

Blue Coyote's fan art

Blue_Coyote

Ok, so here is my avatar full sized (I made a close-up version for my profile pic)
Elfquest char-color
I plan to do more, the actual characters (like I love Chitter, I'll probly do her first) and maybe some motion tests (can we post gifs here?)

Night_Tanem

Looks good!
I think I've seen some of those here but I'm not sure. A more experienced member will probably give you the correct answer soon ;)

Tam

61816-9th-doctor-who-gif-skZr

Tam

Looks like a no. Nine is supposed to move. XD

Blue_Coyote

Night_Tanem- Thank you!
Tam- Dang, well I guess for the motion-test I'll just post a link to my DevArt page or Tumblr.

Embala

Nice to meet you, Blue_Cojote. :) I like the patchwork style and the forest colors - believable duds for a wood-dwelling elf, who uses whatever she can get. Carefully worked details ... makes it individual and shows a sense for beauty besides practical needs.

Expressive face ... she looks like a matured one who has expierianced a lot. How's her name?

Blue_Coyote

Embala- Thanks for your kind words, I'm so happy to have found this site and have a chance to talk about one of my all-time favorite comics with like-minded people! I was going for the classic Wolfrider look with her, I always identified with the Wolfriders the most. I was going a bit for a mix between Clearbrook and Joyleaf's looks. I haven't thought of a name yet, she's sort of supposed to be an elf version of myself (but without the dyed hair). I'm open to name suggestions if anyone has ideas.

Delhya

Maybe something with maple in it? Do you have a fav tree or something woodsy that speaks to you? My avatar picture is Summerglen, my first elf I made. ^_^

Llannen

Feather? I love the way the blue feathers on her arm cuff pop in a different color.

Leanan

Nice art!

You actually CAN post .gifs here. But you have to upload them to someplace like photobucket.com first, and then link to them by using the image button (next to the big green C) in the comment tools.

Blue_Coyote

Delhya- Oh dang, I meant the leaves to be oak, to go with the acorns... whoops!
Llannen- I was thinking maybe something like Leaf Fall or Blue Jay (since I was trying to make them Jay feathers (and blue is my favorite color)
Leanan- Thanks! I saw a gif posted in another thread and was wondering how to make it work.

Blue_Coyote

Here's one of my character riding her coywolf. I'm thinking of her name being Featherfall and the coywolf being Autumn.
Elfquest coyoterider-color

Delhya

WHEEEEEE!!! What a fun picture! ^_^

Embala

Blue_Coyote said: Oh dang, I meant the leaves to be oak, to go with the acorns...
There are different types of oak trees. I'm used to the leaves with the rounded lobe tips here but can easily see the ones with sharp lobe tips in the pattern used by your elf.

Featherfall ... I like the ring of it. Look at her "To Hunt - To Howl - To Live Free" ... she shows! All the exitement and joy and need for hunt ... your drawing really brings her to live. And Autumn's look is very true to her(?) name. Great drawing!