ELFQUEST
FORUM ARCHIVE     ABOUT EQ     READ ONLINE     SHOP    
ABOUT     READ     SHOP    

Old Artwork/Givaway for furture events?

WhiteMist

I rediscoverd this old artwork frame, drawn by Wendy Pini in 1989. (As the cover of the 1990 calendar) Very beautiful and mysterious. Although it shows a very uncommon scenery, it is with no doubt related to ElfQuest. See the Wolfrider embleme on her chest, NewMoon on her side, the "Water-elftrolls" in de front and the wolfs on the background.

Also, as it is hinted to, next issues will be focusing on the shaping of the metal of the World of Two Moons. Look at her "crown" and her shiny sword! It is glowing! Maby a new kind of magic power? The ability to form metal by magic? So exiting!

Is this Future-Ember? Her offspring? Another Future Elf-chief to-be????
A human developed magic? (Similar to Shuna who will be able to send in the future, see Searcher and the Sword)
Or just a fantasy going "what -if"?

1990 Wolfriders-Elfquest

travelbug

I think this picture came up in a tread this summer, and it seemed like everybody knew it was Ember. Very facinating portrait, I imagine it beeing events to come.
I have only seen this one two times, and I remember seing the one of Goodtree somewhere.

travelbug

Found this :)

Looks like Ember's portrait is the only one that might be in the future? Or maybe it is from a piece of the story that has changed direction since then, and wont happen?

Leanan

She has five fingers on her hands...

travelbug

..and elfin ears :)

WhiteMist

travelbug said: Found this :)

Thanks so much! And yes, she has 5 fingers. But Jink has them as a shapeshifter as well. So the whole human/elf thing is becoming more intertwine....

WhiteMist

The creatures seem to have the combination of 5 fingers and pointy ears as well...

Tam

Could also just be a "what if" picture. ;)