ELFQUEST
FORUM ARCHIVE     ABOUT EQ     READ ONLINE     SHOP    
ABOUT     READ     SHOP    

I was thinking, what if Ember and Teir Recognize, what will they have. so i drew me a picture..

Eyeshigh

Hello, it has been a long time since i was here, but i missed you all!
Now with the FQ I also started drawing again. And my first thought was.. what will Ember and Teir have when and if they Recognized... First i thought of a girl, but to mess with Teirs's mom I went for a boy! Lol.
A Redhead! So here he is!!
20141008_152401

Tavie

Welcome back! He's adorable - I love it when they wear tights that turn into shoes. It just seems more "elfy", hee hee.

Great curly hair and I like the fur vest, nod to his grandsire!

You going to do a colored version so we can see the red hair?

RedheadEmber

Technically they already have Recognized! :P

Eyeshigh

Yup, but i didn't want to spoil it, lol. I hope i have the time to color it.... his hair is a bit to think about.... i have made his head too, it is a bit like dreadlocks...

Eyeshigh

Eyeshigh

Thx Tavie, have been very busy, but hope to be here more from now on

Vaeri

it would be kind of nice if you could flip the pictures around so they're properly up right....XD

in that second picture, i personally think the face and jaw are a bit too wide. wonder if a child of Ember and Teir would really have a cub with that feral of a grin...O.o..

RedheadEmber

Vaeri said: wonder if a child of Ember and Teir would really have a cub with that feral of a grin...O.o..

Now you're moving onto the next generation... :-j

Eyeshigh

I did flip them.... but they still came out like this..... :-?

Sifra

He looks good! Does he have a name yet? I like his hair and the grin (maybe one of his grandparents had a grin like that?)
You are totally right that it should be a boy! They should have boys for at least three generations, just to mess with Teirs mom! :D

Eyeshigh

Thank you Sifra! But didn't Bearclaw had a grin like that? "Come and get me if you dare, Troll!" Haha, but could also be a Gliders's grin.... :-bd

Night_Tanem

Beautiful :-O Can't wait to see this in color!
I wanted to check the rest of the threads you made but most drawings aren't visible anymore. Hopefully we will be able to see more of your drawings!

Eyeshigh

Thank you!
I will search my computer... most of my posts are more then 2 years old...... i have been here in between, but more as a visitor.

Night_Tanem

Eyeshigh said: I will search my computer

:bz

travelbug

Eyeshigh : I did flip them.... but they still came out like this.....

That happens to me as well when I post from my ipad

lunakat

I like how he's being all sexy casual about doing a one-armed, sideways push-up on his spear. Too cool for school.

Blue_Coyote

I think the second one shows a lot of character, also he has Teir's jaw and Ember's cheekbones. Excited to see color versions.

Eyeshigh

Thank you all!
I will color him soon. Any ideas on the colors of his clothes?
It is nice to see some longtime friends/members here Lunakat ;) and a lott of new ones

Vaeri

i hope you don't mind, but i went ahead and flipped those images for you...sorry, it was driving me nuts!

http://i39.servimg.com/u/f39/17/57/51/90/1xgteq10.jpg

http://i39.servimg.com/u/f39/17/57/51/90/f10bwr10.jpg

now you can just copy and paste, edit your posts.^^

maybe he'd have a dark teal/blue? couple of greens?

Eyeshigh

I don't mind at all! I took the pictures with my tablet and i heard others have the same problem....

Here they are!

I like the colors! And i think i will go for a redhead with a touch of brown in his hair. Green eyes or grey.... not sure yet.

travelbug

I think grey eyes, it would make him stand out :) i can not think of anyone with red hair and grey eyes.
Red hair and green eyes combination is used more often. Redlance, Huntress Skyfire, Kaslen, Redcrest, Leetha and Shenshen all have different shades of it.
(I'm probably forgetting somebody)

Eyeshigh

Thought of grey eyes too! Well, i hope i can find the time to color him soon... Keep you posted!

RedheadEmber

travelbug said: Red hair and green eyes combination is used more often. Redlance, Huntress Skyfire, Kaslen, Redcrest, Leetha and Shenshen all have different shades of it.
(I'm probably forgetting somebody)

Like... this particular cub's mother? :-j

At least I think her eyes are supposed to be green...

Eyeshigh

Aren't they blue?

Tavie

Blue-green

travelbug

Ember's eyes are described as blue-green, the perfect blend between her parents eyecolors, in The wolfriders guide.
Their eyecolors show very well in the HY issue where the place goes to the Sun Village and Ember meet Mender

Eyeshigh

Thx, maybe my character gets a grey/blue color... depending on his mood...
Now i need a name.
And maybe his magic powers????

RedheadEmber

I don't think he should have magic powers.

Eyeshigh

No me neither.... but if what would his skill be? The spear is his weapon. A good hunter? Talker to animals like his father?

Vaeri

maybe he should be a similar personality to one of the chief's from the past. not two spear! though i could see maybe a bit of Rahnee...

RedheadEmber

Or... Prey-Pacer. Didn't Prey-Pacer have such strong animal-bonding powers that he almost couldn't communicate with other elves?

travelbug

Prey-Pacer was really good at sending to animals, but bad at sending to other elves.
I wish he was drawn properly in a comic, there is so few pictures of him

RedheadEmber

Just something I realised: I think we all believed that Teir had inherited his powers from his father (ie his adopted father) but of course he couldn't; he wasn't actually related to him.
Maybe Teir inherited his powers from his great-grandfather.

Vaeri

great grandfather...? but if Teir is indeed Kavhi's son, then...let's see, his grandfather would be Two Spear...so his great grandpa would be..hm yah, Prey-pacer.

travelbug

But Teir remember the father he knew calling birds from the sky.
O

Tyldak is his other grandfather, the gliders did bond with birds.
tyldak was able to connect with Kureels old bondbird, to get Kahvi, Yun and Chot to the Sun Village

RedheadEmber

travelbug said: But Teir remember the father he knew calling birds from the sky.

He was also a descendant of Go-Backs, maybe a closer relative of the Chief's line than we thought...

Tam

Teir's magic also seems to be teachable, like when he tried to teach Ember. So he may have gotten it from his adoptive father, just through learning, not blood.

Throwing in my vote for NOT another animal mimic. I've had enough of them, I'm super over it. XD

Eyeshigh

Why not just a skill, like Tanner had?
Or the power of fire? Flamed by the present of the Palace.
Or another "forgotten" power.

travelbug

If he can't be simply very good with a spear, I wote for firemaker.
As it seems like Zarhan Fastfire was the last one, I'd say its about time ;)

Eyeshigh

I think i will go for that.
Is there also a power for water? Haven't seen that at all..?!
We have rock, air, plants, mind, flesh (healing and shapechanging), fire, bonding.. what else?

Oh and he is most definit good with a spear, the best at the moment. He gets teaching from Pike and Kahvi, lol. When she sees she could be proud of him ofcourse.

Tam

Watershaping...see Surge. ;)

Eyeshigh

Ah, true!!! Thx!

lunakat

Graywolf was closer to wolves than to elves- it's possible the power could have come from him somehow. Maybe it was latent.

Eyeshigh

Yes! And Go-Backs are descendents of Wolfriders there should be a small trace of magic in them, especially after the big orgy they had with ... the Wolfriders, lol. Go-Back didn't see the usefullness of magic, but that doesn't mean they didn't have it. They just didn't explore the possibility!

RedheadEmber

There was this kid, Trof, who could levitate stuff.

Embala

That's a restart with a BANG, Eyeshigh!

"Spear" is a sexy guy :) ... he has the best of Teir and Strongbow in my eyes. And Embers locks. Handsome and skilled with a feral mood at times! (imagine Glider and Kahvi and Bearclaw meet in this grin ...^^)

I love his hair-do and features - the comparably wide jaw makes him outstanding. The outfit is very catchy and recognizable, too. The fur vest looks great on him and is a nod to his grandfather. He'd fit wonderful in the chiefs line!
Looking forward to see him colored. I like the idea of grey eyes going with reddish hair for him.

About magical powers - don't see a necessity for a special magical skill for hin. Then again .... it's a while the Wolfrider's had a magic user in their chiefs line. There is one power that was not seen befor this way ... and would make sense for plainsrunners. A special kind of watershaper - a raincaller. Just a thought...

Awesome drawings, Eyeshigh! I hope to see more soon.

Eyeshigh

Thank you @Embala. Spear would be a good name, a selfchosen one, since his weapon of choice is Spear.
And if he will have a magic power i think it will be firestarter. My hope is that, when Ember and Teir finally act on Recognition, he will be convieved in the Palace and because of that this old ability will be "re-born" so to speak...since Zarhan is one of his ancestors from both sides.
I was going for a Glider, Bearclaw-grin, so i am happy it worked, lol.
I have been very busy lately, but hope to start soon on my colered version :)

It is great to be back!

Eyeshigh

.... feel really sad right now... my external drive crashed.... and it had all my elfquestpictures, drawings and other related stuff on it..... hope i can find it back, but so far no luck... =((

Elwing

ow, that's bad...I hope you can salvage your stuff!

Embala

Oh NOOooo....! :(( Would be an awful loss, Eyeshigh. *hugs* I hope there is a way to fix it and save your art. Good luck.

btw: in case you have uploaded on the old EQ gallery - those pictures are still saved somewhere. Not your "original", maybe downsized ... but you'd have at least something. In case you had a picture gallery here - contact the admins.

Hope it will work out well with the external drive. *crossing fingers*

RedheadEmber

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eyeshigh

You never guess what happend!!!!!!

I was sooooooooo frustrated with the drive i shook it a couple of times. I was sure i totally broke the thing.... nothing happend.

But then, and yes i know not very good of me, i slapped the thing, told it i would throw it out the window and replace it with a better one!

And it listened!!!!
It is working!!
Never i have been so happy with a sour hand, lol.
Soon i will put some of my art here again, as requested.
I remember we used to have a gallery, or was that on another site? Elfquest Fansite???

Embala

That's Fab, EyesHigh *dancing* Don't trust this drive too much, tho. Can you make a savety copy somewhere? Would be better!
Have a tech take a look at it - or replace it nevertheless. Or both. Slaps CAN work ... usually only temporary, tho. *crossing fingers*

There is EQFA - a site MADE for artists by artist with huge galleries. And we had a gallery here.

Eyeshigh

Yes, i have made copies on a separete drive, a new one! Hop that one will not crash soon, lol.

Yes, does that site still excist, i was a member, but at some point nothing much happend there, so i stopped visiting....:(

Embala

GOOOOOD! *-:)

RedheadEmber

You have Electric Speech Powers? Awesome! B-)

Eyeshigh

Hahaha! Maybe that is a sign as to Spears' powers!

RedheadEmber

He wouldn't have much use of Electric Speech Powers.

Embala

Eyeshigh said: Yes, does that site still excist, i was a member, but at some point nothing much happend there, so i stopped visiting....:(

Yes, the side is still alive: http://www.elfquestfanart.net/ :)
Last I've noticed is that they are working on a 2015 calendar.

About Spear ... it was a "working name", to address him more easily than as "the what-if son of ...." - simple and obvious. I'm glad you like it!
When his powers are defined maybe you can add a hint of it to his name and make it specific..

Eyeshigh

I have re-regi. myself. I saw one piece of art. It was of the calander then and now, not sure what year it was. I made the Father Tree and Thorny Mountainholt, it was used as the cover ;)