I've just received the Gallery Edition and i must say it is of a quite sizeable format.
What i loved is that this collection made me gaze at the pages as if i was looking at them for the very first time. The amount of details that i missed or looked over in the previous editions shined off of the pages as bright as the sun. (To be honest, book 1 never was my favorite part of the OQ)
This edition made me appreciate it more than i used to.
Never had a book with this high of a production value.
- Thick, high quality paper. (i almost felt like putting on gloves)
- The overall design was beautiful, from lettering to the images used as inlays
- The cover design is classy but playful. Loved the colour of it..It looks woodsy and organic to me.
- Loved Richard's introduction and the little sketch of both Richard and Wendy at the back.
The images that stood out for me (thanks to the larger format)
- Leetah's expression at the end of ish 3, Wolfsong.
- Savah's introduction page at the start of issue 3. The use of white out gave it a magic (no pun intended) feel.
- Cutter threatening Greymung, his back towards the reader. His hair is amazing. Also use of white out.
- Dewshine's face after her knockout in ish 5.
- The bridge of Destiny,
- The overall look of the desert that i didn't notice before.. the shading is amazing.
I could go on and gush some more but i won't.
For those who are on the fence of getting this edition i recommend on saving up and buy it. It's more than worth the price.
I can't wait to see Book three in this size and with all the corrections..
In this instance, size does matter.
want.. so... hard...
Best money spent ever.
Me always puts on gloves....regardless
Would love to have one too, but at the moment... sign.
Enjoy reading ;)
It is a thing of beauty. I am in a second Recognition with the original quest right now. If they decide to make the rest, I will happily buy them all.
Stefan said: What i loved is that this collection made me gaze at the pages as if i was looking at them for the very first time. The amount of details that i missed or looked over in the previous editions shined off of the pages as bright as the sun.
And, did you get it? :>
Still need to get to my comic shop. And YES, I will - one way or the other.
You're going to love it... (i keep it in the box it came in though, wouldn't want something to happen to it)
Also, i wonder if /when number two will be out..
I'll tell when I've got it. :)
Got it! :) My comic shop actually had ONE on stock.
I learn to appreciate b/w comis more and more. Actually - Wendy's b/w artwork.
Will take some time to go throught it from beginning to end - must be truely leisure time to give it justice. I like to take close looks on the "background figures" which were characteristic and individual even in the small copies.
Of course I'm still a confessing color freak - so the colored cover art and character plates were a pleasant surprise. It's a pity the Cutter plate isn't in the collection ... it's like a major piece missing. I love this "oldfashioned" hand coloring so much.
I know there's a lot to discover in the b/w pages ... will keep me happily busy for a long time.
Great! Enjoy :)
Thanks !Nonna I do!