ELFQUEST
FORUM ARCHIVE     ABOUT EQ     READ ONLINE     SHOP    
ABOUT     READ     SHOP    

Idea To Raise Funds For Elfquest Cartoon / Movie

Loren

I have been a long time fan and feel that the rest of the world needs to finally
be exposed to all that is ELFQUEST. An idea is to have Original Artwork auctioned
off to pay for the Pinisto hire an Indy cartoon co to make a 10 minute preview
to send to Disney or other company and finally get the ball rolling. I believe this
would re ignite the entire interest and bring an entirely new audience to our
beloved characters...what do you think?

Loren

I mean seriously if Gene Simmons of KISS can have a cartoon...why not ELFQUEST?

Knightbird

You know another way is Kickstarter. With as many fans as ElfQuest has, you would think we could shoot this past the stars. ;)

travelbug

I think a kickstarter project could stand a good chance, concidering the massive support for the Elfquest game :)
But I have the impression that Elfmom and Elfpop wants to focus the comics for now?

lunakat

Do you guys have any idea how much it costs, how many people are needed and how much time it takes to make a full length, animated, feature film? Much less a good one?

marinayurk

The good animated film
and the good movie cost
much. Here big money,
real talent and small
inspiration are necessary.

marinayurk

It is possible to test for a
start on short history. I
offer history when the
come back attacked the
End of Sorrows (oasis).

marinayurk

I apologize for the
wrong names.

lunakat

Oh-sorry! I didn't read this right the first time. You want to make an animated short.

I actually don't know that that is necessary for pitching to a studio, honestly- or that it would even convince them. I mean- they are able to look at comic books or books and decide to make movies out of them all the time, without needing to see a short film version first. But I guess it couldn't hurt.

marinayurk

It is possible to tell that
the cartoon will be
interesting to people.
That there are a lot of
fans worldwide. That
there will be a big
benefit.

Trollbabe

I think this is a good idea, and would like to suggest it be part of a wider campaign.

My next suggestion would be to identify the decision-makers, then determine the best way to establish a relationship with them.