ELFQUEST
FORUM ARCHIVE     ABOUT EQ     READ ONLINE     SHOP    
ABOUT     READ     SHOP    

The Many Layers of Egg (the EQ story)

Knightbird

I believe it was Ryan Brown who mentioned in the ElfQuest Show how the story of ElfQuest reminded him of Egg. How each changing layer changes the meaning of the others. How true....

I have been cleaning up my comics, because I want to leave the collection to my nieces and nephews (I have no husband or children). I'm just about to turn 49 and with a diabetes (since May of this year), I just got me to thinking about my own morality.

I went the whole 'nine yards', better boards, bags and filling in missing issues. I even designed better 'comic tags' for each one. They are like credits for each comic. I'm currently going through "Hidden Years" when this thought hit me.

Near the end of Hidden Years, Ember's tribes decides to deliver Teir to the beasts. It is ironic that it would be Dewshine to do this deed. Just thinking out loud.

RedheadEmber

Near the end of Hidden Years, Ember's tribes decides to deliver Teir to the beasts. It is ironic that it would be Dewshine to do this deed. Just thinking out loud.

Indeed. Been thinking that since it was revealed that Teir might possibly be the son of Windkin. (Even more since it got confirmed.)

Knightbird

I also find it interesting that Scouter has taken up Treestump's role. I mean, Treestump was a voice of age, the wise uncle to Cutter. Scouter said it was a good idea for Ember to give Teir something to do and that he would help him. Not realizing that he was (in all since of the word) Teir's Grandfather.

travelbug

I like Scouter's new role too :)

RedheadEmber

That's another cool thing; during OQ Scouter and Dewshine were the young ones, now they're Elders. But of course, with Ember's tribe there are only three who we know for sure are younger than 500 years; Ember, Pool and Sust.

Knightbird

Now the youngest is going to be FreeTouch. Looking at the latest story and seeing most of the original tribe being with Cutter kind-of reminds me of the 'Shards' story line. The young will carry on the dream (like Skot's dream from "Dreamtime") and the elders will explore more about the Palace, more of themselves.