ELFQUEST
FORUM ARCHIVE     ABOUT EQ     READ ONLINE     SHOP    
ABOUT     READ     SHOP    

New Pic

lunakat

I guess this is after Cutter has his freak out?

https://facebook.com/elfquest/photos/a.194251154590.128197.162709964590/10152875203959591/?type=1&theater

lunakat

"From Wendy: "We Wolfriders don't have names for what we have...only for what we don't have." What's the price of happiness? That's the major theme of Elfquest - The Final Quest Issue 8. The choices just keep getting tougher and tougher..."

Embala

Or... it is before? They made a hard dicision .. and something even worse happened?
I hate the foreshading of loss ... but I LOVE the drawing. The composition proves closeness and love - whatever will happen. Sheer beauty.

Thank you for picnapping, lunakat!

lunakat

Well said, Embala. It looked to me as if they were comforting him- but you could easily be right!

lunakat

Another new picture.

From Wendy: "From elfmom: All pop life coaches and a good many New Age thinkers say "being true to who you are and doing what ignites your passion leads to real happiness." Ummmmm...I would qualify that with "happiness in the moment." Long term happiness? Is there such a thing? And is there a price to pay for being true to your calling, no matter what? Elfquest - The Final Quest is taking a deep and probing look into that question - and not just for Cutter - right now."

https://facebook.com/elfquest/photos/a.194251154590.128197.162709964590/10152955319754591/

Embala

A soulful one.

Young Cutter had to face hard times and difficult decisions ... looks like it will become even harder for matured Cutter.

Thanks again for bringing it to the Scroll, lunakat.

Sifra

That's a very interesting thema, especially if they will explore the less simplistic, sunny side of it.

lunakat

Sifra said: That's a very interesting thema, especially if they will explore the less simplistic, sunny side of it.

I think they always have. At the end of the first quest, Skywise has the choice of being with Cutter or staying in the Palace. He chooses Cutter... that time. But who knows what will happen in the future? Arorree has to make a similarly difficult choice when she decides she wants freedom from Blue Mountain. She has to completely sever ties with her people- and, in fact, never sees them again.

Nonna and Adar made that choice when they chose to marry. Nonna left her tribe- and then, they were ostracized from his. Olbar's daughter sort of impetuously did the same thing. LIttle Patch had the same decision to make.

Rayek also left his people forever to go find himself... though, granted, he didn't seem that attached to them in the first place. You could also say that Leetah had a difficult choice to make- twice. First, in choosing between Cutter and Rayek- and secondly in deciding to follow Cutter.

The GoBacks were in the habit of sacrificing... so it probably didn't read like a big deal for them- but they did give up a lot for the Palace. Kahvi in particular. And then, there was Tyldak. He gave up his form and his independence in order to have wings. He got his passion- but at what cost?

The question, I guess, is what's next? I think we probably know.

Sifra

Yes, you are right. And they are all very good examples.