ELFQUEST
FORUM ARCHIVE     ABOUT EQ     READ ONLINE     SHOP    
ABOUT     READ     SHOP    

Spider or Snake?

Knightbird

I thought it would be fun (and a tad bit frustrating) to build Cutter's 'Hero's Journey' from the existing stories. Some were done by other artists (like Cutter's birth)... so which is it the spider (from Wolfrider!) or the snake (from New Blood).

RichardPini

First, I say "go for it." ;)

Second, though, it might be helpful if you expand on what you mean by "which is it..." - what particular "it" do you mean here?

Embala

I go for Wolfrider! and the spider.

NB #6 contradicts the settled story several times:
- there is an otherwise completely unknown tribemate, Runner, who was supposed to be Skywise's mentor/caretaker
- Dewshine !!! was the midwife at Cutter's birth
... so why should the snake be more true than the spider? ^^

Soreyes

I think the snake comes from Cutter's battles with the "Black Snake" or from a fan fic of when Cutter was a young one. He took New Moon from Bearclaw. (when he was sleeping) and killed a Giant Snake. Thus getting his name Cutter.

Knightbird

*****Some were done by other artists (like Cutter's birth)... so which is it the spider (from Wolfrider!) or the snake (from New Blood).*******

Which story is more true. Both were done by different storytellers (neither of which is Wendy), so this is my snag.

When my list is done...I'll post it here, Then maybe on to the next 'Hero'.

Vaeri

i personally like the Spider story better...i thought the art was a bit better and cleaner.^^0